Report: Legacy creative line-up will be very familiar to Marvel readers

comicsbeat.com/report-legacy-creative-line-up-will-be-very-familiar-to-marvel-readers/

>So The Beat has never been one to float Reddit rumours, but a post today runs down what seems to be known of the creative lineup for the Legacy relaunch in the fall and from what this says, it’s definitely a relaunch and not a wholesale “Reboot” in the “New 52” manner. Basically, according to this, Bendis, Soule, Spencer and Slott have all indicated they’ll be staying on their beats. Which could be…problematic for some fans who are demanding wholesale change.

>I haven’t had a chance to look at all these links or listen to the podcasts ,s so I’m throwing this up with a grain of salt and to start some discussion. Also, what people say on social media in the spring could very well be a diversion for what’s happening in the Fall.

>At the very least, keeping the controversial and unrepentant Nick Spencer on Captain America is going to require the greatest rebranding of all times.

The alleged lineup:

>Iron Man
>Miles Morales: Spider-Man
Brian Michael Bendis

>Daredevil
Charles Soule

>Captain America
Nick Spencer

>Amazing Spider-Man
Dan Slott

>Thor
Jason Aaron

>Deadpool
Gerry Duggan

Didn't we already know this?

Looks nice.

I guess sam is done as cap.

Cosmically, yes. It IS Marvel, after all.
But the actual Legacy lineups aren't known yet. Not until the October solicits drop next month.

Personally, I'm more concerned about Sam being done as Nova.

>Bendis and Slott they'll be staying on their beats.
Good to know that Margel just will continue to be the same crap. Thank God. Now all my money will go to DC.

>Not until the October solicits drop next month.
No, wait, my bad, I completely forgot "Generations" and "Legacy" are two separate things.

Good, good... Guess I can drop Marlel completely now. It'll save me lots of cash for sure, so I ain't even angry.

1) In other words Marvel learned fucking nothing. Still sticking with controversy sells books.

They'll probably just get a couple more A-list artists from DC or South America.

2) What about Avengers? If Waid is off the book maybe they'll open it up to new talent?

>Slott on Spidey still
What the fuck? What's it going to to take to get some fucking new blood?

These are just the current known or alleged writers. They'll probably be announcing more over the next month in the lead-up to the official Legacy solicits.

Slott's blood being shed.

Axel Alonso and Tom Brevoort loses their jobs. He was been promised by the former that he can stay on the book as long as he wants during Superior Spider-Man.

Oh FFS, even Archie changed the creative teams sometimes!

i wonder if Marvel will end up hiring all the archie sonic writers

Would that be good or bad?

At this point marvel is probably too far along to change directions, they're just going to have to ride it out and wait on shaking anything up for a while.

D.O.A.

better than the current Marvel writers

How I've felt lately. I went into the LCS and the guy told me Moon Knight and Nova were done. "Looks like you don't read Marvel comics anymore" lol.

>no nova

just

It'd be interesting to see what the single issue sales would be the first non-Bendis Miles or IM or non-Slott Spidey would be. I honestly think they'd double for the first issue. I don't know about the staying power though.

You know what the saddest thing about this is?

Fanboys will fall for it hook line and sinker and make it a success. Because nostalgia pandering always works

>Because nostalgia pandering always works

See a lot of people think this was why rebirth succeeded so far. You will find out very quickly when this shit lands with a splat how incorrect that was. Number ones will do numbers because marvel will over-ship and demand shops stock them.

By #5 half of this shit, at least, will be at cancellation levels.

>We're going to change, guys!
>Same comic roster.
>Same creative teams.
>Same editors.

They aren't even putting lipstick on it, they're just giving you a pig and saying it's a golden retriever.

more like they are golden showering you, while telling you that it's beer

Guess Sam finally ran out of free chances.

It will be just like it is now, #1s selling and #2s disappearing into thin air. Right now there X-Men books that by the third issue will be out of the top 20, I don't see any of the Legacy stuff will be different

He's just another dumbass who thinks "shitty rebirth is only doing well because of muh nostalgia"

>At the very least, keeping the controversial and unrepentant Nick Spencer on Captain America is going to require the greatest rebranding of all times.
SteveCap is one of Marvel's better-selling titles, so there's no need. It's just progressives who hate it.

>>Daredevil
>Charles Soule
this is literally the only one I'm interested in.

