/lbg/

Letterboxd: Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QotD: What is the most relentless soul-crushing film you've ever seen?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/brenx923/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/rynvie/
letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea
youtu.be/k4O6tDVdQgM?t=498
youtu.be/asEgQZhShLk?t=301
letterboxd.com/bigsmartypants/
youtube.com/watch?v=3YiIxopZKpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>redditboxd

Pure autism

>redditboxd

Pure autism

she plays not a ragtime tune on a piano with her BUTT

Sup

boy you sure like to SUBMERGE yourself in crappy movies lol

Remembering Lew Ayres on his birthday, here with Robert Taylor in REMEMBER? ('39)

These threads are the best.

am i doing it right guys

letterboxd.com/machill54/

can’t think of anything better right now, maybe Oslo August 31st?
science crazed possibly also fits the bill

>Logan Lucky doesn't get a like from Machill
Logan Lucky must not be lucky after all

letterboxd.com/brenx923/

Bright was number 1,000

gay

Uh oh, we have gremlins in the control room…
Letterboxd is down due to an unscheduled technical outage. We’ll be back soon!

what did renoir mean by this?

emily jean renoir

Jean Renoir?

it was a different time

based frenchmen pushing for degeneracy in cinema as always

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

>QotD
science crazed

machil what do you think of the work of oz perkins?

portrait of nosaj

reminder that i will fricken k*ll you if you continue to post at nosaj the way you are posting at nosaj

holy..

Character already played 550 times,
last played on 21/12/2017 - 03H38.

good film

Why do you niggers bully nosaj

he's a fucking faggot that deserves death

and here is Lew and Lana in THESE GLAMOUR GIRLS ('39) eating hamburgers

wahoo!!!!

what's your gender designation on letterboxd? Me? I'm partial to Xhe/Xhan, I hope they'll add some more in soon though because I'm not sure I feel like a Xhae anymore.

>muh LGBTQFRWOK actions don't affect you
yeah but making other people die of AIDS and demanding extra rights for everything does.

Recommend me some kino mystery films

In The Heat of the Night

Fitting that on this 122th anniversary of the Lumiere screening, I make my pilgrimage to the building served as the site of the first Hollywood feature by DeMille: The Squaw Man (1913)

If you mean the director of pretty thing that lives in the house... that’s the only film of his that I’ve seen and I thought it was shitty and I hated it, although I kind of admire what it was going for

I hope one of the questions was ‘is he a really smart and good boy’ and you answered yes!

hi frens

letterboxd.com/rynvie/

Mr. Jim Healey gives I, Tonya a 1 1/2 star rating.

Mr. Original Doggy gives I, Tonya a 1 1/2 star rating

this me

QotD: What is the most relentless soul-crushing film you've ever seen?

A: The Children's Hour. by a huge margin.

/________

>If you mean the director of pretty thing that lives in the house... that’s the only film of his that I’ve seen and I thought it was shitty and I hated it, although I kind of admire what it was going for
Watch The Blackcoat's daughter. Far superior to pretty thing and one of my favourite horror movies of the past couple of years.

Come and See or Grave of the Fireflies. Something about the Loss of innocence in war that gets me.

Been working on my Watchlist. Hope to get it down to 125 before I do the annual add.

letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea

aaaaaaaa

Why is Letterboxd such a piece of shit website?

It's fucked literally 50% of the time, they need to invest in new servers ffs.

seriously this stupid website whats to get out more and find some new servers

Beauty in every shot

that movies sucks lmao

Ok I’ll give that one a go some time possibly

youtu.be/k4O6tDVdQgM?t=498

Emily Bean

guess who just impulse bought the $70 suspiria steelbook out of tears

your mom

what a fucking idiot
youtu.be/asEgQZhShLk?t=301

Griffith predicting modernism's path towards the blending of high and low culture.

You're IQ is easily in the double-digits

what did he mean by this?

i want you to buy me a pizza

How do I get into anime
like what's the point

theoriginaljean 1 year ago
This stuff is great. Look how creative and how good production was as early as in the 20s

Mr. Original Froggy gives Buster Keaton's Cops a 5 star rating.

haven't seen Napoleon yet

>How do I get into anime

watch boku no pico

terrible like most old films
only praised by insecure soyboys so they look cultured, afraid to speak their own mind

Keaton confirmed better than Chaplin. Emma Jeanie has awful taste

Ah Scorsese always fluctuating endlessly between high and middlebrow appreciation.

