Uncanny Avengers

No one seems to be talking about this. The best Marvel book coming out right now, bar none. Probably the best Avengers book I have ever read, to be honest, though of course I haven't read all of them.

It's tragic that the shit Waid is writing is consider the "main" Avengers book, and probably gets the better sales, when this one feels more important, is funnier, has better characters, and is a ton more beautiful.

It even carries on the plot of a lot of major Avengers villains, like Ultron, and core Avengers characters, like Hank, Janet and Pietro. As for the new characters, I didn't think I would ever give a toss for Synapse, but this latest issue is making me rethink that (helps that she's such a qt under the mask).

For the first time for quite a while (when it comes to modern ongoing comics, at least), image related actually gave me a rock in my chest. What a ride it has been. I believe this is the last issue written by Duggan now that he's writing Guardians of the Galaxy, which is cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with it, but for the last year Uncanny Avengers was the Marvel book I was actually giddy to read each month purely based on the story and the art.

So, Gerry Duggan, Pepe Larraz, good job. Damn good job.

With everything poor decision Marvel makes, it is hard to look at the few good comics of quality.

That, and generally the good ones get cancelled as well. RIP in peace Nova and Ghost Rider.

It's a mediocre book that looks great because most of Marvel comic books are terrible. It's nothing but Deadpool wank.

Cable and Rogue are terrible in it.

I actually almost gave up on the book entirely because of the art in the first issue. There is this one absolutely vomit worthy panel of Jonny Storm that pretty much made me drop it on the spot. I'll dig it up.

After Larraz took over though, it was a different book entirely. This was the first issue he did, I think (not the cover art, but I'll post some interiors in a min).

So when Rogue stole Ms Marvel's power, was one of the powers a fabulously large 80s hairdo?

I enjoyed the run and Duggan's characterizations. The Ultron arc was a real head scratcher. I still can't make up my mind if it's Hank going justifiably bat-shit, Ultron wearing his skin, or both truly merging. The Deadpool and Rogue thing was probably the most "organic" pair up in the last decade. Didn't feel forced.

From #1

And #9

I dunno, its weird seeing Spidey categorically refuse to have anything to do with Deadpool in one book, and have a *teamup* book running with him.

How can Rogue stand to sit next to Johnny after he tried to kill the X-Men and burn down the X Mansion?

storytime the newest issue you selfish asshole

>nothing but Deadpool wank

Wrong. Don't get me wrong, he's certainly one of the more prominent characters (it's written by the Deadpool writer, so I can't blame him using a character he can write well), but different characters take the stage for different stories and have moments to shine. Deadpool is usually just around to deliver some funny lines. In fact, when he does do something important and heroic, like in the Red Skill issue, it feels like a big deal. He's definitely not overused.

As for Cable and Rogue, I didn't have a problem with them. I guess we all have the characterizations that we measure a character again, and I haven't read great deal of either of those characters, but how they acted and fit into the plots of the stories worked great for me.

It's the end of the run, nobody that isn't reading them already would get as much out of it. I can story time some other issue. The start of some other arc, I guess...

Rogue is there for nothing but complain and make Deadpool look good.

Isn't there a new issue out today?

I'm reading it
please just storytime the finale, I want Larraz's sexy art

>that upper body art
>those expressions
bloody hell

Was the new issue dumped today?

I've been trying to find the TPB's for this series, but can't find them anywhere. Newbury, Barnes and Noble, not even Toy Vault. Which is really weird since it's a recent book.

They're all in-stock on Amazon. Don't bother with brick and mortar stores because they'll just sell them at MSRP, which are a massive rip-off for how overpriced Marvel's trades are. The discounts on Amazon knock 30-40% off each issue.

Not OP, but I could storytime the new issue, if you would like

please

nevermind, it's being done here

This art is godawful

They changed the artist after #9, that improved the book a lot

Larraz should go to GotG with Duggan.

rouge looks good in an afro