TFW Clarence has been the best cartoon on cartoon network for years now but it's rarely ever talked about

>TFW Clarence has been the best cartoon on cartoon network for years now but it's rarely ever talked about

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k0G3CgxQR9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sup Forums doesn't like to talk about good things.

Best character coming through

I need more Breehn episodes.

Clarence is a flawless comfy show. Even my parents who usually refuse to watch animation saw some once on holiday and started to watch it whenever they could

I only watched the boat episode. It was quite good.

>flat colors with no shading
nah

Never heard of it.

True story. Last time I saw a Clarence thread get more than a hundred posts was when it was revealed CN has finally finished quietly killing the series

i agree. gets tons of hate here

I agree.

But that's not Clarence dressed as a girl.

You say that as if this isn't standard. at least Clarence has good writing and original character designs.

I personally don't watch it because I don't want to relive my autistic childhood. I mean, the show has its moments, but I'm not like remembering that phase of my life.

Nostalgia is for fags.

I've only seen like 2 episodes and they were good.
Any show that references Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a good show in my book.

>Steven shit gets more threads
>Zombie adventure time gets more threads

I've seen the webm for this and thought it was hilarious.
The show itself strikes me as terrible though. What little I've seen just seems like it's about an autistic kid and I can't be doin' with that

Clarence is clearly autistic but he is realistic autistic and his friends have OCD and ADHD respectively. What people like about it is that the show is very realistic about it though and about life in general.

To be fair Sup Forums dosen't talk about good things or shows they like because it rarely get replys, instead they like to talk about things that make them mad

Oh right, didn't know that

>mfw the original creator lost his own CN show simply because he thought with his dick

>his friends have OCD and ADHD respectively
You could probably classify most of the kids in his class as having some disorder or another. But at the end of the day, they are just kids being kids.

>Mediocre writting
>mediocre characters
>mediocre cartoon style
>no plot
>protagonist with 0% character development
nah

people can't handle a non-traditional physical appearance protagonist.

I swear if Clarence was a girl, all the complaints about his mannerisms would turn into cute fodder.

>his dick's control was so strong he went literally insane and had to be locked in a mental hospital

user Skylar has schizophrenia, he almost has a meltdowb

If only they went through and made the episode where Clarence fucking dies and plays around as a ghost.

You literally just described Steven's universe.
Clarence has actual progression, character development and great writing.

well it was a little more than that, although apparently the girl he felt up (or whatever) forgave him. He's got psychiatric problems.

So is Uncle Grandpa.

Clarence brought about social change TWICE (abolished the juice system and the class presidency) in his show while Steven hasn't figured out what game he's playing.

Did they write Sumo out as a main character this season because Tom Kenny's too expensive?

That episode was great. To me it kinda felt like this is what's bound to happen to a kid like Clarence in the real world. I generally get this feeling of imminent doom on many of the main characters. Clarence and Sumo in particular, but even Jeff is sorta bound for hell once they leave elementary school.

>mfw the episode where he introduced his own currency as a new school fad, it got so big it replaced irl cash and he had to flood the market to make it worthless

people are complaining that Clarence never got punished in this episode. Never mind that he was being punished (detention) but it doesn't really sink in to him.

Basically people want Clarence to get whipped at the post but all the physical punishment in the world would never have dealt the core problem he had in that episode.

Ms. Baker identified the problem and applied the best solution and it worked.

Not saying everything could be talked about and resolved but punishment without understanding the problem doesn't work (exhibit A. Belson).

Reminds me a lot of EE&E in the sense that it captures the essence of being a child and having adventures

>they are just kids being kids
No, fuck you. There is something seriously wrong with those kids. Seeing so much people in this place claim "it's just liek my childhood!" explains a whole damn lot.

Wrong, everyone thinks Bee & Puppycat is shit.

>that episode where he saved the school from literally exploding

>That episode about censorship and freedom of creators

more of he introduced something, messed up and fixed it rather that abolishing something already established.

