Uuum... no sweetie. Get off my bridge. Also, did I mention I'm bisexual?

Uuum... no sweetie. Get off my bridge. Also, did I mention I'm bisexual?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Hatchet
youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Serious question - besides the purple hair and lack of penis, did she say/do anything vaguely SJW related or is the meme too delicious to pay attention to what actually happened?

Was she fucking Carrie Fisher?

kek

>Flyboy!!!

Well, her way of talking with Poe reminded me of /ss/ doujins

The Pre-TLJ novel is Holdo being a queer. Part of Disney's marketing packet has Holdo as "the first LGTBQ Star Wars character on screen"

>tfw finding out Laura Dern only dates blacks

She was clearly being bossy/bitchy to Poe and didn't respect him since he was a dirty MALE.

then when she had a briliant plan and sacrificed herself it was meant for poe to think twice before he called someone bossy

>bossy/bitchy
Problematic.

This is her with her kids. Unless their father was biracial, I doubt the guy that knocked her up was black.

FIFTY

THREE

PERCENT

Reminds me of my time in the military. Yes, there were shitty male nco's and officers also, but the females were uniquely terrible in their own self-important cunty way.

goddamn that's one ugly family

>Purple hair
>Nighttime outfit
>Disrespectful
Call it a cliche, but it would've been so much more interesting if Rian actually built on Poe's mutiny and his instincts were right all along -- she's a traitorous coward. Later, she feels bad about the whole thing and decides to suicide via hyperspeed into Snoke's ship.

#metoo

Good interpretation

wtf #ImWithHer now

>disgusting feet

Either they Go Back to The Fucking Kitchens or the world burns.
Why do they try & destroy everything around them when they have freedom?
Who would have thought merely giving them influence would destroy the Western World..

>No Jung
pleb.

I don't understand why this character triggered Sup Forums so much?
I guess they thought her flirting was malicious intent against people with a Y chromosome.
She was a cutie and sacrificed her life like an alpha.
Fucking virgins.

That's her kids from marriage with Ben Harper, right? Yes, he is biracial

The boy seems like a little nigglet to me.

RIP Patricky.

blonde women and black men

Her intro speech on how diverse the resistance is was pretty sjw

>She was a cutie and sacrificed her life like an alpha.

lol so everything no soldier wants in an military leader

She was acting like a cunty middle aged office lady, passive aggressive and withholding essential information from people for reasons unknown.

There was supposed to be a character arc for Poe here, apparently Leia and Holdo were grooming him to be the next leader of the rebellion, and they were trying to teach him how to be less impulsive and more cool headed. But the whole thing was really just awfully written, in a stupid and ham-fisted way, much like the entire movie.

Holdo was merely a plot device, it's not the character's fault it turned out to be an idiot plot. Or maybe the rebellion subplot was about how women should never ever be put in charge, in which case it makes sense, but them I seriously doubt they were intentionally going for that.

Why is i that when Poe first saw her he said that wasn't how he expected her to look. His rank in the resistance is captain. Being an officer, you would think he would at least already be familiar with the other officers in their small resistance.

no not really, she talked down to poe a bit because he didn't respect rank/orders lost all their bombers and generally being too much of a HOTHEAD.

but pussies like to cry about everything.

this a vice admiral who doesn't wear a military uniform. This is a military leader with a silver halo floating above her pink hair. This is a high ranking officer who doesn't communicate her plans with her troops. This is a character who studied astrology. That's right astrology.
I don't know what else you need to fucking realize how incredibly ridiculously written this character is.

I don't think the main problem was that one time she put Poe in his place, though she really acted like a cunt there. It's everything she did after that, like jesus fuck what was the point of not telling people her escape plan?

fuck this movie for turning laura dern into a meme
fuck laura dern for burning down her entire career for shekels
she is my favourite actress and my dad's waifu and now all she will be remembered for is some purple haired feminist in a children's toy commercial

I mean, it's a dying rebellion, dress code may be not so upstanding. everything else stands though.

>movie seems to subvert its own agenda by showing a stronk womyn leader fuck up and a man knowing what to do for once
>movie then subverts that subversion to double down on its agenda, making it even more hamfisted, because of course stronk womyn leader was only PRETENDING to be incompetent and had to leave the stupid boys in the dark

This war wont be won by heroic sacrifices
*heroically sacrifice herself and saves the day*

hello possums

>Expecting women to know ANYTHING about War

Seriously though what did Disney mean by this

Pretty much the female mindset in a nutshell

>OH WE'RE ON THE TITANIC AND IT'S SINKING, BEST LOOK MY BEST THOUGH BEFORE I DIE LOL

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Hatchet

>this character believes that the stars can have an effect on individual people's fates, in an universe where everything is interconnected through the force
>this board believes that the existence of a fictional star wars character is a feminst/sjw agenda, which is a part of a broader jewish conspiracy to lay ruin to western society
which one is more delusional?

>the existence of a character cannot be part of an agenda

>bisexual
Actually canonically a lesbian.

She reminds me of Dame Edna...

Dress code is extremely important in any military endeavor, but females don't know nor care about that. Dress code brings unity among your troops, it brings distinction between you and your enemy, it brings authority to lower ranks. It is utilitarian too, it informs about ranks and merits, it adapts as the soldier function evolves, it's also a representation of military tradition.

Dress code is a fundamental part of any military since the bronze age at the very fucking least. A female military leader on deck with a designer's robe is simply completely stupid.

