I am defenseless...

>I am defenseless.Take your weapon! Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!
How does this make any sense? Why would Sheev want this to begin with, was he suicidal?
>dude if you kill your enemies they win

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/85EEB_-fkQw
youtu.be/PqaiKmm8gsY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He was mocking him and showing how he had no way out

Because Vader was there to block it, idiot. The point was to make Luke give into his hate.

To incite anger in Luke was the whole point of the conversation and duel.

he wanted luke to attempt to kill him. sheev or vader wouldve stopped him but the idea is to get luke to use anger so hes easier to be turned

killing both him and vader seemed like a pretty good way out

That's not the Jedi way. If he struck them down in anger he'd fall to the dark side.

>turned
This turning shit is so fucking retarded. Did Sheevs honestly think Luke would join him? There was no way of that happening. Anakin's turn was also fucking forced.

If a jedy uses emotion he becomes sith

>That's not the Jedi way. If he struck them down in anger he'd fall to the dark side.

ok.

It's called goading.

He was bluffing. He had Vader to protect him, and even though Vader had his own ambitions, they had a shared goal - to turn Luke to the dark side. Slaying the Emperor in righteous anger wouldn't have been enough - Luke would remain a Jedi and not join Vader. They needed rage to consume him, to make him turn. That's why Vader had to keep the Emperor just for long enough to incite enough rage in Luke.

Even if Vader hadn't blocked it, he wasn't actually in danger. Remember what happened when four Jedi masters tried to apprehend him? Three of them died in seconds. He could've easily blocked the swing with the Force, Luke just wasn't strong enough at the time. He had the potential, and that potential was what Sidious was after.

There's no way he could possibly kill sheev in a fight.

Anakin turned because he made the choice of cutting off Windu's hand and letting him die. He was fucked anyway, so might as well go along with the dude you just help lived who's been promising you with knowledge, rather than just have both Windu and Palpatine be dead.

>Vader will lift up HIS TRUE ENEMY and throw him down the well

>He doesn't understand the best sequence in the series.

Obi-Wan didn't strike down Maul in anger. What's your point?

Everyone knows the prequels completely fucked the canon up by radically redrawing the lines for what made a Jedi/Sith. Has nothing to do with the OT.

Yoda did that to Ventriss in TCW. Held her lightsaber in place when she tried to strike him.

Not really. They're pretty much the same. It was always about peace and balance vs anger and hate.

If Luke tried to strike him down he'd fail and fail and fail. Sheev would just keep tormenting him until he finally gave in.

Obi wan was clearly pissed because of qui gon you retard. Like..the shit was obvious. You saying no he wasn't will just out you as a moron.

Reverse psychology.

Dude it's how their universe works. If you're force sensitive, your free will is compromised and you have to watch for all these tricks.

You're entirely justified in killing a crazy evil cunt who's hacking at you with a sword, Obi-wan was acting in self decence.
Luke putting Sheev on ice right there would have been an act of hatred rather than defence

as soon as he swings he'll be electrocuted
it's also testing vader, will he step in or let him swing

all sheev had to do was say "kill yer nephew lol" and that would have been that

Sheev didn't know Luke very well. Perhaps he expected him to take after his father.

Sheev also didn't really care if it worked. He had a strong hand either way (until Vader's unexpected self-sacrifice).

What happens immediately after this shot?

Obi-Wan falls (into a pit).

Why did Sheev even want Luke instead of Vader when Vader is the OG midichlorian

he didn't he was just fucking around to piss off vader.

Palpatine would have been cut in half if Vader wasn't there. This isn't fanfiction. Palpatine was an old man who couldn't even stop an innjured Vader from physically manhandling him.

There's a lot fewer midichlorians when you're missing both arms and legs.

That doesn’t make it any less forced and shitty. Windu wasn’t even doing anything but defending himself from the attack sheev started.

Luke has the same potential as Anakin, you brainlet.

Vader failed on Mustafar - he was crippled and would never achieve his full potential within that metal suit. Still more powerful than most Jedi, still useful as an enforcer and a symbol of fear, but would never be able to become the Sith that Sheev wanted him to be.

Luke was undamaged. He had all that potential without being held back by his physical limits.

He was a fucking robot basically. You saw how quickly Vader died the moment he got electrocuted, he was basically being held together by rubber bands and string at that point. he just so happened to be the 2nd biggest fish in the pond after revenge of the Sith.

Luke was supposed to come dangerously close but I read they changed the script because it was too dark. I don't have the sources to back that up though.

>2nd biggest fish in the pond

because of the rule of two, there are only ever two fish

because the "DARTH VADER IS THE CHOSEN ONE AND MOST POWERFULEST JEDI EVER" is a prequel retcon based on toy sales with no actual basis in the OT

He takes a few moments and meditates so that he can release his anger and sadness at Qui Gon's murder. Literally watch the fucking movie. Obi Wan is a pure jedi.

