>mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IGhZWH-umSk&t=80s
youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU
youtube.com/watch?v=zyiYl7h2Q70
youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That was the one thing I was expecting not to be disappointed by, and it failed too.

He doesn’t have it anymore. Order 66 was his last great Star Wars composition

>implying the main theme isn't memorable eternally

rey and kylos themes are decent
but I heard John was spending a lot of time at the hospital guys :(

I kinda like that one that plays during space bat tles, but thats it.

what is
>Rey's theme
>Resistance theme
>Kylo's leitmotif
>Jedi Steps leitmotif
>Finn/Rose theme

You can't polish a turd.
To make great film music, you need a great film to give you inspiration.

I'm sorry, I don't remember any of it.

I honestly didn't even think they had themes. Your post has sunk me into a deeper disappointment.

reys theme is capeshit banality

Paige is best Tico!

Paige is love!

Rey's theme and the Rebels Theme are the only ones I recognise if I listen to them. Although even if I try I can not hum them.

It really is bad

Does this movie even have new themes?

Reys theme is really good but it certainly doesnt top the music from the prequels

Kylo's theme is great

the theme when death star 3 is blowing up is music kino
youtube.com/watch?v=IGhZWH-umSk&t=80s

Think Williams gives a fuck about this glib facsimile?

Williams is a patrician and like all patricians, he realized the OT and PT were kino worthy of his best.

Rey's and the evil side's themes are good. Otherwise though, agree.

None are memorable

They have a really shitty and saccharine one for Rose that plays in basically every scene with her and then like a 4-note fanfare associated with the dreadnought at the beginning. But that’s it, as far as I can tell.

The only bit I remember is Snoke's throne room using Emperor's motifs.

I wish they'd stop trying to ripoff the classic themes. Do something like this in a movie. youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU
"but then it would be not muh star wars!"

I honestly can't remember any of it.
I remember the music from fucking rebels more
youtube.com/watch?v=zyiYl7h2Q70

youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o

>tfw Rogue One had the best track so far

Didn’t he have his own unique theme from TFA? What happened to that?

Two possible reasons. First, he's old as fuck. At 85, it would be no surprise if the well of inspiration ran dry. Second, knowing Hollywood, they probably didn't give him time and didn't provide the finished movie so he could score it. Instead they would just send him notes, script and ask him to just compose something vaguely Star Wars-ish. If you have seen ANH enough times, you can basically deduce what is happening just from the music which is only possible because Williams fit the music to the movie and it's not possible if you don't have the movie.

I notice this being a general issue with film nowadays. Popcorn flicks like the whole Marvel circus would've been full of memorable themes and melodies back in the day, but now even stuff like Blade Runner 2049 lack anything other than an abstract soundscape.