You probably stole your opinions of golden age movies

We missed out on Kubrick Napoleon biopic.
It still hurts.

My favorite ending of all time is in City Lights [1931], the Charlie Chaplin movie. I just watch the ending of that movie alone on YouTube and cry. [laughs] I think any even mediocre movie can be saved by a great ending. And vice versa. A great movie with the wrong ending can just tank the whole thing. So in City Lights, Chaplin is the Tramp. He’s in love with this blind flower girl who sells flowers on the street. And one day he buys a flower from her and she hears a door slam. She thinks that he’s left and that he’s left her with all of this change. She begins to believe that he’s this rich man and he kind of, you know, keeps this alive. She thinks he’s a millionaire. But he’s the tramp and has no money. So one day he reads in the paper that there’s a doctor doing eye surgery. And I think it’s $5,000 for the surgery. He enters this boxing competition and he leaves her this money to get her eye surgery. And she doesn’t know who he truly is. And so in the end, in the last five minutes, he’s walking down the street and he hasn’t seen her for months. A bunch of kids are spitting spitballs at him and making fun of him. And she comes out. He sees her in a window. She owns a flower shop now. And she comes out of the store and she pins a little flower on his lapel and she feels his hand. And she knows his hand because she was blind before. And she’s just feeling his hand and looking at him because he looks so different than I’m sure she thought he would look. And he is staring at her in this way that you’ve just never seen—someone with so much love in their eyes. And she says, “You?” And he nods. And he says, “You can see now?” And she says, “Yes, I can see now.” And he smiles, and then it just fades out. It’s the most beautiful thing.

THA TING GOES

THA TING GOES

dog........ burger.........

How do I learn visual literacy?

>tfw no animu series listed

Maybe it is for the best..

SKKKKKKKKKKRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT

Overdose, soyboy.

Born Today, Dec 28, in 1914, Lee Bowman - Love Affair, Bataan, Cover Girl, The Impatient Years, the first TV Ellery Queen & TV's Miami Undercover...

a cuck

>projecting this hard

mmmm

Ingmar Bergman's medieval morality play about man in search of the meaning of life is set in 14th-century Sweden. But it's a magically powerful film--the story seems to be playing itself out in a medieval present. A knight (Max von Sydow), tormented and doubting, returns from 10 wasted years in the Crusades, and Death (Bengt Ekerot) comes to claim him. Hoping to gain some revelation or obtain some knowledge before he dies, the knight challenges Death to a game of chess. As they play, the knight observes scenes of cruelty, rot, and suffering that suggest the tortures and iniquity Ivan Karamazov described to Alyosha. In the end, the knight tricks Death in order to save a family of strolling players--a visionary, innocent, natural man, Joseph (Nils Poppe), his wife (Bibi Andersson), and their infant son. The knight, a sane modern man, asking to believe despite all the evidence of his senses, is childlike compared with his carnal atheist squire (Gunnar Björnstrand). The images and the omens are medieval, but the modern erotic and psychological insights add tension, and in some cases, as in the burning of the child-witch (Maud Hansson), excruciation. The actors' faces, the aura of magic, the ambiguities, and the riddle at the heart of the film all contribute to its stature. In Swedish.

what a cuck

do you talk about films/movies with friends?

letterboxd.com/bigsmartypants/

Dmitri Kirsanov, a young Russian emigré who worked as a violinist in a Paris moviehouse, made one of the greatest of all experimental films--an exquisite, poetic 40-minute movie that is one of the least known masterpieces of the screen. Working by himself, apart from even the experimental filmmakers of the period, he developed a technique that suggests the movement known in painting as Futurism. The extraordinary editing is, at first, confusing and upsetting, and, finally, dazzling. The story is of two sisters who are both betrayed by the same man; the performance by Nadia Sibirskaya as the younger of the two is surpassingly beautiful. In one scene she is seated on a park bench next to an old man who surreptitiously shares his food with her--it's as great as anything in Chaplin. Silent.

i used to in lbg but then mentally ill person made it his personal blog

cucks

Did Richard Boleslawski go to the SNYDER school of subtlety?

This is a MUCH much better film than Fatbert Shitcock's The Birds

I STOLE A LOAF OF BREAD

but in real life?

youtube.com/watch?v=3YiIxopZKpY

>Show them anything classic.
>yawn
>boring
>they change it to netflix to watch some literal dog shit garbage

never again

>he doesn't have control over his own house