Whys she such a hardass

Whys she such a hardass

So we don't confuse her with the OTHER Doctor Light.

Real talk why did we kept the original Doctor light? Kimiyo was created during the crisis in infinite earth, she was front and center during the whole event, first of its kind, so why was she the forgeten Doctor Light?

Tsundere
>Superman Y-You BAKA!

She was always kind of really arrogant, it just made her come off as mean.
Because after the end of the Original Crisis, the old Doctor Light showed up several times in NTT, which was a considerably more popular comic book at the time.

Because she didn't rape anyone.

Badum tiss.

The cartoon

Wasn't NTT before crisis?

She's japanese.

Too much soda

Her husband is a rapist.

That's power girl.

No but she was briefly a sexbot.

Where is she? Has appeared post Rebirth? How come she never got her own book?

correct my memory here, didn't dr. light rape her when he got all his memories back?

She was kind of an unlikable cunt. I mean that's a core part of her personality. There's no reason or hidden pain or whatever for it. She's just a cunt.

Considering what happened to the other OC Crisis heroes she got off pretty lucky.

Yes, but Rapelight showed up also AFTER the Crisis in said comics

>correct my memory here, didn't dr. light rape her when he got all his memories back?
He tied to, At worse he just stripped her and had her crying

I think he threatened to rape her kids too. It was during Blackest Night.

Blackest Night is everything that was wrong with late 2000s DC distilled into one event.

what stopped him from trying though? I can't remember what happened I don't have my copies of GA anymore.

heh, he was pretty butthurt because he got turned into a human candle

Because she wasnt on Teen Titans.
Thats why, too many characters and versions got popular on the cartoons and artists are lazy people.

>late 2000s media

ftfy, it also the time when the zombie genre bubble is about to burst

She named herself after a rapist, that's pretty edgy

In hindsight the JLA must have hated her guts

Didn't she moreorless get over that as soon as she was introduced?

She was a new diversity hero in an age where new diversity heroes were already a dime a dozen. She didn't even get her own series.

The other Light was remembered only as a joke villain. He was chosen for the Identity Crisis thing BECAUSE he was a joke villain.

Blackest Night is what really got me into comics :(

Yeah, right after Supetgirl's death but then JLI sitcom antics and women are shrill shrews.

what playstation 1 FMV is this from?

>new diversity heroes were already a dime a dozen
I don't fucking buy that shit user

>New teen titans #3
>1981
>Crisis on infinite earth
>1985

A lot of new characters in the '80s were poorly made, diversity bait characters. For example, pic related and Vibe.

You dunce, he means the rape story was retconned into the history nearly 20 years later.

I'm not holding it against you user, a lot of people got suckered in by blackest night, not only you because the event was designed to get new readers.

Blackest Night was good for old readers too though, most of the tie-ins pulled a lot of old history back into the books.

ah yes, you're right but it's also a soft gateway for new readers to dive in. i have friends who were interested in zombie apocalypse that they bought the books and when they saw there were tie ins they got suckered in to buying those too.

Old readers of course are part of their demo, it certainly wouldn't be a success if it didn't

Kimiyo isn't a "diversity" hero like those clowns, she was a superhero who a japanese woman.

And then did absolutely fucking nothing like the rest of them.

>what stopped him from trying though? I can't remember what happened I don't have my copies of GA anymore.
He got atomized

That's from blackest night, the user I think was referring to the green arrow issue where dr. light went ham on the justice league for mindwiping him

so what's the deal with the Doctor Light's powers? Are they just less effective, more rapey Lanterns?

Some of the current crop of diversity shit are like that too.

That's on the writers.

Not really true, she was pretty active for a whole decade.

It's light manipulation.
>lasers
>invisibility
>blinding flashes of light
>can supercharge kryptonians and other solar powered superheroes
>can travel the speed of light
And yeah she can also make hard light constructs.

>can travel the speed of light
Yo hold the fuck up, are you telling me these fuckers are speedsters

Nah dude, everybody and their mother can go at the speed of light. Speedsters in DC are basically time travelers

Bruce's can't.

>ftfy, it also the time when the zombie genre bubble is about to burst
Has it, though? Maybe in comics but zombie media is still frequent enough.

Though honestly, I'm still pretty sick of zombies.

No she very much was in the crop of diversity characters along with ones like the Yolanda Montez version of Wildcat and the Beth Chapel version of Doctor Mid-Nite and probably others I'm forgetting, all of whome were created at pretty much the exact same time.

Infinity inc. Is a fucking hidden classic you uncultured swine.

>a zombie movie where Zombies complain about how overdone Zombies are.

Because she's not in InjusticeDeux
FUCK BOON AND HIS FUCKING GAME BULLSHIT

God Harbinger was great, why did she have to die in that stupid Supergirl book.

Cause we can only have so many blondes.

Why would you choose white male Doctor light over new Superhero Japanese Female Doctor light?
>I'm a fan of the original
Lying sack of shit
>cause he's iconic
What is he iconic for?
>cause the introduction of japense female Doctor Light coincide with introduction with other diverse characters
I don't really get the reason behind this one.

She was sort of cute in the DCAU.

you know that's not true.

The canonical reason for Dr Light II being a cunt? Her dad was a pussy beta scientist who did NOTHING when his wife/Kimiyo's mom got caught fucking another man and then LEFT the two to go live with her lover. Oh and the villainous Dr Light then murdered her father/stole his tech (this was a post-crisis retcon designed to link the two) and she has food allergies: drinking diet soda makes Kimiyo morph into a cunt.

Behind the scenes? It's a bit more complicated.

Dr Light II was originally intended to be both black and 100% pure evil (think Terra but she doesn't die in the end).

Marv Wolfman had regretted fucking up Dr Light I by turning him into a joke villain, so he wanted to create a new one. So he had the idea of creating an Earth 2 Dr Light who was an evil race baiting black super-villainess that used the events of Crisis On Infinite Earths to jump from Earth 2 to Earth 1.

To make the character even more hateable, Wolfman originally planned her introduction scene to have her frame a bunch of innocent scientists for a serious of crimes she herself committed, EXPLICITLY to ruin their lives and allow her to steal the research they had done with it stated that no one would believe them because she was black.

DC thought this was WAY too much and told Wolfman he couldn't do that PERIOD. So he created a defrosting ice queen type asian Dr Light who stopped being a bitch when she watched Supergirl sacrifice her life to save Superman.

>Dr Light II was originally intended to be both black and 100% pure evil
Pure and utter bullshit freshly pulled from the cow's ass.

She's cute in a lot of places.

And nobody cared about them back then.

i think it has, compared to 5 years ago when all I see were zombie t-shirts and merchendise as well as b-movies about zombies every week.

'member the real doctor light being an intimidating rapist rather than a joke?

This

>nobody cares about thise characters
>post a screen capture of someone caring about these characters

>drinking diet soda makes Kimiyo morph into a cunt.
That's actually power girl.

>edgefest rape is better than a joke villain for a group of kids

Kill yourself.

try me

He wasn't an intimidating figure whsen he was a rapidt, he was still a loser but was just written like some tryhard egdy 14 year old.

Who's the girl?

Sue, wife of the Enlongated Man. She was also fucking the Riddler during the N52.

But really who was even reading secret six?

Everyone was at first but it didn't have the spark the original did.

First time I actually liked Black Alice so there's that.

>Metal bod
>Cleavage Lass
>Earring boy
>Veggie man
>Circuit Board Man

Goddamnit guy

She's made of hard-light