And just because I want to give to Soule another chance.

Welp, same old, same old.

I want to see Bunn do Iron Doom instead, New Warriors by either Ewing or Loveness, Duggan for Thunderbolts and have Taylor tackle "x vs/kills Marvel Universe".

>It will be very familiar

WOAH ITS THE SAME AS BEFORE

>Slott will never leave ASM
>it will be 2089 and Slott will still be on fucking ASM

Slott is one cheeseburger away from permanent retirement.

it's firmly middle of the pack

>better-selling
I like how even your bait can't suggest something as absurd as calling it a "best-selling" title.

We aren't that lucky (plus Slott probably has good healthcare). If being unhealthy could kill Slott it would have done so a long time ago.

Slott is going to live and stay on Amazing Spider-Man for YEARS. YEARS. YEARS.

>Robbie no longer Ghost Rider
>Sam no longer Nova
>Otto no longer Spider-man
Why is it only the good legacies that revert?

>New Warriors
Synergy ahoy!
It'll be by Ryan North and you'll like it.

Its only one image

>Personally, I'm more concerned about Sam being done as Nova.
Aw fuck. If they don't give us the Nova Family from Secret Wars, I'm afraid. Dick/Sam was a good team, but who knows if Dick's going to stay alive

I can't imagine they'd take Ewing off Royals especially since the Inhumans need someone like him

>keeping the controversial and unrepentant Nick Spencer on Captain America is going to require the greatest rebranding of all times.
Alternatively, just call it Z SIXIS 2: Cosmic Boogaloo, cause we got Iron Doom, Hydracap, Pymtron, unworthy Thor again, evil Ben and a serious She-Hulk.
But a little too late for that, eh?

So deadpool is included in legacy push? I mean, I'm not sure who they could team up DP with..his daughter is way too young still, his other daughter isn't even a teenager till 2099 so that leaves..Evan?

Are we getting a DP/Evan book? because that would be awesome but other than that..I be confused.

Its old characters with new. Not really two versions of each.

Where did they Sam was going to no longer be Nova? I'm sure they have a few other teams nobody's interested in planned for him

From the poster it seems like they're trying to match similar characters though..

Legacy is the relaunch, Generations is the team-up with legacies

it's confusing

I wonder if that's their way of keeping Gwenpool around. I don't know if Duggan would be as good with her as Hastings,
but he's done wonders with Deadpool so I wouldn't be worried

This, they'll team him up with Kamala and Miles and try again to get the little shit up and running.

Duggan has all but avoided joke characters, he's literally anti-waypool, so I don't see that happening.

Gwenpool is in cancellation territory so she'll probably get dropped into a team book.

Not in the image above.

Oh, fuck monkey's paw!
Also, whatever happened to Darkhawk, Speedball and Namorita?

WHOA HEY BATOWL'S HERE TO SHIT UP ANOTHER THREAD

And what basis do you have for this other then your own internal bias?

Yeah new avengers.

Dude really is mad. Nice

I know, right? SO sad.

fuck bendis and slott and i could give a shit what aaron does at marvel, i just care about southern bastards atm
i like soule and spencer

There's not a single face on this lineup I'm excited for.

>Mar-vell
>Carol in her Ms. Marvel costume
>Phoenix
>Falcon twice in two different costumes
guarantee like half this list is just for Generations

The basis based on their sales since the ANAD relaunch.

Wait, why are there 2 Black Panthers there?

maybe Kasper Cole is coming back

Marvel is going to have their cake and eat it too.

instead of putting out books like Foolkiller and Solo they're going to release a 2nd Thor and Wolverine book, keep Both Captain America and Spider-Man books, ect.

so the Legacy Characters will keep their own books and the originals will get new ones with the old numbering in place.

ROBBIE. IS. NOT. A. LEGACY!

ANAD wasn't branded or marketed with nostalgia-fags in mind

Then who the fuck in Marvel do you like? The only people not there are some X-Men and the FF

X-men reboot announcement wasn't even received well by fans, while Rebirth got a lot of hype after the creatives were announced at the comic con announcement.

So this is like post-CoIE? Earth-1 and Earth-2 versions in the same Earth?

>guarantee like half this list is just for Generations
Correct. They confirmed they only show up for the specials then proceed to fuck off.

