What went right?

What went right?
What was the secret element which made this one much more enjoyable than all the capeshit that came after?

Other urls found in this thread:

gothamalleys
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw
youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704
youtube.com/watch?v=6v58yzDYWjg
youtube.com/watch?v=K6GJtL9KGtA
nypress.com/knight-to-remember/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heath Ledger

Nobody else bother to post, this thread is over

Heath Ledger. The rest of the movie is shit.

A fantastic villain.

Memorable lines and scenes. I mean there were dozen of quotable lines that reverberate through pop culture. How many marvel quips and movies just come and go and pass off as cringey how is that a party.

Also Nolan is a better director than most capeshit directors regardless of what you think about him.

It was a movie made by a director, not a studio roundtable.

It was a movie first and a product second.

Eric Roberts

Comic Book references in 'The Dark Knight'

gothamalleys . blogspot . com/2011/08/comic-book-references-in-movies-part-vi.html

The Dark Knight — Creating the Ultimate Antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8

The Dark Knight: "Identity Secrets" - Analysis and Explanation
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY

The Dark Knight | Nolan's Republic
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ

A World without Rules - The Dark Knight Analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg

The Dark Knight - How does a Camera tell a story?
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw

The Dark Knight Trilogy
youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704

youtube.com/watch?v=6v58yzDYWjg

youtube.com/watch?v=K6GJtL9KGtA

This
Some of this

And really good marketing. Like outstandingly good marketing by today's standards.

An interesting villain.
The problem with current capeshit movies is that they focus on the good guys instead of the bad guys. With superheroes we get it, they’re the good guy. The good guy has some interesting traits but it’s pretty consistent that they are the do gooder in the movie. The interesting part of the story should be how the good guy has to change and challenge their beliefs to defeat a complex enemy.

But fucktard writers have chosen to focus solely on the good guys for the sake of selling merchandise to kids and manchildren. To fix the problem of it being a boring movie they add more good guys and bad guys, none of them being any more interesting.

a real villain with depth

Am I the only one who thinks Heath' Joker is massively overrated? I only really liked him when he was trying to be funny, I found most of his scary scenes pretty cringeworthy.

>Well written. Everything carefully planned
>Great cast and supporting cast
>A great hero going up against a great villain who tugs his strings
>No fucking quips or retarded Marvel humor
2008 must've been a great time for movies 2bh. I regret not seeing it.

It was the correct setting and atmosphere for a Batman movie, a gritty inner city detective flick. Yeah Heath bolstered it even more, but with the aforementioned quality together with perfect pacing and not shitty dialogue/surprising lack of exposition, it still would have been a great movie. Not to mention it didn't misuse CGI every other scene. They just made good decisions from the beginning. It should have been the only new batman movie.

A good villain always baits and challenges a hero. Most modern movies make the villain the butt of every joke while placing the hero on a untouchable pedestal. Nothing bad will every come to the hero. Minor setbacks here and there, but nothing substantial. This is what separates TDK from other capeshit.

I think he is very well 'realized' by Heath, but it's sort of negated by his 90 IQ grand plan

Joker.
And I bet that was a real nightmare fuel for all alphabet soup agencies, because they can deal with Bane's and all kind of Leagues, but psychotic genius who can do anything with a small group of literally crazy people...

>it's only good because of Heath Ledger, the rest is shit
This brainlet meme needs to end. It was perfect editing, screenplay and direction.

>Normie: "Heath is the only good part, everything else is stupid law shit!"

Joker always had some no-sense plans for one reason or another. But if anything, here he forced to give up not only whole city but Batman himself, and only Harvey Dent thrown a spanner in this, though even that was part of the plan in the end.

nypress.com/knight-to-remember/

>What is Avengers

First and last Avenger movies are much better than the dark shit

Because most of the capeshit that came after was MCU shit that can't by definition be above 6/10. The movie was fine but nothing to write home about

Avengers, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, Spiderman: Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, Watchmen, Deadpool, Chronicle, Kick-Ass

all better than this edgelord piece of overrated shit

The real reason why TDK is such a good movie is that Nolan went about it less of a comic book movie, and more of an actual crime drama. Batman is just working outside the law and along with the police in it. Everything else is grounded and almost believable when it comes to crime films.

For beginners it's DC, and DC actually cares about plausible characters, settings and stories and doesn't just use copypaste to simply shit out content on a monthly basis.

Hearth Ledger. Nolan's cheesy one-liners and slow pace made it an average flick.

1/10 bait apply yourself