I was a production assistant for Marvel Studios from 2014-2016 and read what I assume is an early draft of the Captain...

I was a production assistant for Marvel Studios from 2014-2016 and read what I assume is an early draft of the Captain Marvel script.

Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAuHNW_YqEQ&list=PLZA2QKXxUTl3ObYxzVa84mJY-K9F4CL7L
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mar-Vell in it?

Yes, quite extensively in the first third of the script.

why do you "assume" instead of know

My uncle works at Nintendo too.

How about Monica.

How close is it to the episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes wherein Carol was introduced?

Mar-Vell and Carol are the only two, unfortunately.

Because I did not work on that movie, so I don't know how many drafts came before or after.

Were you based in Atlanta or England?

A PA wouldn't get to read the script. Your job is to get coffee.

What's your favourite food?

tell us a summary and any cool moments

Never seen it. You'd have to describe it for me.

Only time I went on set was in 2015 for Ant-Man, in San Francisco and even then, only very briefly.

Thanks for telling me how my own job works.

I went ahead and got a trip, just so no fakes could hijack this thread.

How would you describe the tone?

Any connections to the larger MCU?

Did you like it?

Richard Rider hinted at?

What's Carol's personality? Does it mention Mar-Vell having any childs? and of course references to other cosmic properties?

Where in san francisco?

I was the guy that shaved Olivia Munn's pubes for her psylocke costume. Ask me anything.

I am Olivia Munn. This user is lying. I shaved my own pubes.

Is there any feminist bullshit on it

Did you hurl?

Why are you even asking? You know there'll be a shitton of "women are weaker" subversions and "gurl pawah!"

Did you like it?

Did Carol have a personality beyond "I am the female superhero"?

>How would you describe the tone?
Very similar to Iron Man 1, in the sense that it's got a very militant plot, but it doesn't use that in sacrifice of fun. That's not to say it's as good as Iron Man 1's script was.

>Any connections to the larger MCU?
Yes, quite a few. Mostly SWORD existing after Thanos' attack in Infinity War and the Kree arriving at Earth.

>Did you like it?
It was okay. Sort of treaded the same ground that movies like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange did.

'Fraid not, user.

>What's Carol's personality?
Snarky, tough female with nothing to lose and everything to gain. They played it safe with this one.

>Does it mention Mar-Vell having any childs? and of course references to other cosmic properties?
The Kree are pretty important to the plot. No kids mentioned for Mar-Vell. There's a neat scene mentioned where Carol visits a part of the Peak called the 'Petting Zoo' that is basically a menagerie of alien creatures, but it didn't specify if any were from the comics.

I was in Tenderloin, but that was well after any actors had shot their scenes.

Maybe there isn't any of that. Maybe they have a different and interrsting focus to Carol's character.

One can dream.

It was okay. I'd mostly be interested in seeing The Peak and all of the zaniness that goes with that.

You know, believe it or not, I don't remember anything too political about this movie. I guess the feminist rhetoric of Captain Marvel punching dudes out and blowing shit up was enough.

>It was okay. Sort of treaded the same ground that movies like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange did.
Sounds boring.

Asking the only really important question here...

Does the YASSS Queen SLAY?

She kills several nameless AIM soldiers and the big bad, so yeah I guess she slays some people.

Just gonna piggyback on this question, were white bitches a mistake?

No, I collected them.

And yet you told me I left your skin silkier and smoother than you ever had. My hands are here for your coochie whenever you need me again Olivia.

Then this thread is kind of pointless, don't you think. If something doesn't happen like you said would happen, then you have an excuse.

I didn't make this thread to justify my having read the script, but to inform people about the film.

Who is the big bad?

Proof?

There are three 'main' villains. Yon-Rogg, Mar-Vell's Kree commander, Dr. Korman, the new head of AIM, and Mac Gargan, a mercenary.

Of the three, Yon-Rogg is the biggest threat, but Korman is the 'big' personal villain to Danvers.

