Sup Forums BTFO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>mark hamill publically dismisses your entire anti-disney wars narrative
>disney still breaking box office records
>rian johnson’s star wars trilogy deal still intact despite tlj’s reception
>han solo looks like it’ll be kino and ron howard’s return to form ala his cinderella man and frost/nixon kino days

Is Sup Forums right about ANYTHING? Holy fuck it feels good to be a DisneyBro right now.

NO
NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING
POL IS IN CHARGE HERE

Sup Forums btfo again

OH NO NO NO

>it's real

*wheeze* PRRRRRRRRRR AHAHAHAHAHAHA

well no shit, when they own like over 50% of the summer movies. all that cape shit , animation and nu-wars. its like they are a monopoly or something.

go back to /leftypol/ faggots

>Star Wars movie makes money
Sup Forums BTFO XD XD XD

B-BUT MUH SAMEFAGGED USER SCORES?

It's easy to be the champ when you're the only one competing.
They assimilated everyone else.

It was better than TFA 2bh

Based Disney always wins

And with Black Panther, Ant Man and Wasp, Infinity War, Solo, Mary Poppins, Nutcracker, A wrinkle in time, incredibles 2, and Wreck it Ralph 2, they'very got 2018 sewed up too

>meanwhile TLJ is gonna make less that $50 million in CHINA
for reference TFA made ~$125 million
The GA doesn't like TLJ, and its going to effect Solo and Ep IX.

But nice out of context headline, disney was already assured to win the crown this year and every year from now on, but that doesn't mean that TLJ isn't doing horrible at the box office.

>solo

They own 4 out of 5 top grossing movies of this year. How is this even /btfo/ news? You thought it was going to be Universal?
Pic isn't even related, TLJ is still fucking it up. Watson's home video is the top dollar.

I used to respect Variety, now everyone sucks Disney's cock

Oh wow, that's even worse than I thought.

Is anyone ever going to claim the top spot again?

>this... is not going to go the way you planned
>yfw rian wrote this specifically for Sup Forums

Sup Forums BTFO
Sup Forums BTFO
Sup Forums BTFO
NECKBEARDS BTFO
RACISTS BTFO
MALES BTFO
DRUMPF BTFO

>A week before TLJ released expectations were 1.6-1.8 billion WW
>Looking at estimates now, even 1.4 billion will be hard to reach

PFTHTAHTAHTAHTAHATHAAHHA

Yeah Beauty and the Beast did really well.

Based Disney is a cock worth sucking

jesus christ, they own all of cinema dont they?

>the last kino is number 2 despite only having 12 days of release in the year
How is Sup Forums always so wrong?

>Domestic

And they should since they're the only ones making good movies

>And they should since they're the only ones making good movies

If I had the official Star Wars name and Disney's joobux backing me then I could show myself eating peanut butter from the jar for 2 hours. Millions of people would still see it at least once.

Based

disney now has it hands deep in so many properties that will probably never become public now just like disney did with the mouse they will likely repeat for star wars and the marvel stuff so they never let go of them.

honestly Sup Forums puts itself in this position every time
>lets hurt the feelings of huge corporations or people who would never come here in a million years
>ouch now our feelings are hurt

yes they had the beast and the beauty, GotG 2, Thor 3, Yag Sbarro 5 and Coco

>180 MILLION behind after 12 days, its not been updated and it's in absolute free fall

OH NONONON HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you at least convinced yourself, OP

Stop getting so mad

>...inity War, Solo, Mary Po...

you thought i'd miss it did ya? thought you could sneak it in there?

You're literally already setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't think Solo is an $800M picture.

Its is already +$1 billion at this point, TLJ being behind TFA is only natural for a sequel

I’m not the one samefagging a thread ;^)

TFA benefited off being the first SW movie in 10 years. Even lame-o phantom menace did well on its first weekend.

The new movies are superior to all the other older movies because the special effects are better and more diverse characters.

>$800M picture

welcome to the screencap
please sign your post next time

mykel m*******

>same or worse than R1

You think somehow Solo ISN'T going to make a massive amount of money?

Oh wait this is Sup Forums home of the retards

shills out in force today, huh?

ITT retards who arent aware of the fact that Disney needs also pay for the franchise

>Solo is going to make a massive amount of money

>Its is already +$1 billion at this point
Source

Literally nobody wanted a Solo movie and that's before the TLJ disaster.

Han solo is the most popular character of star wars. Its going to be full of fan service which the normies love. No way its going to bomb

Hamill only said he feels bad about "voicing" his issues, not that he regrets saying he didn't have issues in the first place. Your retarded though so you won't get this distinction.

>full of fan service

lol

>Solo is going to make a massive amount of money

>Han solo
more like Ford

this

>le epic Nike advertisement meme

>being over a bn behind is natural

Again. Avengers 1 sold 1.5bn, Avengers 2 sold 1.4. Go get yourself fucked.

>Han Solo is the most popular character of star wars.
Except that is Vader, you retard.

>comparing a direct sequel with one that had 6 films of build up
I really hope Sup Forums is only pretending to be retarded. TLJ is directly in line with the ~70% ESB and AotC did vs. ANH and TPM.

only closet nazis like vader. Normal people like Han solo

Reporting the totals = sucking Disney's cock

Would you rather they make shit up so you can still respect them? Also, why respect them in the first place? It's not like entertainment industry news affects you unless you're in that business.

