Literally how is it rushed? Anyone with a brain could see it coming from episode 3 with the deer scene...

literally how is it rushed? Anyone with a brain could see it coming from episode 3 with the deer scene, hell I assumed she'd be a love interest the second she was named and became the first daughter to look outside the pit

Not to mention the "hug and a kiss" comment, it's fine to dislike the romance conceptually but calling it "rushed" is fucking disingenuous

I think it's because people are worried Samurai Jack reboot is gonna become what adventure time did once they introduced love interests

nobody wants to see samurai jack going through tired ass dating cliches; people wanna see jack kicking aku's ass and learning shit from the people around him

besides no doubt the writers are gonna introduce the whole "jack has to choose between his mission and his girl" aspect and it's so fucking cliche I might hurl

It's denial, before xcix, anti-jashi posters got reminded of the build up over and over, while dismissing it as shippers being delusional.
Now that it's out, they still ignore it as an attempt to validate they're butthurt over a girl being the deuteragonist.

I love Ashi as a character but I kinda hope she dies for the plot

>they're
Their*

predictability and proper development aren't the same thing

It's rushed in the sense that people don't fall in love that quickly (unless it's something superficial like lust and passion).
Honestly, the fact that Ashi became good so fast was WAY more bullshit and IT is what started the anger of the fans, which exploded when op pic happened.

This.

The romance may have been forshadowed, but we didn't actually see any inklings of romantic attraction between the two until episode 8. It wasn't even two episodes ago that Ashi wasn't even sure if she could call Jack "friend", let alone something more than a friend.

Fucking this.

10 episodes. 26 minutes. You do the math user.

And THAT is exactly why they shouldn't have bothered. There just wasn't enough time to make it feel genuine.

People expected 10 episodes based solely on their relationship

I'm enjoying the show but I don't think it's amazing or anything, it's visually beautiful and that's all I wanted from it. The on the nose symbolism and exaggeration with regards to visuals is actually enjoyable to me while the actual writing quality is pretty irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, I'm just here to enjoy a cool looking cartoon.

>Anyone with a brain could see it coming from episode 3 with the deer scene
That's easy to say for you now. We don't know whether you actually saw it coming yourself.

Still a better ship than Korrasami. That's all I gotta say.

>Honestly, the fact that Ashi became good so fast was WAY more bullshit and IT is what started the anger of the fans, which exploded when op pic happened.
Ashi's redemption makes perfect sense. Her entire worldview has been proven wrong over the course of several days. What should she've done?

Don't remind me. Man, that was cringy.

in the situations they had together leading up to episode 8, would Jack have acted any different were it someone else instead of Ashi

All I can think of is his complimenting her dress and hair, everything else seemed pretty average Jack

Wtf am I watching

It wasn't really rushed, but it ramped up very quickly. I tend to chalk that up to Jack and Ashi having better things to do in episodes 6 and 7 than dwell on romantic thoughts about one another.

They've obviously been on the trail of Aku's castle for a while at this point. It's given them time to decompress and notice each other.

Go into denial. People have an awful tendency to not accept facts if they contradict their expectations. Just look at the anti-Jashi shippers. I still think the pairing is shit.

It must have been awhile or never since Jack got any poontang. When he saw Ashi fine ass something about him arise. I believe it was Lust and Passion more than love, however with the type of person Jack is romantic feelings will kindle at least.

You'd think after being tricked into getting his cherry popped by Aku he'd desperately avoid all romantic impulses. That shit must have been traumatizing.

All memes and jokes aside, it must have been legitimately revolting to realize that just as you'd begun to think you found someone who understood you and your struggle, it turned out that it was your arch-enemy trolling you not just to fuck over your mission, but to humiliate and hurt you.

Is it really impossible for Jack to have fallen in love or at least lust?Ashi can defend herself, and in between respect, passion and lust, maybe love can exist, specially if you're lonely.

And Jack is very lonely.

I think a minor issue, either with the storyboarding or the audience, is that some people can't recognize when an episode start en media res. There could have been possibly weeks of time between episodes 5 6 and 7, and possibly months between 7 and 8

Honestly as long as Jack is happy, that's fine with me. The man finally found happiness and pussy.

There was less development in the relationship for Ray and Ani on True Detective season 2 and that was the least complained about thing
When I stated it felt rushed, everyone called me an idiot.

It's the author's responsability to showcase time.
It's as simple as putting "Two weeks later".

who's to say they're actually in love, maybe they just like and are attracted to each other right now

Are you deaf. Did you not hear Dean Martin playing?

Think it's legit. Ashi is pretty much the first person in the future he's ever let get close to him, and they share some commonalities in past, outlook, and temperament.

The original Samurai Jack never did that as far as I remember. Any adventure could be assumed to take place however long after the last.

>Ashi is pretty much the first person in the future he's ever let get close to him, and they share some commonalities in past, outlook, and temperament

Ikra was getting there, but Aku busted his load a bit early. Still, it definitely had an effect.

One thing's for sure, Jack seems to have a 'type.' Dark-haired, aloof, good hips, and fighty as fuck.

Because it was not necessary in the original's episodic format.
Season 5 is not that format, though it does seem to be written as if it were.