Though I do want to see Clarence and Steven collaborate in a band or better yet Clarence doing Benson's drum solo.

But EEnE actually had cartoony suburban adventures. Clarence is just "nostalgia".

What? There are multiple episodes where they go on adventures in Clarence.

>Bee & Puppycat
I have no idea what that is. more of if Mabel Pines does the same thing as Clarence people find it cute. If Clarence does something Mabel would do, people find him 'autistic'.

There is literally nothing wrong with liking the fact that a show properly addresses non discussed parts of childhood in a relatable way.

>that episode where Clarence takes down a corrupt and evil mega corporation

This shit. How fucking new are you? Is this your first fucking week?

>Mediocre writting
No
>mediocre characters
No
>mediocre cartoon style
Maybe
>no plot
Good
>protagonist with 0% character development
It's a comedy/sol show

>more of if Mabel Pines does the same thing as Clarence people find it cute
Bullshit, everyone hates her. Even my young girl cousins (who were the target audience for her) don't like Mabel.

>"HURR IS CLARENCE AUTISTIC??"

Pisses me off every time.

I am in no obligation to know or watch everything. If it looks interesting, I take a look.
Anyone else feel weird that Belson loves dolphins but his dad has a dolphin RUG in his office?

They're not wrong.

He just wanted to be in the hug force user.

>The Hug Force
It's where a hugster gets their powers from. But if a hugster gives too good of a hug they might be trapped in the Hugforce forever

>No, fuck you. There is something seriously wrong with those kids. Seeing so much people in this place claim "it's just liek my childhood!" explains a whole damn lot.

Sounds like someone grew up as an introverted autist.

Well, I guess we should talk about the episode where they were going to kill him.

I still can't believe CN gave the green light and yet they got cold feet and backed out.

[citation needed]

Clarence is pretty mediocre.

It's a SOL cartoon. It would have done better in the 90s when you had cartoons like Doug and shows like The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

>I'm autistic for not being autistic

Steven wouldn't mesh well with Clarence. Clarence acts more his age, while Steven is one of those fake kids who talk and act like teens/adults, like Mabel and Dipper.

Steven is 14. He IS a teen, he just acts like a baby and the shitty artists of the show draw him like that.

Is the voice actor for Clarence enough of a citation?

youtube.com/watch?v=k0G3CgxQR9M

He also talks about the rejected UG crossover.

There are extroverted autistics and introverted autistics

It bothers me how only some of them have ears so I do not watch it

What does he fap to?

It's a shit, that's why.

Not everyone has ears user, gosh you are so insensitive

It's a good cartoon for sure, but I just think it lacks adult and therefore it's not compelling

There are plenty adult in the show.

>no shading

But there's shadows beneath the rim of the lockers, you lying liar.

But all adult episodes were great. The one with the rock concert was amazing!

>lacks adult and therefore it's not compelling

Sorry I swallowed a word. I meant to say it lacks adult appeal. There's no depth, it's not very funny, and really it has nothing to keep me interested.

>expecting adult appeal in a children's cartoon

Exactly, it's a cartoon for children. Why should it be discussed here at length?

>SUfag talking about adult appeal
Drawing in desperate waifufags isn't really adult appeal though

I refuse to believe that Tom Kenny's too expensive, what with all the bit parts he does.

>Drawing in desperate waifufags
>Show purposely avoided giving characters conventionally attractive bodies/traits

In any case, the show handles a lot of adult themes

more of the fact that only kid Steven actually hangs out with regularly is MUCH younger than him so the age difference might not bother him so much.

He'd be more than happy to have actual kids for friends/hang out with.

Reminder that we will never see Sumos Sister ever again.

Have you seen Garnet's legs

>We Bare Bears got another season over this
>Only Three Seasons
>CN won't release last season afraid of ratings dropping any more.
>Mostly likely be a summer Clarence bomb or just dump them onto Boomerang.
It's just suffering being a fan.

if only the finale would show what happens to them in the future.

