SIGH

SIGH

WHAT

I think they did the best they could with a joke concept villain.

I thought he was portrayed pretty good.

Granted I haven't read many comics with Ego since he barely shows up in current Marvel.

It was good though

Yeah Marvel does an amazing job when they adapt obscure comic book villains for TV and film.

I shit myself when they showed his planet face

and people said they wouldn't do it

Usually the MCU manages to improve on longtime comic characters, leadinf the books to change said comic characters into their MCU versions.

Not sure it worked with Ego.

PAC. MAN.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTIGN AWAY WITH IT

>Falcon
I'll give you one, any other examples?

RDJ basically defined modern Iron Man

What's that perfume you're wearing? Is that the stench of death?

What did you expect OP? something out of a comic book?

Except Ego did have the face...

>expecting people to watch mcu schlock

Right? I love that they are using movies like this to really push in that comic booky direction

Are you fucking high? Ego was a huge improvement. One of the best villains the MCU has had.

oh yeah

Martha?

Don't you have any friends to annoy with your "The MCU sucks" diatribes?

not even Sup Forums is that contrarian, it's just snyderfags

Martha?

Ego was a great villain who surprised me with the twist, and left me genuinely shocked and appalled at his actions and beliefs.

Why did you say that name?!

My only complaint is now Thanos will disappoint.

Martha? The comic book character? The Martha who is Superman's mom, Martha?

Didn't we saw his planet form during the credits? It was shit tho, he didn't had Kurt Russell's face

I lost my shit when they showed his face on the planet.

No way man, he is DEFINITELY going to be handled well after all of the lead up, and it will have been ALL WORTH IT forcing a bunch of movies to have weak third acts centered around mcguffins when he's the villain of TWO WHOLE MOVIES IN A ROW.

Uhh user we did see the face. Literally right after he revealed himself as evil.

I almost get the the feeling that when he does show up, he'll be a complete joke on purpose. And we'll get some kind of bait and switch villain.

That would actually be hilarious.

>Thanos robot/clone
I can dig it

>clone has the gauntlet
>makes an earthquake with it
>get the classic old scene
I can hope

Looks like I'm gonna need to rewatch

> a fucking thumb

I loved that Ego was basically just Alkazzar from Futurama.

I thought Ego was done perfectly. The character was presenting himself falsely. Deceived this for most of the movie and then reveals his motives were completely ego driven. I thought it was fine. They even showed his face on the planet, just for a second, but it made me very happy.

Exactly the reason why the thread shouldn't have been made

sigh

I like how Sup Forums's autism is so consistent and predictable that you can tell what the thread was about without OP even writing a single sentence.

What are you sighing at? They did exactly that in the movie.

>Legion
>Marvel

if you went back 10 years and told yourself they would portrayed Ego in a decent movie you would have laughed yourself to death...lets give some credit where its due

I was really hoping there would be a nod to actual Celestials somewhere along the line.

did you miss Eson and Knowhere in the first film?

Like when he said he was a Celestial? Or when they were inside the head of a Celestial in the first movie? Or again in the first movie, when they showed Celestials walking around and fucking shit up?

>Like when he said he was a Celestial
Ego isn't a 100ft tall set of glowing armor.

>first film
But in this film where the main villain is a "Celestial" the classic one's are nowhere to be seen nor are mentioned.

Yondu is another

>Ego isn't a 100ft tall set of glowing armor.

But he is a giant brain. Maybe he's the Celestial equivalent of an aborted fetus. Or a science experiment. Or maybe it's just delusions of grandeur on the part of Ego.

>Why did so few children across the rural South attend school regularly during Reconstruction?

Have you considered there might be a reason for this?

If you really want to know trying bugging Gunn on Facebook or Twitter. I hear he's pretty damn responsive.

>Why did so few children across the rural South attend school regularly during Reconstruction?

Er... meant to quote

>But in this film where the main villain is a "Celestial" the classic one's are nowhere to be seen nor are mentioned.

I liked Ego best when he was devoured by the Marvel Zombies

>But he is a giant brain. Maybe he's the Celestial equivalent of an aborted fetus. Or a science experiment. Or maybe it's just delusions of grandeur on the part of Ego.
That's exactly the sort of thing that would have been cool to find out in the movie instead of speculating about on a chinese cartoon board.

>Have you considered there might be a reason for this?
See above.

I just like Celestials. Why are you giving me shit for it?

>That's exactly the sort of thing that would have been cool to find out in the movie instead of speculating about on a chinese cartoon board

Wasn't relevant to the plot of the movie. May be relevant in the future though.

>I just like Celestials. Why are you giving me shit for it?

Relax, I ain't givin ya shit man, just shootin it. And I mean what I say about askin Gunn. He might at least give you a "I can't comment on future plans" or somethin, let you know you're knockin on the right door.

Is OG GotG and Adam Warlock gonna be a thing in infinity war?
I hope so

Definitely in Infinity War, maybe in Infinity Gauntlet, guaranteed in GOTGv3.