I have a friend who was an assistant on the Jack Hunter films

youtube.com/watch?v=oAuHNW_YqEQ&list=PLZA2QKXxUTl3ObYxzVa84mJY-K9F4CL7L

Ask me anything

Yo, I have a friend who works on the Marvel Studios movies as well and he told me some Thor spoilers that I want confirmed.

Does he really lose an eye in Ragnarok?

What is the Stan Lee Cameo?

>Mac Gargan, a mercenary.
I'm finding it REALLY hard to see the Scorpion being used outside a Spider-Man film.

>Mac Gargan
Really fires up my almonds.

What about Jessica? Mar-vell can't be the only supporting cast. That literally makes no sense.

Now we know you're a liar

There's a scene where Korman, the AIM leader, crushes a statue of the last leader with a Kree-powered sledgehammer. Stan says something like "Oh, well that wasn't very nice."

>I'm finding it REALLY hard to see the Scorpion being used outside a Spider-Man film.
No Scorpion, just Gargan. Feige is a big, big believer in sticking to the comics for these initial films, and Scorpion was the first supervillain Ms. Marvel faced in her comic.

Shut up. Next to Captain Marvel, Jack doesn't hold a candle. Jack Hunter is fu

The secondary human cast is pretty much reduced to Abigail Brand, Carol's direct superior, and Michael Barnett, The Peak's psychiatrist who is a sort of love interest to Carol but that role is more or less filled by Mar-Vell.

How would you rate it among the MCU films? How do you expect it to be received among the MCU films? From what you know, of course.

Tell me about Infinity War, OP.

Well, I've only read the script - so the final product could be very, very different. As it stands, I'd probably rate it higher than Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and AoU.

Hopefully people like it. I think you guys will like seeing AIM dudes in the beekeeper suits.

Captain Marvel was written before Infinity War, but the people who write it obviously knew about the broad strokes. It's clear from the script that Earth has had to get its shit together after whatever Thanos does in Infinity War, and Thanos appears in the end credits to talk to Captain Mar-Vell's soul.

Does he die?

I guess I won't die if Jess isn't in it. How powerful is Carol in her movie? Does she SLAY like Feige says she does or is he exaggerating her powers? Does she go binary? How much space and flight time is there?

Wasn't AIM Killian's company or something?

Yes.

Well, a lot of the movie takes place on The Peak, which is in space, and the final action sequence has Carol solo fighting The Peak as it hurtles towards Earth. That being said, this is primary an Earth based movie, and it never goes full-cosmic like, say, GotG does.

Carol's powers are pretty well limited to super-strength, durability, flight, and energy blasts.

Yes, and it's evolved considerably into the super-science death cult of the comics. There's a joke or something about it still being publicly traded (an AIM guy asks "Think the stocks will split after this?" or something to that effect).

Woah woah how doed that work?

What is Mar-Vell role in the movie?

Awww man, that sucks, how does he go?

>2017*1*1
>dreaming
Give uo

The end credits scene is roughly this: Mar-Vell wakes up in some valley of the dead, skulls everywhere, mountains of them, and Thanos is there wondering how Mar-Vell showed up, but not dead. He says something like: "Come here, let's have a look at you." And Mar-Vell objects. Then Thanos says: "No, I want to see inside your soul."

He's in the party that comes to the Peak to negotiate getting their technology on Earth back, and teaches Carol how to control her powers.

Laser sword to the chest.

>Laser sword to the chest.
Does Carol get the high ground after that?

She impales his killer, Gargan - in what I can only imagine is a setup for the Scorpion, immediately after, so she definitely gets a comeuppance.

So they're not done with Marv?

Isn't tne Peak the space station? How and why is she fighting it? Is the Peak Kree or SWORD?

She has no energy absorption? Also, does Carol have a Kree Warrior side to her? I need Murder Carol in my life.

Have you seen the concept art? What do you think of the costume?