*blocks ur path*

this is a senator you mongoloid

was she a part of the military? did she have a rank?
"no!"

Mon Mothma wasn't the military leader of the Alliance, she was its political founder. Ackbar was the Admiral in general of its fleets.

Is she the new Jar Jar Binks?
>singlehandedly destroys a movie
>annoying as fuck
>looks stupid
>super long neck
>walking stereotype

Spot the difference

>admirals don't have to wear uniforms like every other officer

when did this crock of shit begin?

>One cuckalonian militia group
>Means women have always been built for and good at war
Stop trying to rewrite History.

>Comparing competent political leader to literally what? the character.
If she wasn't played by adorable Laura Dern, I would've despised that character the most.

same way they had Tessa Thompson say Valkyrie was bi, in a tweet
McProgressivism

Yes, the boy is in that racial twilight where he's only black if a cop shoots him and only white if he shoots up a church.

Mothra was beautiful though.

She wasn't All umm no sweetie, thanks for mansplaining

Very few people in general are good at war.

>bisexual
>not strictly homosexual
Obvious fake.

>people are so mad that a character has purple hair they suddenly become space military uniform pedants

I literally cannot believe that people are picking THIS movie out for being "sjw"

youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0

Now that I think about it, is Poe meant to be a mockery of the typical, daring, male lead? Your typical heroic hothead reprimanded instead of praised for disobeying orders and follow his judgement?
Because he's the only character in the sequels with an iota of charisma and I actually think he's a cool guy.

for a moment I forgot these was a chick thor in the comics.

Oh fuck off. Her appearance is just the bonus layer of bullshit on top of an already pointless and stupid character. It's just the most obvious thing to point out

Jung is a given, user. He's entry level.

its a funny thing to pick at on top of other grievous shit done to star wars.
people use humor to deal with tragedies.

>big chunky fat lady views herself as tall skinny pretty lady
LOL

in a movie with characters that can levitate stones, talk telepathically across light years, and wield weapons made of light, you are mad at the hair?

I can't imagine living like this

>She was a cutie and sacrificed her life like an alpha.
How can a man be so wrong in a single sentence?

you got a problem with that?

Constellations are literally man made things, and the stars appear/disappear and change their position in the sky depending on your vantage point, making astrology literally beyond retarded in any kind of space setting even if you have space magic.

her role should have been akbar

>no other humans have dyed hair in sw
>irl the only humans with dyed hair are sjws
Can you really blame people for rolling their eyes?

>having a character named akbar crash his ship into enemy forces

not in 2017 honeyboo

Holy fuck

Sheeeeiiit I just realized it's the qt archaeologist from Jurassic Park

>saves the day
>after destroying all her attack ships and then waiting for a lot of the transport ships carrying the last of the rebellion to be blown up before pulling the trigger
It seems like she was a massive cunt to me.

Yes. This movie was intended as a deconstruction of Star Wars and of traditional archetypes and story elements.

Reminder that this is who star wars is for now. (1/2)

Why is it so important given her role, tho?

2/2

>TLJ is going to be a watershed moment in sci-fi and genre films generally. It's all about letting go, letting your creation grow beyond you. And Star Wars, like civilization itself, has evolved beyond its parochial and patriarchal past.

Reminder once again that this is who Star Wars is for now.

he's a quadroon at best, he looks like a jonas brother ffs.

>no Lacan
brainlet

>It's all about letting go

JUST
LET
IT
IN

k i'm out

thought that pasta was from Sup Forums. thank god it's from facebook.

her character is basically there to show that women can be good leaders (of course she would follow lea in the command chain) and to clash with Poe to call out male bravado as irresponsible. maybe not the character herself, but certainly the symbolic purpose she has is sjw.

plus generally an annoying character devoid of any charisma whatsover.

>lack of penis
dangerous assumption, user

kek

From my understanding, Joseph Campbell studied myths from all sorts of ancient civilizations (Mesopotamian, Chinese, Norse, etc.) and found the common structure between all of these, which guided his works on the hero archetype/journey. Scholars/intellectuals basically argue that the best part about Star Wars is its use of these themes (plenty of papers discussing it).

TFA/TLJ completely threw out and shit all over stories that pierce through to the core of human civilization. Short-sighted koolaid drinking twats believe that this somehow "shows the white male neckbeard." In reality it is shitting all over human civilization (I'm just bending their logic).

In reality, TLJ was a better writer retconning a blander writer's work, only to create something shittier in the process. There was no intent to "dismantle" the white patriarchy, as much as to try going back in time on TFA. This trilogy is a fucking mess. It is honestly more directionless than the prequels (I have no fucking idea how). They needed to bring in some young and inspired writers to work on this, with a producer who had some sort of vision/direction for Star Wars universe. Instead we are living with pseudo intellectuals (and on these topics I basically am one) who are doing mental gymnastics to try justifying the existence of the newest trilogy.

Protip: there is no story being told in the new trilogy other than Rey/Kylo. That's it. It's a fucking Disney love story of Beauty and the Beast. If you expected more you got conned (and let's be real we expected more before TFA).

No, honey.

In Star Wars, armies are led by wizards and nobility.

I don't get how this is so hard for everyone. She explicitly states she doesn't want him to have details of the plan as he'll likely do something erratic or stupid.
It wasn't the best writing in the world, but it made some sense.