Think on a cartoon. Got it?

Think on a cartoon. Got it?

say how different it would be if it was an anime

I'm getting tired of these psuedo-anime threads, is cartoon and comic discussion not good enough for you?

But Tomodachi wa Mahou is already an anime.

In b4 this just becomes another shitty east vs. west thread.

I just want to see how different do you think it would be.

There are some interesting cultural differences that might be fun to think about.

West and East both have good and bad stuff. It's not the intention of the thread.

I'll tell you why I dislike anime in general. The pacings are slow, if it's based on a Manga you expect filler, I dislike the generic art style, the woman japanese voices are ear rape, and the dubs are a 50/50risk they'll suck, unless you get lucky and watch a high tier animation or story like Jojo, Akira, or One Punch Man then there's no other reason to watch anime. There's a reason why I resort to cartoons and avoid your weeaboo tastes.

>West and East both have good and bad stuff. It's not the intention of the thread.
Regardless, that's how it will inevitably play out.

>Jojo

>Akira

>One punch man

Cancer

>any of those
>high tier story

This so much.
99% of what comes out of Japan is awful Product with about as much genuine love and care put into it as a McDonald's Big Mac.

They are giving their dedicated fan base exactly what they'll reliably respond to. Anime is exactly like Big 2 comics in this regard.
The industry is completely stripped of artistry, innovation and skilled storytelling.

all the sisters would want to have sex with their brother

This post is so stereotypically "I've watched 10 anime and I'm an expert".

There are maybe 40 worth owning in the last 50 years. And maybe 2 of those have been made in the last five.

But you go ahead and wear your undiscriminating tastes like a badge of honor, we can't stop you.

>If it's popular, it's not good

Most anime these days consists of moeshit because moeshit sells well, at least over here.

The animation industry in japan isn't immune to the cancerous " make what sells " slogan america has

At least the inconsistencies wouldn't exist
New gems would actually look good
Fanservice
At least seeing a 14 struggle over his identity and who he is would probably be written better
Fight scenes would be better

Fuck off fag.

You are being off topic.

Jump jump gets his comic turned into a series

The same can be said of any medium. 90% of everything is crap.

The fun is finding that 10% that you really enjoy.

I mean, most comics and cartoons are pretty bad too. We just discuss the ones we enjoy/the ones we enjoy hating too much to let die.

Fine

TMNT

I mean it's already happened but I want it to be far more faithful
I'd imagine better action sequences and the TMNT coming to terms with the fact Splinter only created them for venges and they serve no other purpose

>At least seeing a 14 struggle over his identity and who he is would probably be written better
>In what would likely be a shonen
PFFFFFFFT

>90% of everything is crap.
No, that's objectively not true.
99% of new anime is crap because it's produced by sweatshop labor to appeal to a fanbase of Pavlovian retards.

Genuine effort and craftsmanship go into movie and novel production.
Sure, you get schwarbage cranked out by Brazilian knock off studios, but that stuff is only about average to your typical barely animated Jap show with the same 10 voice actors.

While it may be true that only 10% of films or books may appeal to YOU in any given year, the remainder aren't being produced by Guatemalan orphans or sweaty inbred South Korean shut-ins.

Just gonna say it since we're having this retarded discussion.

There's maybe 5% of movies that aren't "pandering" to china these days.

At least moeshit is honest about it.

>Genuine effort and craftsmanship go into movie and novel production.
kek, film production is mostly average joes doing their jobs no different than they would while filming a extenze commercial, and most novels produced are low brow trash chugged out to make a semi-regular buck.

Codename: Kids Next Door
I see it one of two ways
>Shounen mecha style with slice of life school stuff. Each operative gets a much designed for a different purpose. Villains are often teachers.
Or
>Chibi style comedy. More focus on wacky mishaps. More Numbuh 2 noir detective episodes.

What the fuck are you even talking about faggot?

Tintin
I'd like to imagine it'd be somewhat longrunning, with each story adapted to up to 26 episodes, or maybe a mystery-of-the-week thing.

>There's maybe 5% of movies that aren't "pandering" to china these days.
That's retarded and you don't even believe that.
Maybe 4 big movies come out a year with a nod to China.

The animation studios the japanese and americans exploit to make the in-between animation frames of the show.
Would look generic, lame and tasteless. We already have a bunch of fans making art for that show, no need for more.

>I'm completely ignorant on this topic but hhhhere I go!!

Why does Sup Forums as a whole hate media so much?

Is it cuz they get off on being hipster?

Or is it cuz they're underage and they think it makes them look cool.