Is Mar-Vell a blue Kree?

Does Ronan gets namedropped?

I need to know more about the Kree.

Stan Lee's cameos are never on script. Especially on an early draft.

Nice try tho.

AIM?
for real?

According to this dude, the new Kree leader smashes a statue of the old one with a hammer. So that is probably the equivalent of a namedrop

I have no clue, but I'd imagine with that ending they're not.

In the movie it's basically a giant space station spear. Yon-Rogg kills Brand and takes control of it so that he can destroy the Earth.

She takes several laser blasts without her costume, but I don't think they made it a part of her power set.

> Also, does Carol have a Kree Warrior side to her? I need Murder Carol in my life.
There's actually a pretty touching scene where Mar-Vell explains what his uniform symbol means and how 'anyone can be a warrior'.

The script mentions a helmet, so I assume it's the one in pic related.

He's white, literally an albino white it seems, and that puts him in a lower caste or some shit.

Nope, Xandar does though.

They don't say 'Stan Lee' just like they don't say Brie Larson when they mention Captain Marvel. But you can infer who they're talking about when they say 'friendly old man' or whatever.

Yes, they're the 'villainous organization' of the movie, and I think the script did them justice - especially for people who were ticked off at Iron Man 3.

No, no, the new AIM leader smashes a statue of Killian with the hammer. The hammer is just powered by Kree tech that they found on Earth.

my bad man

>They don't say 'Stan Lee' just like they don't say Brie Larson when they mention Captain Marvel. But you can infer who they're talking about when they say 'friendly old man' or whatever.

No shit.

Those are never on early drafts. They specifically add those to very final script because Stan Lee is literally the last thing they take care of.

I don't know why you think you know more about the process than I do. Stan Lee's cameos are often filmed all at once, and it's generally up to the director's discretion, but pretty much every draft in a Marvel movie has dialogue that will be attributed to Stan Lee.

How Feminist is the movie?

Not very, see:

see

>I don't know why you think you know more about the process than I do.

LOL. Because you're just some jobless fat dude making up shit?

How about you fucking prove it there buddy.

>Mar-Vell and Carol are the only two, unfortunately.

hard pass

What are Carol's hair like?

The script didn't go into such details, but as I said here: a helmet is mentioned, so it's either very short or long enough to do the helmet mohawk in the picture.

Or something new entirely.

Is she going to look like an insufferable lesbian butch dyke like zarya?

But people who have seen the costume saw no helmet. Just Carol in shoulder length hair, in flight, about to punch a Kree Sentry.

The helmet is something she puts on at the very end, to signify her new costume. It's important to keep in mind that:
1.) That was just concept art
2.) The script could have changed, especially that portion since I don't believe Brie's deal had been finalized. Obviously they'd want more screen time for her face since she's a fairly big actress

But I'm not ready to give my uo

Does she get raped by her son?

>it's a LARP thread

Marvel recently had an Open Bouse a couple weeks ago. Carol will have shoulder length hair with no helmet. There is actual concept art of Carol in flight, about to punch a Kree Sentry. She also has short to medium length hair. No helmet is mentioned, btw.

There being a helmet in a draft from a year or two ago does not mean there will be one in the final film.

There being concept art of Marvel without her helmet does not mean one won't be used in the film, either.

How does mar-vell die, super cancer?

See:

Any yuri subtext?

Meant to respond to:

So he is not dead, or did he end up in the valley of the dead by super cancer?

Are Mr. Tawny and Hoppy the Marvel Bunny in it?

True, but I can't see why they would use it. It looks stupid and it would be nice to havd an awesome hero who doesn't need a stupid, techy, geeky looking helmet.

I think the implication is that the place he ends up is some twisted afterlife.

A tease of the cancerverse?

>killing off Brand

I was really worried about this movie but now it's sounding kinda better
How violent is Carol in the movie?
Any references to the 'Ms. Marvel' name?
How much did they change her origin? Glad they kept Mar-Vell