ITT: Non-Mary Sue strong female characters

ITT: Non-Mary Sue strong female characters

Even if you put aside the "maRAY sue" crap I still find her character to be extremely boring.
The other women on this list feel like real characters but she lacks any character traits, no quirks, and because they are 2/3rds of the way through her story and it's been 5 days she hasn't had the proper time to grow.

Well i mean she's a nigh-inconquerable badass but I suppose the point of the Bride isn't so much her character as it is the spectacle of her revenge story

>Is a well written character
>Doesn't end up with Murphy
>Doesn't even so much come across as a love interest
>She's just his cop friend who saves him
>Kicks ass without making a big deal about it
What would her character have been like if this movie came out in 2017?

memes aside, her fight with the hound was fucking kino

A "um no sweetie" butch dyke.

Only correct answers ITT

Came here to post this

But here's another one.

Her fight was the meme. I'd have been satisfied with the fight if they had explicitly shown or referenced that the Hound was weak from hunger or infection as was the case in the book. It's a bit too Mary Sue for me to believe that she could beat a reasonably fit Hound in a brawl. Even the show talked it up in later seasons by making it out like she beat the Hound because she was stronger.

clementine was pretty stupid and irresponsible

How strong?

Well, in the books she does beat up Loras, who was one of the best knights in Westeros. Fighting is the only thing Brienne is good at, and she is a borderline mutant.

>janice
>strong
she's a manipulative, sociopathic, emotional cunt. she is the opposite of strong.

Loras was a tourney jouster and an above average knight. He was pretty weak when I came down to brute strength.

Too soon ;_;

The two were the last ones standing in Renly's melee, though. Also, fighting really isn't about brute strength. It helps, but a more skilled opponent will beat you if they're not complete sticks. Even The Mountain was getting completely BTFO'd by the Red Viper before he got cocky and fucked up.

>manipulative, sociopathic, emotional cunt
Yes exactly, and all of this helps Janice get exactly what she wants.

She pushes Tony (a mob boss) around for years.

Carmella is a total lightweight compared to her. Adrianna put up with Chrissy's abuse for years then Richie hits Janice once and she kills him.

She's the best character on the sow.

Mary Sue but nobody believes her

Mary Sue but too polite I guess?

Mary Sue but a bitch

Mary Sue but her movies will ruin the franchise

Mary Sue but she gets cucked

Anderson in Dredd comes to mind, although she's a rookie she takes care of herself and is an emotional centre for a film about someone almost emotionless.

Mary Sue but ugly

Mary Sue but waifu

The only reason Brienne won her fight against Loras was through brute strength though

Yeah, it gave her the edge.

Ah, fuck me. There is no way Martin is nowhere near consistent with his powerlevels.

She's also an abomination compared to her book version. In the show she's a thug, a brute, who doesn't hesitate to threaten unarmed men and kills her liege lord while displaying a total lack of understanding of how politics and royal lineage work. "m-muh h-honor".

underrated

M

cute

Her appearances in Twin Peaks are also very fun.

Xena.
She's probably still my favourite female badass.

Xena needs xex

was he even above average though?, i mean sure he's better than a peasant but i always got the feeling that jousting was just about the only thing he could do and he mostly won that by dirty tricks.

i mean i could be wrong but i always got the feeling that he was a high level schemer who manipulated public favor at every step...could just be reading too much into it

2 for the price of 1!!!

She went through so much shit that even when she plucked out and squashed a girl's last eye people were rooting for her.

Daryl Hannah's character might be my favorite one but you still knew that bitch had it coming.

This is quite the opposite of what OP requested

good movie though

She is just Tony if he were a tumblrina instead of himself.

she just salty because she wasnt allowed in poseidon's harem of mermaids because shes a fat black octopus

Sassy black female with too many one-liners

fuck no

Korra is almost an anti-Sue with as much as she goes through in her own damn series

disregarding the hunger games being shite in general, what's wrong with katniss? I never finished the last movie.