Or is it cuz they're "Artists" who couldn't make it because they're retarded.

I love how every time a man gives an example of anime's the good ones, they're all shows for men with macho male main characters.

>completely ignorant on this topic.

Oh please. Do enlighten me faggot.

I don't hate it, I just come here to stir heat. In fact I'm the type of faggot that watches anything without taking external criticism in order to enjoy it myself. I don't expect any show to be perfect. I expect it to make me feel like a 9 year old watching saturday cartoons expecting the new exciting adventures. If the media makes me feel like that then I'm sold, even if it's part of having shit taste.

Spoiler alert, he fucking can't which is why he responded with a non-argument.

>99% of new anime is crap

So for you the 10% is going to be more old anime than new.

Gee, that was fucking hard.

A nostalgia troll

Didnt expect to see one in this thread

Ok. I'm cool with you.

Can't recall watching a piece of japanese media with a female lead that actually made me feel intrigued. Maybe those examples are influenced on my taste since they're those shows that left me in the edge of my seat waiting the next episode.

You should try The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Not this guy
But I can think of a couple of good shows with decent female leads

Maybe Dennou Coil, or Serial Experiments Lain, Pscyho-Pass?

The best of its kind
Glad to know
Thanks needed something new to watch

>Freakazoid
so Inferno Cop?

Courage looks more like a real dog that is still pink, he has Japanese cartoony reactions. Muriel is a spanking Hot Gmilf and ever monster just have to get in a grab before the episode ends. The Show takes place in the middle of nowhere Japan where Courage has to deal with all the Japaneses horror legends.
A few episodes in they'll introduce a Cake and her younger sister so Courage has some adventuring buddies.

Who is this guy and what is the context of this?

>The pacings are slow
Yes, 12 or 26 episodes is real slow compared to American shows (both animated and live action) that go on for years and years and may not even have a story.

>if it's based on a Manga you expect filler
If all you watch is stuff like Dragon Ball.

>I dislike the generic art style
There is no such thing.

>the woman japanese voices are ear rape
Meme.

>99% of what comes out of Japan is awful Product with about as much genuine love and care put into it as a McDonald's Big Mac.
Meme, and anime is less commercialized and restricted than American TV.

>The industry is completely stripped of artistry, innovation and skilled storytelling.
This is complete fantasy.

>There are maybe 40 worth owning in the last 50 years. And maybe 2 of those have been made in the last five.
Meme.

Moeshit doesn't exist.

>99% of new anime is crap
Meme.

>produced by sweatshop labor to appeal to a fanbase of Pavlovian retards
They are there voluntarily because they want to make animation even if it doesn't pay much.

>Genuine effort and craftsmanship go into movie and novel production.
And TV anime.

>barely animated
Meme.

The vast majority of anime production is conducted in Japan, only some work is outsourced overseas.

>Ben 10
>Kamen Rider like
>Less subtle incest between Ben and Gwen

I don't care if you're allowed to like comics and animus at the same time, this thread is bad and you should feel bad. In addition to invoking the worst parts of both fandoms, the question fundamentally doesn't make any sense. It only becomes answerable if you turn off your brain entirely and answer to the most tribal cliches and tropes that 2006 can muster.

>Would look generic, lame and tasteless.
So nothing changes.

True, I've seen fan-made stories that make more sense than the actual take on the show. Which is sad. I used to like that show.

>The pacings are slow
Hah ha. As opposed to Steven Universe with no end in sight, or Samurai Jack rushing the fuck out of the season.

The first one look rad as fuck.

Terrible examples of how a show has to be managed. For story telling I like Avatar TLA, For episodic adventures Rick and Morty could be a good example or the old Teen Titans. Every show has its flaw in pacing since you work with various writers at the same time. But I prfer it over 5 24 minutes episodes that bring nothing to the table or are full of flashbacks. I feel like I waste my life.

-The Starco would be stronger from the start
-Better fights and more action
-more fanserive

That's all that would change, I think

>starcucks will get NTR'd with the force of two nukes

I'd want more echi gems. Thought knowing the fandom, that's really far out there/

Jojo is okay but I wouldn't call it "high tier" animation or story.
Fuck, ever since the anime aired in the americas its been memed to oblivion. Literally anime equivalent of MLP

Imagine the tits, hips and ass on Jackie.

Wakfu remains essentially the same. Maybe more panty-shots.

>less townie shit

I'd be game for it.

oh
it's you again

No Need For Greg would exist and it would be great.

Of at least the townie shit is less fucking stupid and pointless or at least entertaining.