Sumo's sister grows up to be even hotter than their mom today.

>Avoided giving characters conventionally attractive bodies/traits
>Traits

>Garnet doing sensual phrasing all the time
>Kissing in the open
>Pearl doing an O face when Garnet slams her
>Amethyst twerking
>Garnet spreading her legs out wide out so people can fuse into her nonexistent vagina.
>All the blushing
>Stevonnie is treated like this sex goddess in her+his first episode.

> I meant to say it lacks adult appeal.
I don't know, mate, that's what I like about it. And I think a lot of adults would too. Non-autistic people don't have time to follow a series with a 'deep' convoluted story, they want to watch somethin light and enjoyable after an exhausting day of work.

Plus usally 'adult appeal' appeals mainly to angsty teenagers who want to look older than they are, yet still too young to dive into more mature and intellectually challenging medium.

>it's not very funny
That's just your opinion. Do you find SU funny?

I know at least the first episode of season three is out but has season two even wrapped up yet?

It feels like it should have a parody of an after-school special about autism, OCD and ADHD since the main 3 aren't normal in anyway. Almost like the Peanuts parody episode.

What is there to talk about?

>I refuse to believe that Tom Kenny's too expensive, what with all the bit parts he does.

They gotta pay him that SpongeBob standard, though.

He's no Simpsons cast-tier when it comes to cost, but he can't be cheap.

because theres nothing to talk about.
>Good episodes
that was good
>bad episodes
that sucked.

thats it.theres nothing really worth of discussions. that doesnt mean the show is bad and has no depth, but its minor continuity doesnt make it last for threads.

But i did like that they made Sumo change school and kept it.Change to the status quo that remains is something rare in SOL shows

Don't see how those are "conventionally attractive"
Stevonnie is depicted as being very hot, I'll give you that

>Non-autistic people don't have time to follow a series with a 'deep' convoluted story
That's just not true. Why do you think Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad are so popular?
>'adult appeal' appeals mainly to angsty teenagers who want to look older than they are
You're describing tween shows like W.I.T.C.H. and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, not what we're discussing.
>That's just your opinion. Do you find SU funny?
SU is very rarely funny. And its focus isn't on humor, much like Clarence. Understand that they don't attract viewers with the comedy, as opposed to something like Archer.

Does Laud House have continuity or is it pure waifu posting in their threads?

fpbp

Not much anymore.

I guess there is some cool stuff that the head writer talked about on Pan's podcast Tuesday, but not many people seem interested in the canceled and rejected episode ideas.

Not pure waifu, but there's so much it might as well be.

gumball is better

I dont blame him for not knowing a shit internet AT rip off cartoon that barely made any eps

>That's just not true. Why do you think Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad are so popular?
I'll give you that, but those are not exactly cartoons. The range, depth and complexity of themes cartoons with adult apeal like SU, AT or TT have are no where near to what those shows provide.

>You're describing tween shows like W.I.T.C.H. and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, not what we're discussing.
No, what I'm describing is mostly SU and TT. If you were to look at youtube comment sections or twitter, you would find an absurd amoun of young cartoon connoisseurs among their fans.

>SU is very rarely funny
Well, this we can agree on, I was just curious.

>And its focus isn't on humor, much like Clarence.
This I don't really agree with. Clarence is a comedy show, it's more subtle than most, but it's in every scene, in every character interaction and in any conflict that arises.

Nah fuck you and fuck Clarence. He is always an annoying shit and he always get away with it. He was wrong in that episode from the star. The fat faggot deserves a good beating

isn't that most star episodes? she does what she wants and gets away with it? with a "let her do her thing" for good measure?

Loud House has
>not an ugly nor heavily CalArts debased style
>funny characters with distinct personalities
>great animation and art style
>great voice acting
>an interesting premise
which this show has none of.

inb4 MUH WAIFUS MUH PEDOS
Literally the only time people talked about this show in length was when that girl on the bike appeared.