>no monica
>no brb
>no war machine
>not a single nova or ant-man
Legacy my ass.

Also back when CBR had polls the Rebirth poll had a split between people being cautious and people being excited with the people not interested a distant third.

The Marvel Now 2.0 poll had an overwhelming sense of disinterest after the teaser was shown.

This is also notable because CBR usually is more biased toward Marvel.

When does Aaron get off Thor? He has written around 50ish issues already and none of his stories have been impressive.
Who do you think should take over?

Ewing

just clone Ewing and put him on everything

Sup Forums really likes Ewing. But Ewing sells like shit on any book he's in. Putting Ewing in more books is going to do nothing but crash Marvel's sales.

>instead of putting out books like Foolkiller and
Solo

Y'know I don't have a problem with Marvel giving solos to more obscure characters. One of my favorite Marvel characters is Mania and she is definitely not A-list, B-list, or hell even C-list. However when deciding to give a solo to a character, Marvel should try to see if those characters have, you know, fans. Because characters like Solo don't have fans. I had never even heard of Solo.

Ewing sells like shit because Marvel only gives him C-List-or-below characters

that may of course be exactly what he wants so he can fuck around without editorial oversight, but "Ewing is sales poison" is a meme that wold more accurately be described as "Ewing never writes popular characters"

Ewing is sales poison.
On the other hand, his Loki is GOAT though I think he's much better doing teams, C-listers or teams of C-listers.

They showed up in Deadpool Mercs for money after a long absence I presume. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ike getting butthurt at Fox making money with Deadpool. So in typical Ike fashion, get these obscure characters, put them alongside Deadpool and them give each of them a solo series so we could have 5 Deadpools!

He was a character that was mainly used in the 90's (particularly in Spider-Man comics) and used very rarely in the 00's and then suddenly used in Deadpool as one of his Mercs For Money.

I think the fact that you (and others) don't know who Solo is means not as many people were reading the main Deadpool comic as much as Marvel thinks. Had Solo been used in Deadpool AND Spider-Man for at least a year in recent memory then I could understand them doing a series. But not when they throw him into Deadpool for a few months and into that Mercs For Money series and then do an ongoing in the same year.

Ewing sucks at writing Thor, he writes him like he's the moron he is in the MCU.

When has he written non-inverted Thor?

Do people these days know who Sleepwalker or Darkhawk is?

This will sell gangbusters. Marvelfags are dumb as shit

This

The Tenth Realm mini-series.

And Loki: AoA #1 where he retcons Thor into bullying Loki as a kid when in almost all prior times there childhoods have been shown Thor was a great brother and Loki was a shit who tried to get Thor in trouble, humiliated or even killed regularly.

I don't know, maybe Darkhawk because he got a figure recently.

This isn't the one shots for Generations. The news is that the current creators are sticking around for the ongoings during the next relaunch. Just like Marvel Now rounds 2 and 3

Nova? Ant-Man? The new X-Men? The Runaways? Avengers Academy? Thunderbolts?

The fact that you say everyone is there when it's just the over-saturated bunch shows how used to the bland current Marvel we are.

Good.

Fuck cancerkid.

He's a dude named Ghost Rider that isn't the original Ghost Rider. That makes him a legacy.

>If they don't give us the Nova Family from Secret Wars
Already confirmed that they'll be in Duggan's GotG as part of the new Nova Corps.

I told you this shit would happen when it was announced. Marvel won't make the fundamental changes creatively (both in terms of actual content and in terms of talent) that DC made that made Rebirth work. You're going to get the same writers and the same artists telling the exact same stories with the furniture rearranged and the house repainted. They're also not going to do the price drop to $2.99 for most of their books either which was almost certainly a big factor in Rebirth's success.

Typical of modern Marvel. They just look at the answer without the reasoning. Putting Cap back in his old costume isn't going to fix the underlying structural problems.

>Because characters like Solo don't have fans
Fuck you, I had been asking for a Solo mini for 20 years. I just, y'know, didn't expect them to actually give him one.

Flynn's a decent writer so Marvel would probably stick him on the twentieth failed attempt at a Rocket Raccoon ongoing or something.

This. I refuse to buy any Marvel book until he's dead, preferably in a way that makes it impossible for him to be brought back. Ideally involving him getting cancer or being stuck/fused with the cancerverse.