Puerto rican user looking for some cultural representation

can anyone recomend some latino superheroes to check out
> preferably with stories written by hispanic writers

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_Puerto_Rican_people
youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hear the new Green Lantern girl is good.

blue beatle!

American chavez is the perfect superhero for you.

He's actually mexican.

OP es un pato

Subtle bait, amigx.

America Chavez is the biggest Chonga from Chongaville.

Ensemble book, USAvengers, by Ewing. Has two and a half PR characters.

He's a duck?

How's the complete collapse of your housing market treating you?

The original White Tiger and presumably his successors are specifically Puerto Rican.

Pato is a Puerto Rican Spanish equivalent to faggot.

Everything here is collapsing m8

>He's actually mexican.
¿Que madres? Amo a Blue Beetle ahora!

uh...

Chicano, but hey, he loves his grandma so hes cool in my book, and you should read his post 52 series. Cuidate mano.

>South America
Quit impressing people with you grammar capitalization rules when you don't even know basic geography

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_Puerto_Rican_people

It's a sad list. Very sad.

> latino superheroes to check out

From Marvel there are several, my favorites being the new Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Hummingbird (Aracely Penalba) a.k.a. a funny and adorable Mexican girl who also happens to be the next reincarnation of the God of Sun, War and human sacrifice of the Aztec peoples: Huitizilopochtli, the "Hummingbird's Left".

You can find them in the All-New Ghost Rider series and the Scarlet Spider (2012) series.

Blue Beetle from DC is also awesome. Or at least his first series was. I haven't read the one from Rebirth.

Now, Puerto Rican superheroes specifically, sadly, I don't know any.

Here you go OP. The only representation you need.

I think Vibe is Puerto Rican

But user Puerto Ricans are not latinos, they're actually hated by latin america

>tfw venezuelan
>country is a hellhole with militants riding on motorcycles and people and animals going feral, half the country looks like an urban dark souls level
>tfw the one comic you've related to the most is judge dredd
>they even used our tower of david as the basis for the recent movie

Honestly, I've been thinking about making a story set in caracas, you guys wouldnt believe the comic book shit that goes down.

The only good hispanic super heroes are Vibe,Robbie Reyes and Blue Bettle everyone else is shit

i put adobo on everything

Latest Nova volume has a hispanic artist/cowriter, and is fantastic, but it's cancelled at #7.

>hispanic writers

that drops it down to 0

the American comic industry is nearly 100% jewish writers and always has been

>Renee Montoya, Victor Mancha, Fire, Aztek, Bane, Nova, Gaucho

same bro. I'm guatemalan, but I feel nothing to that place. Except disgust.

>tfw Bolivar frowns at us from the afterlife.

Why

>Protesters are literally flinging shit at the anti-riot forces
At least you will be the first to enter the Fallout universe.

The new Power Man is from Puerto Rico or some shitty island.

>Rene montoya
Yes
>Victor Mancha
I don't know if he counts, he's more like a robot
>Fire
Sure, but kinda meh
>Aztek
Good
>Bane
He's more caribbean
>Nova
Pretty bland to be honest
>Gaucho
He's actually kinda fine

Can we also count latin americans comics like Cyber Six and Diablo?

I'm also Puerto Rican

My question is why the fuck would you be interested in a Puerto Rican superhero? We are the lamest people with the lamest 'culture' in the entire world

Man I'm Cuban, and even I'm surprised how fucked Venezuela is.

We're literally the only other one of two second world countries, yet Venezuela is the one that's North Korea levels of dystopia.

Jelly cause we get american citizenship for free, and take planes to enter the country.

In all seriousness, why isn't Puerto Rico a state at this point?
Does Congress just really like even numbers?

this is puerto rican """"""culture"""""

youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk

don't want more blue state congressmen, probably

though PR is pretty religious so it might go red

I think the culture was there at some point, but somewhere down the line it turned into either blind pride over nothing, and wanting to be black.