I'd rather them just show up in GotG 3 like I want minimal guardians stuff in infinity war just sort of a pop in and a gag or two I like them having a mostly separate mythos

Yeah! Cause they did such an injustice to us Ego the Living Planet fans! Am I right?!

Why is the DCEU so much less afraid to approach comic book-y characters than the MCU is?

getting directors who hate comic books doesn't really help

Because all the crazy DC live action people are working on Gotham.

Yeah it would be cool even to just see the OG team get a B-plot.
They are hardly connected to the modern team at all even in the comics so it would be weird to see them intertwined too much

What comic booky things have the MCU shied away from?

I immediately tagged him as SK the first time I saw him. This was a pretty decent adaptation.

Yeah it's during the scene where I think it was Rocket and Yondu were flying the towards the planet. We get a shot of his face as they fly towards it. I don't know how you missed that.

Too bad it was only for a second

Even for an exposition scene the whole David in a classroom explaining to himself the SK/Xavier vendetta was spot on and enjoyable exposition.

I wish. Superman only fights Zod and Luthor.

DUCK

>>Ego is getting the upper hand
>>All of the Guardians are being suffocated
>>"What are you fighting for?!"
>>Break the Chain's guitar riff

I got chills.

It was anime as fuck and I loved it.

God, I WISHED Infinity Wars had a moment like that.

Ego is an Elder of the Universe, immortal being kept live by a single strong obsession, so to cut down on the various super powerful space races he just got lumped in with Celestials.

dont click unless you wanna spoil the movie senpai

Kurt Russell seemed to enjoy his time doing this movie.

Ego has never been an actual Elder, there are two Elders in the MCU already.
Keep in mind HE'S the one calling himself a God and a Celestial and a pretty cool guy in the movie.

He seems to enjoy doing any movie

best performance since Bridges imo

I don't think I've ever seen him give a bad performance.

>Ego has never been an actual Elder
He was part of the group in Englehart's Silver Surfer run

Click if you want to see the planet face.

>there are two Elders in the MCU already.
Which reminds me, you ever think we'll get a Contest of Champions?

Few months ago and I was expecting to see something like this

I liked it. Movie made it clear that Ego couldn't keep his consciousness in more than one place at a time, he even said he would die if he didn't return to his core after too long traveling in space.

>Get a big role in a huge summer surefire hit
>Get to play yourself as Cool Motherfucker Kurt Russell
>No 4 hours in makeup chair
>No suit covered in ping pong balls
>Don't have to sit next to Ben Affleck at break watching him slowly fall into pieces.

And here we fucking go

Given how seamlessly Young K Russell was done, I'd kill to have this Big Guy as The Champion.

if you can't handle bantz, go find a kid-friendly imageboard.

can someone with the lore breakdown let me know what to think of this?

Are all celestials dickwads? Is there any power from being half celestial? Is Peter really unable to use his celestial powers at all now?

>Is Peter really unable to use his celestial powers at all now?

Based on the rules laid out in the movie yes, Peter got his power from his father. I would assume that now holding an Infinity Gem would kill him

Comic book Celestials are enigmatic thousand foot tall Astronaut-looking motherfuckers.
The term either doesn't mean the same thing in the MCU, or Ego was using it broadly, or he's bullshitting.
Short answer: no one knows at this point.

The only rule laid out in the movie is that he had his father's genes for controlling that huge energy source. Ego himself only found out about him when he heard someone handled a stone and lived. So clearly it's Peter's genetics and not his Father's powers that allowed him to use the stone.

>Are all celestials dickwads?

Pretty much.

i know it's pedantic but the song is called The Chain

It's both. He has the celestial genes and as Ego clearly stated as long as the planet was around he would be immortal.

>Are all Celestials dickwads?

Just as Ego said "more of a little-g" god, we don't know if he's a big-C Celestial or a little-c "celestial" being. He is, technically, celestial, being a fucking planet. He's also an egotistical douchebag and a fucking liar so who knows. The point is his character, which is that he's so self-obsessed that his loneliness becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, as he becomes determined to destroy everything different from himself.

They straight up say in the movie that Peter and Ego only have their powers "As long as the light in the core of the planet burns" and then they blow that the fuck up, so Quill has no energy manipulation Maker power shit. He does retain Ego's genes and physiology though which we know are remarkably non-human to the point where the Sovereign could detect it easily.

Also he probably has a big human penis like his dad.

They were hanging out with him, he's never been officially one of them.
In fact he meets none of the criteria for being an Elder of the Universe.

I meant his power was derived from the core of Ego.

I'm not contradicting that the planet's power gave him great power/immortality.
I'm just saying that he wasn't in any way tapping it's power in GotG 1, he was able to survive the Stone because he's genetically adept at wielding power.

>Are all celestials dickwads?

Oh hell yes. They made several super powered races and ditched them for shits and giggles. The only mildly heroic thing they do is beat down slightly more evil Celestials. Why are you asking this? You saw one of them commit genocide in the first GotG movie. Galactus might destroy your world out of hunger, but a Celestial would do it just because.