I was kind of hoping since the Ikra incident, Jack would have trust issues with Women attracted to him, always suspecting them of being Aku.

I mean, it was one time fifty years ago.

He was with Ikra for weeks, perhaps months, rivaling how long he's been with Ashi

It was his first time, spoiled by his worst enemy. Also,
>Implying it was only one time
I'm personally hoping for a third strike this season, to cement their love

The comic one was decanonized, though I could perfectly well see Aku trying that trick twice.

So he's definitely not aromantic or asexual now. Fuck me Genndy just obliterated 13 years of headcanons with one scene.

I dunno how anyone got the perception he was. One of his fondest childhood memories was a girl giving him a kiss and an entire episode begins with him checking out a chick's ass, then her trying to catfish him.

Unlike tumblr, Sup Forums pays more attention. That's the difference user.

I'm still not sure how Genndy got away with having Jack blatantly checking out a girl's ass in a Y7 show. How did he pitch the storyboard for that scene, I wonder?

>Sup Forums pays more attention
Funny joke
Sup Forums was raging against this until tumblr flipped their shit, now Sup Forums's all "lol we saw it all along look at those tumblr faggots"
This internet culture war is rotting people's brains

>OMG ASHI PUT SOME CLOTHES ON
>What? Why? I don't understand concepts of such things. What's wrong with being naked?
>know how to tongue wrestle moments later
? ? ? ? ?
?
?
?
?
now that's what I called poor writing unless the have a flashback scene where she learn how kiss with her sisters

Nah, Sup Forums has been speculating on a romance arc since Ashi was marked out in Episode 2 staring at nature and especially in Episode 3 with the deer and other parallels in how she did the 'sit-alone-and-stare-with-undefined-yearning' thing Jack likes to do.

We were seeing a LOT of side by side frames of Jack and Ashi doing similar actions, or side by sides that matched scenes from the old series. Hell, the Emperor/Mother Jack/Ashi one from Episode 6's conclusion got a lot of agreement that something was being done deliberately there.

>>What? Why? I don't understand concepts of such things. What's wrong with being naked?

Literally not what happened. Ashi knows you're not supposed to go around naked, but doesn't seem to consider nudity to be THAT big of a deal, particularly not in a life and death situation. And neither Jack nor Ashi seemed to realize how hard the other was crushing (the camel ride scene's jokes mostly pivot around this conceit).

Jack, on the other hand, we know has always found nudity embarrassing. There's a fuckin' episode about it.

>kids cartoons have been having comically sultry women blatantly tempting men for literally decades
>OMG HOW DID HE GET AWAY WITH MAKING JACK GLANCE AT A WOMAN?!
Do you people just have selective memories of the past?

She has been naked her entire life

>What? Why? I don't understand concepts of such things. What's wrong with being naked?
That's literally not how it went down and you're ignoring in an earlier episode that Ashi recognized that she needed clothes.

It's rushed from their perspective, just because it's foreshadowed doesn't mean it had enough time or development to be good.

Women tempting men and men ogling unaware women are not really the same thing, anonymous.

>men ogling unaware women
We must not be talking about the same episode then

My hope is that this will go down as it would in real life. Ashi helps Jack accomplish his goal, but realizes it's his battle and that in the end he has to complete it. Help, but also respect. Like any functional pair of people would do.

Love can develop rapidly in some cases. There's was based upon more of a visual perspective.
Take what you can get from that.

>It's rushed in the sense that people don't fall in love that quickly
Shakespeare disagrees.

Shakespeare liked to show how dumb kids were by having them fall in love instantly and end in tragedy. His stories were lessons against impulsiveness.

I'm enjoying how a normal heterosexual, racially homogeneous relationship is triggering Sup Forumsmblr right now.

I just find it really uninteresting

>Love can develop rapidly in some cases
>based upon more of a visual perspective

this has to be the laziest excuse for a rushed romance I've ever heard. There was clearly not enough build up before the kiss. That shit was worse than a fucking Disney movie.

>It would somehow be more interesting if she was Ashquanda instead

Sup Forumsmblr pls

The whole episode was dedicated to the build up. It was just cheesy trash.

>It wouldn't be cheesy trash if Jack was making out with a guy

t. Sup Forumsmblr

It's like 8 episodes into a 10 episode series, everyone realized it was a 10 episode series.

True.

More or less this, she is only helping him to fulfill his destiny. She has a strong hatred for Aku not only because of what Jack shown her, but for the way she was raised from birth to be a killing machine.

>this has to be the laziest excuse for a rushed romance I've ever heard. There was clearly not enough build up before the kiss.
Imagine if the camel scene, oasis, innuendos were absent but the kiss happened that would've been Korrasami-tier.
Epiosde 8 was cheesy entertainment pass for early Samurai Jack standards and damn was that Dean Martin addition to the kiss tasteful.

Regular Show was able to get away with that and a lot more.

You'd be surprised at what you can accomplish as long as you're incredibly subtle about it.

Oh yeah there was a scene in the basketball episode where Mordecai looked at Margaret's ass. That show was definitely aimed towards kids around 14-16 years old.

>Implying subtlety matters
Sometimes I wonder if Sup Forums even watches cartoons