US would lose more than gain on that. PR is fucking broke. They would have to put in way more that worth on trying to fix it.

You know if it weren't for Republican's extreme stance against immigration and horrible PR issue's, they could easily get the Hispanic vote if they just tried. Most Latino cultures are extremely religious and tend to be anti abortion and anti-gay marriage.

Hell, most Cubans are already devout conservatives.

With how corrupt South and Central American gov'td are they'd probably go for the charismatic Democrat route. Blame Reagan for shit to get pity points.

From what i heard PR has almost no money and is almost ghetto level even for south america levels, everyone associated them with poverty, crime and drugs, the US wouldn't gain anything

Ctrl+f
No chapulin colorado

>Honestly, I've been thinking about making a story set in caracas, you guys wouldnt believe the comic book shit that goes down.

First, you should really get the fuck out of there. Second, if you're stuck, you might as well tell your story.

Juan Rico from Starship Troopers, although after the old anime OVAs he's pretty much played by a white guy.

The Caribbean is part of Latin America, and Bane is more brown than black and speaks Spanish in most representations.

Puerto Rico has had several votes on whether or not to become a state. Given a choice between statehood, remaining as is, free association, or independence, remaining a territory has won. So in the vote coming up they removed the choice to remain a territory to essentially force a result of statehood, so they can pawn off their crippled economy on the rest of America.

>The Caribbean is part of Latin America,

They are completely different culturally.

>and Bane is more brown than black and speaks Spanish in most representations.

This is fair though.

There's only a handful of people that could make something good with that character and they are all dead.

No shit they're different culturally, they're all different countries. Compare Mexico, Peru and Brazil and they will also be very different culturally

I mean were what's left from Spaniards raping Indians and a few random blacks thrown into the mix. Its not the worst island.

So does the other latinos, why they got poets, writers and musicians, but we don't?

All your poets, writers, and musicians moved to NYC and became insufferable.

Puerto Rican are insufferable by nature is just one those hard realities of life, i mean when even the other latin americans find you obnoxious it probably means something

Yes, now imagine how insufferable they are when they managed to become more insufferable than PR Puerto Ricans.

Every so often, PR has a vote on statehood, leaving, or staying a territory, and they always choose being a territory. Lots of benefits, lot more federal cash, and all they lose is a few Congressional seats.

Also, Peutro Rico is in default, and 50 is a nice round number.

They bless us with Gabby Rivera

Agreed. US PR's are pretty bad, but some back on the island can also be pretty bad. Mostly in bigger cities. I blame Reggaeton.

>hispanic
ah yes that chicano meme race you are talking about.

Hispanic is not a race user, Hispanics are the people that come from countries that speak spanish, for example all people in south america are latinos, but not everyone of them are hispanics for example the brazilians

>Be mexican
>Be on the bus
>cholo gets on the bus
>speaks with uber retarded puertorican accent (aka; reggeaton accent)
>Says he's immigrant from Nicaragua/Uruguay/Panama/Belize/Colombia/Venezuela/El Salvador going north
>gib monis plo0x hermaano
>mfw it's the 3°-6° time I see him this year

All the rich Puerto Ricans are in the states already.

Every time, also he speaks english like shit, because muh chicano pride

>We're literally the only other one of two second world countries, yet Venezuela is the one that's North Korea levels of dystopia.

Venezuela isn't just a ridiculous dictatorship, it's one with oil money, paramilitary action and drugs.

it's basically an 80's Arnold movie replaying on loop.

There's more Peutro Ricans in NYC than there are in San Juan.

>Honestly, I've been thinking about making a story set in caracas, you guys wouldnt believe the comic book shit that goes down.

What are you waiting for? That's the sort of shit that can get you published.

>it's one with oil money, paramilitary action and drugs.

Well, two out of the three at least.

Don't talk to me like if I was a retard, you perfectly know americans believe "hispanic" is a race and represent it with a low class mestizo mexican or some mongrel from caribbeans islands.
even fucking chicanos tryhard on it because they have no identities.