But Luke already had his hand cut off

Running at someone with a weapon drawn isn't self defense, are you american perhaps?

He could have eaaaaaaaaaaaaasily fled when the red energy doors opened

>dooku
>greivious
>maul
>sidious

Ooops, looks like that so-called "rule" is nothing but debunked fanwank!

I meant in regards to Vader having any opposition from the Jedi. Didn’t anyone that was strong enough to oppose him die during revenge of the Sith? Besides Yoda and obi wan?

Maul died when Dooku was still a jedi and Greivous wasn't a sith

WOW

Basically it works on shadowrun rules.
The more cybernetic upgrades you have the less of a person you are and the more of a machine. Machines can't use the force so every upgrade limits your abilities. With just a hand gone it doesn't limit much. With every part of your body regulated and kept together by machines your connection to the force and your potential as a Jedi/sith is severely hampered.

What are you talking about? He gave into his anger and nearly lost because of it. The only reason he even one is because plot armor and darth maul was a cocky retard

>doubting master yoda.

>"If you kill the Sith, they win"
Was Justin Trudeau a Jedi all along?

You're ignoring the fact that Sheev didn't see Vader's betrayal coming. Sheev was defeated by a quick sneak attack and Luke couldn't have done something like that.

No, this is wrong. Revenge of the Sith proved that Palpatine was infact very mobile and very good with a lightsaber. Please keep your head canon out of this discussion, we’re talking official lore only.

Not really that had 3 movies with foreshadowing and buildup. In the end he doesn’t even really choose to do it so much as get stuck there because he wants to save Padme and Sheev is the only guy who can and so he attacks dindu and has no way out after that.

Are you a fucking brainlet? Luke does give in to the dark side for a bit as well as attempting to kill Sheev before Vader blocks him at the start.

It’s right fucking there in the movies, you don’t need EU shit to justify anything important in the films. Not even midichlorians. No wonder the new movies are complete garbage, people like you are the target audience.

Wrong, the emperor didn't want any of his apprentices becoming more powerful than himself. He was happy to see either Luke get killed by his father thus ending his threat or for Vader to die and the young impressionable luke become his new apprentice.

Sheev believed strongly in the rule of two, there's no way Vader and luke could both live

Also wasn't grievous dooku's apprentice? Also dooku was actively plotting against sheev hence he tried to recruit obiwan

I'm not sure about whether he didn't want any apprentices becoming as powerful as him - it seemed he accepted the idea of Anakin becoming stronger than him in RotS, before Mustafar.

You're right about the Rule of Two though. Once Luke was turned, he didn't need Vader. Conversely, if Luke refused to be turned, he should be ended.

But Luke did try and strike him down

Grevious had no potential to use the Force. Doesn't really count.

Ventress could technically count, but Sidious was fine with her for a while. Still, once she grew too strong, Sidious ordered Dooku to kill her.

Behold, the clash between the EUfag and OT mater race The EUfag is a cunning fag, always trying to retroactively apply his EU bullshit to the movies because he thinks "canon" matters and exists

A sad state of affairs!

Sorry fag. The prequels are canon. Sheev could have taken Vader and like at the same time and won if he wanted

Your opinion is forced RLM garbage

>Sheev could have taken Vader and like at the same time and won if he wanted
Not in RotJ.

cant remember exactly because my nerd level is not high enough, but aren't midichlorians some kind of bacteria or some other microscopic life-forms that appear in higher concentrations in being that are more "force sensitive". Basically they are just a way to measure their levels of awesome or some shit.
And because force is basically something present in all life forms, when you cut a beings size by 40% by chopping their arms and legs off, that being has less presence in the force.

Palpatine was IIRC pissed at Vader for getting a force circumcision, resulting in impotency regarding certain force things like force lightning that would fry his suit instead of provide a tool in combat.
Luke meanwhile had higher potential because of actually being 95% living organism and could certainly bypass robotic remnants of Vader, though maybe not 100% human Anakin.

A machine cannot use force you plebbitor.

There is a reason Vader never used force lighting, he was shit that's why

RoTS Palpatine was maybe 50 to 60 year old, RotJ Palpatine is 80 to 90. In my head cannon he stopped doing morning Sith yoga right after annihilating 99% of the Jedi and realizing he probably doesn't need to fight them 1v1 due to having Vader at his side.
Then again we had 800-900 year old Yoga doing backflips on walls so whatever

Palpatine was occupied with shocking Luke. He did not anticipate Vader to grab him, and he kept shocking Vader when he lifted him over his head.
The Emperor was prescient to a point, he often mentions that he has foreseen how things will play out in ROTJ. However, he had some sort of blind spot when it came to Luke as can be seen in the scene he meets Vader in his throne room for the second time. No matter what supplemental material made from it later, it's definitely implied here that pure Evil cannot sense Good and that Vader only feels Luke's presence because of his internal struggle. So that blind spot turned out his undoing.
youtu.be/85EEB_-fkQw

I assumed he didn't mind dying if it meant he could create an even darker force user in doing so. He knew if he made Luke that vengeful he would have sent him down the dark path.

it was a trick, a Force user is never defenseless. Sheev could have fried luke on the spot if he wanted to.