Literally any female characters from a work released before the "SJW/feminist" witchunt and the culture war.
As soon as the culture began, any strong female protag is called a Mary Sue. You don't assign such labels to the older characters, because they weren't placed in such context.
Prove me wrong.

how is Katniss a mary sue? she fucks up nearly everything and her final mission results in the death of nearly all of her friends, sister (the reason she volunteered for the games in the first place) and she fails the mission anyway, she's a broken PTSD ridden mess by the end

Incidentally, the thing that makes these two female characters so strong-willed is their motherly instinct. They are pushed beyond the boundaries of what would previously have been considered normal for them in order to protect their children.

She would be Alex Murphy

She started as a textbook Mary Sue, but got some development, sadly the show is crap

She's a horrible person, but she isn't a mary sue

What are some non-anime, pseudo-strong womyn characters that are actually a fucking unstable mess on the inside? I'm thinking along the lines of:

>pic related
>Ryoko
>Asuka
>Arya

etc., as far as what else they all have in common there is very little.

Literally cries and has everything handed to her, bending powers, savior of the bending nation, and boyfriend included.

Dropped.

Sarah Connor makes my dick hard with how fucking awesome she is.

forgot pic

literally perfect

Loras was a decent fighter but she beat the fucking Hound. I don't think he had a chance.

Alpha-class waifu material.

>Gender swapped male characters
>Strong female characters
Pick one.

These.

I love this woman. In every single role she's ever had.

Pick one

Fuck off, Anita

>Gender swapped male characters
what the fuck are you talking about?

Pretty badass. Even as a kid, I had a thing for her.

I fucking love sweaty emily blunt and her role in teot

The perfect example of a bad ass lady that isn't a Mary sue.

Sorry, retardo. In what universe was the bride meant to be played by a male character?

I don't understand why the concept of "strong female characters" really needs to even exist. Just write female characters according to the same standards that the male character would be judged. A male character that never loses, never struggles, never has to improve himself, never gets beaten up, etc. would be a boring character. Of course, a character who never wins could be just as boring. There is a proper middle ground, and good protagonists fall somewhere within that arena.

That's my big problem with Rey as a protagonist. You never really see her suffer. There is a reason why the scene where Luke is hanging off the edge of the antennae after losing his hand to Darth Vader is so iconic. This is his low point for the entire OT. He's been physically beaten, and on top of that, his worldview has been shattered by the sudden revelation that Darth Vader is actually his father.

It's also the moment when Luke faces his greatest test, when Vader offers him a chance to turn to the dark side. At this moment, Luke has every reason to believe that the dark side is indeed stronger, and that switching sides would be in his best interest. But he doesn't, instead choosing to throw himself down into the bottomless chasm beneath him. This choice reveals the strength of his character.

Rey never has a moment like that, and she desperately needs one.

Gay universe lol

makes sense.

Too bad there is only one movie lefr.

Kathleen Turner played some parts that were a bit less generic than the standard portrayal of women in movies: Joan Wilder, V.I. Warshawski, War of the Roses come to mind.

It's part of what makes them good 'female' characters too. They're not just written as men with tits. They're not brash, ball busting feminists who hate men and do everything single handed.
They're distinctly feminine with motherly instincts and temperaments.

Hell in aliens they even put in a stereotypical butch fem dyke with Vasquez. She's more what gets thrown around today as a 'strong woman'. If that movie were made today she'd be the lead.

Mulan
Hit Girl
Maggie (million dollar baby - and not because of the boxing)
Lisbeth Salander
Jackie Brown
Tigress in KFP + sequels (2nd is a masterpeice the other two are mediocre as fuck)
Furiosa
Lilia and Eve (both of them - don't read spoilers just watch the movie)
Meryl Streep in the River Wild and Doubt (+ viola davis)
Trinity in the Matrix
Scream series - Sydney and Gale
Kahu in Whale Rider
Melissa Mccarthy in The Heat and Spy
Geena Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight

i loved farscape. zhaan scared the shit out of me