>believe "hispanic" is a race and represent it with a low class mestizo mexican or some mongrel from caribbeans islands.
>even fucking chicanos tryhard on it because they have no identities.
And thats kids is how Gabby Rivera got the idea for her comic

That's where you're wrong kiddo

Puerto Ricans in NYC are almost 1/3rd of what the main island has.

There has been a gigantic Puerto Rican exodus in the last decade. A great deal of the educated are leaving with job offers due to their minority status and states needing bilingual staff due to Mexico (Texas is one), or they are the retards who see the educated leaving and getting the great life outside, and think just leaving will solve their problems (they dont).

Lately there was a trend of said idiots returning to the island since they couldn't make it. Its always blamed away with "Gringos are racist so I came back home because I missed the beach".

They just couldnt handle that they left their Kmart job in the island to go work at Publix in Florida, at minimum wage still.

Give us some greentext stories

there's that taco grande captain america

This isn't comics or cartoons. Nobody gives a shit about your garbage beaner countries.

Fuck off to Sup Forums

She is pretty great.

Tostones de pana >>>> mierda >>>> tostones de platano.

>going to Sup Forums
>ever

No thanks.

No shit, everyone is high tailing it out of the island because it's a sinking boat.

EEEEEE PLATANO

BEISBOL

REGGAETON

Sounds like a good place to buy up beachfront real estate.

That's what's happening in most outer cities. Mostly in the north part of the island cause that's where its more populated.

Blacks are also very religious and highly homophobic. They just vote for whoever them the most gibs me dats. Given that Puerto Rico is a giant welfare island it's a no-brainer who they would vote for.

Says an inferior pleb board

Unrelated question but why are like 90% of gay latinos Puerto Rican? Is there something in the water?

Try being a Flip. Pretty much latin American except on the wrong side of the pacific.

Maybe their more accepting so more are prone to get out of the closest? I can't speak for Puerto Rico, but many other Latino countries have a great distaste and low tolerance of homosexuals and it's something you'd never want people to know, especially when you live in these poor countries with high crime rates.

kyle rayner?

seems like there's a lot of south american trannies too

I read somewhere

Thats one thing I guess but the PR gays I've known are like hilariously stereotypical gay. Like they walked right out of South Park camp.

Reminds me of hearing about some Columbian drug lord that became a tranny hooker in Brazil when his business got raided.

El bumpo

Putting the thread back on Sup Forums focus, here's more Vejigante. I like the artwork for this variant cover. Pretty stylized and looks like a Lucha poster.

It's asking for examples Latino representation in comics so it is, fagtron

I wish they would bring him back for something. Kind of lame that every major Puerto Rican Sup Forums character is typically female. Miles doesn't count. Vibe isn't being used.

Myeah, but I'm sure no one at marvel even knows he exists, and even though I like the idea, his powerset seems really bare bones. In fact, I'm pretty sure he has the same powers as El Dorado from the Super Friends. Shame, cause I really do like the concept they had for the character.

The fact we haven't seen more of this guy is a fucking crime.

Couldn't hear you over the sound of 200+ schools on a fucking island closing down

I don't think it's lame, but I'd honestly be fine without the Reggaetton. Fuck that. I'm Puerto Rican and ashamed we're mostly known for what is essentially Caribbean discount hip hop.

We have a billion dollar debt and some investors find it more convenient for the island to be in the state that it is. Also being a state would allow us to file for bankruptcy which would likely cost the US a lot of money they either don't have of don't want to use on bailing out an island they got just to send rich people to get tanned, fat and wet.

It's not THAT bad, but it's bad. Crime here is pretty rampant when it comes to drugs and ESPECIALLY husbands killing their wives and then committing suicide. I swear, it's like a fucking fad down here. Every day I hear or see news about some dumb fuck killing his wife or girlfriend and each is more dumber than the last.