Most people like Vader. Vader is the most popular, iconic, and well known character in the franchise period. Get the fuck over it.

Han Solo is popular because of Harrison Ford though. This dude they hired is some unknown Jew who can't act and doesn't even look like Ford. No one is interested in that shit.

Except it's a miracle if it does 50% LTD.

>Han solo is the most popular character of star wars

What the fuck are you babbling about, Han isn't close to being as popular as Vader.

this thread is full of retard im out of here, no point in discussing any more

>mark hamill publically dismisses your entire anti-disney wars narrative

damage control

>disney still breaking box office records

Yeah everything is about money here! What matters is my beloved Disney makes a lot of money!
Truth is that what you call record is something far away from TFA. Too much far away, precisely. Another galaxy, really.

>rian johnson’s star wars trilogy deal still intact despite tlj’s reception

yeah it sounded like "nobody has seen TLJ yet, but listen... it's sooo good that I have a plan for a new trilogy. So come and see this movie!".
Fun fact is: JJ was called back for the third new movie: script and direction from zero.
Something isn't working well here...

>han solo looks like it’ll be kino and ron howard’s return to form ala his cinderella man and frost/nixon kino days

So kino that Disney expects Solo to bomb.

>i have no idea what i'm talking about

>shoots first
>normies like him

Nobody gives a shit about Han's character anymore, this isn't 1977. Vader and Luke have eclipsed him long ago. People love Harrison Ford, but this movie doesn't have him so it's pretty fucked.

>TDKR outgrossed TDK despite all the claims that TDK was only popular because of Ledger's death
>TLJ is at this point 200 million dollars behind TFA domestic
>Disney fired Whedon and shook up the whole MCU creative team because Avengers 2 made 100 million less than Avengers 1.
But no Disney are totally happy that TLJ is going to make several hundred million less than its predecessor and the audience reaction is so bad it's guaranteed to further lower the box office of future films

Reminded that Disney's conservative estiamte for TLJ was 1.9 billion before the release lmao.

ya cus beauty and the beast was AMAZING

YYAYYY GOOO DIDNY MOBEES
I LUB SPUPERHERO, STAR WORS N SEEGEE MATING ANMAL PICTURS
HOPE DEY MEK AL DA MONEYZ N WIN TOMAT WORZ

Star Wars isn't just a thing for socially alienated white men/boys anymore. It's grown beyond that little niche, and it also needs to lose the baggage associated with whiteness/maleness to reach a larger audience and have more influence.

Lots of the lessons and teachings embodied by Luke Skywalker are white, masculine and western in character. They've been done to death. The monomyth, Joseph Campbellian structure is dated and stale, and it can't keep running on those fumes forever.

I sympathize with lots of the grumbling white male neckbeards are doing. Star Wars was their thing and they don't want to share their beloved toys. And they're obviously gonna hate The Last Jedi because, in essence, it's about how Luke's legend really was flawed and limited in its scope.

The Jedi philosophy, just like the phallocentric white male western patriarchy, was bogged down in its own dogma. There's something beautiful and touching about the sentiment of "passing the torch" in TLJ. The white western male, long held as the only source of heroism and power in the canon, gracefully steps aside not only for his own good, but for the good of the universe.

In more diverse and progressive hands, there's no telling what this universe, and the force along with it, might become. It's an exciting prospect, to say the least, for those who aren't embittered neckbeards living in their parents' basements.

TLJ is going to be a watershed moment in sci-fi and genre films generally. It's all about letting go, letting your creation grow beyond you. And Star Wars, like civilization itself, has evolved beyond its parochial and patriarchal past

>all sequels or remakes
>no originals

Is that counting the 500+ million spent actually producing and marketing the movie or no?

>this stale copy-pasta again

It'll probably make $750-$800 mil, but of course Sup Forums will pretend it's a flop

Is TLJ still bombing hard compared to TFA? Last thing I knew it was like 65% of TFA's gross by the same point in their theater run lmao

>Even Sup Forums is full of nu-males,liberal shits that defend this crap
its over bros

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sup Forums is full of retards who don't understand box office numbers
TLJ is going to have a great week now that all the kids are out of school

70% after 10 days. Pretty damn hard.

So this is how cinema dies. With thunderous applause.

ESB vs ANH was 69%.
AOTC vs TPM was 64%.

Jesus christ, a Star Wars movie is going to make less net profit than IT lmao

Holy mother of BTFO, how do you fuck up so bad? Disney shills explain yourselves

TFA was 39% in the same period
TLJ was over 60%

This is a much bigger difference.

source = ASS

Oh its the source=ass guy now.

>15 years of anticipation vs less than 1
You even posted the nearly 60% drop off for RO.

Tough competition with Jumanji and Step up 3.

Even normalfags, casuals, and everyone hate TLJ for what they did to the OT cast.
There wasn't 15 years of anticipation for TFA though. Disney bought Lucas Arts/Star Wars in late 2012. TFA came out barely 3 years later, so 3 years top. Either way trying to turn Star Wars movies into yearly iterations like they do with MCU ones is a dumb idea.

>spend 400 million in marketing
>make a billion less than TFA
>brand value on the fucking ground literally everybody is making fun of your franchise now
That's sad

>There wasn't 15 years of anticipation for TFA though

they own capeshit and cuck wars, why is this a shocker