>so that he can release his anger
you played yourself

Fucking kek

Sup Forums isn't helping so:
I clicked the ads at the bottom of a thread because they didnt appear right away and I went to click post a reply so it shifted the browser and then I clicked them. But when I did it reopened the thread, closed the browser and deleted all history related shit (if it matters) right away. I have adblock plus, am I fugged? no jokes please.

Papatine was 88 in RotJ. So he was 87 in TESB (1 year timeskip), and 84 in ANH. There's a 20 year gap between RotS to ANH so he was 64 in Episode III, 54 in Episode II, and 44 in Episode I.

Wow, a lot of people think he's baiting.
I really think he meant it. And I think he was right.
Luke was teetering at that moment. And according to both EU and the new sequels he ends up becoming a grey area force user anyways. If he had made such a decisive action out of hatred like that I think eventually he would be walking in the path of the dark side. Maybe not immediately, but it could have been that even that pushed him over the edge.

Whoops I mean 61 in Episode II and 51 in Episode I.

Yeah and he almost turned to the dark side until he saw Vader's robot hand and threw away his lightsaber.

Oh yeah, and the "I am defenceless" bit is actually Palpatine leading Luke on because he looks so old and frail. An inverse Yoda situation. The Force lightning at the end is supposed to be a surprise and pay-off to this scene (as well as Obi-Wan and Yoda warning Luke never to underestimate the Emperor's might).
>Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand.

youtu.be/PqaiKmm8gsY

>Not the Jedi way

Obi Wan and Yoda both wanted Luke to kill Vader without knowing he was because it would create a conflict within Luke which is what happens in Jedi. Sounds pretty fucked up if you ask me. I also guess all those non-droid sapient aliens Obi Wan and Anakin killed throughout the Clone Wars didn't count either. Mace Windu had no problem decapitating Jango Fett when could have made him weaponless and Yoda had no problem decapitating those two clone troopers that were about to kill him or the clones attacking the Jedi temple. Killing is a part of Jedi business. This whole "they're a group of peaceful monks" is bullshit. They had no problem becoming generals for the Republic when in realty there should have been people who trained in military tactics that should have been leading. The Jedi really should have just been used for missions that required their expertise instead of generic military operations.

>Luke: Is the dark side stronger?
>Yoda: No.
And yet the only time we're shown Jedi win over Sith is when they fight in rage, and they lose when they fight while being composed and calm.

Obi-Wan > Maul in TPM
Luke > Vader in RotJ
Anakin > Count Dooku in RotS

If Yoda got angry he could have beaten Sheev ggez.

Jedi have an afterlife, Sith normally don't.

>Paplatine with his eyes closed

I can feel him lifting his true enemy. I sense him turning and moving towards the balcony over the pit. He's now releasing the- YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

>that one kid on the right holding the lightsaber way above their head when defending

We all know which youngling died first.

Makes sense seeing how much he contradicts himself like they do.

>Killing your enemy is bad and I love the LGBT community

>Continues to sell arms to Saudi Arabia who is a known terrorist funding country and has horrible humans rights towards the entire LGBT community

That's a retcon. Why are you autistics such slaves to the farce that is "canon" in fiction? No corporate spin changes what the writers intended 30 years ago.

Why did Sheev call light sabers a Jedi weapon? He literally kept one up his ass in the prequels.

No, he literally disperses his emotions to the Force because he strikes back at Maul

The powerful womyn ashoka

Luke and Vader are probably about equal in inherit power level, so imagine how strong Vader was despite being an old man that needs a robot suit and breathing apparatus to live and then how powerful Luke could have been for the Emperor young and healthy after being trained with the dark side, PLUS they would still have Vader.

Exactly you fucking retard. What are you not getting?

Midichlorians arent the force

>Yoda in ESB: A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
>Yoda in RotJ: Luke you must kill your dad, lmao.
What did Yoda mean by this? He's a great lad, but this is why the Jedi Order fell in the prequels. The Jedi lost their way.

What he's implying in that scene is that he's so far beyond the capabilities of Jedi that he considers their glowsticks beneath him. Of course, that is no longer true when you take EU, prequels or Disney canon into account. The more you add to Star Wars, the more you reveal about what was essentially a fairy tale with a Sci-Fi overcoat, the more it falls apart.

So he could eliminate a potential threat, end the Jedi Order, weaken the rebellion, and get an extra Vader out of it.

Try putting a sharpie in your pooper

Concise and precise.

He said confront, not kill. And Luke doesn’t kill him, The Emperor does.

>that feel when you will never be a supreme schemer

The darkside controls your mind like an addiction, if force users give in to unbridled emotions they become different people

>When you feel disbelief in Sheev so hard you let out a queef