Nope.

Was her mom emotionally abusive?

>emotionally abusive mom
What? Her mom was okay
It's the saoirse who was an insufferable faggotess

Who got bored halfway through?

>I'm a pretty and normal girl
>and I experience stuff

why they keep casting her in this type of movie?

The focus of the movie is the relationship between Christine and her mother. The opening scene, closing scene and all of the plot points revolve around their relationship and her mother's inability to be caring and show true affection. The mom clearly loves her, but she cruelly belittles Christine and doesn't treat her with the love kids need.

>Why do they keep casting a promising actress in her early 20s in coming-of-age movies
It's a mystery

>I'm a pretty and normal girl
but she's not? there's no makeup so you can see all her acne scars in HD. you havent seen this movie have u

worst nitpick ever.

You're a privileged nigger who've never seen moms who actually don't care about their kids

yea i know
i guess the movie just hit too close to home

>atheist woman made the best Christian movie of the decade
Makes you think.

I watched both this and 3 billboards today
This was literally female boyhood with feminist shit shoved in. I cant understand the appeal but maybe it literally is a movie men will never understand
Three Billboards was as weak as 7 psychopaths if not weaker, based Woody salvaged all he could but the lead whose name I cant remember was an insufferable cunt that made me hate the fucking movie. Also writing was atrocious and mood swings erratic at BEST

overpromoted, like 3 billboards
good, not great

it is a mystery because in the past actresses her age were actually doing good movies with interesting less egocentric plots.

agree with you about 3 billboards - very odd unrealistic movie that pandered to a certain crowd

Name some

anybody who didn't like Lady Bird is a butthurt atheist

Also the scene with the deer and the other with woody's wife at the shop were forced as FUCK

anything with Ingrid Bergman