So given all the over reaction to Hydra Cap by idiots on social media...

So given all the over reaction to Hydra Cap by idiots on social media, I gotta ask why the same thing didn't happen with SpOck? Sure I remember plenty of people where butt hurt but I don't remember Slott receiving death threats, click bait article by comic book "journalist" and people posting pictures of themselves burning the last issue of Amazing for likes and attention.

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

tcj.com/were-all-sorry-about-the-choices-you-made-but-i-still-need-fries/
youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spock wasn't a nazi. Spider-Man wasn't in the MCU.

>but I don't remember Slott receiving death threats,

Bullshit, you either weren't there or you're lying. Slott was complaining about receiving death threats at the time ASM #700 was out.

If spensers twotter is anything to go by he's an awful human being that said his book at least didn't do anything spock did. The problem is Cap becomes nazi hurts fake geeks sp they get mad. Same reason harley quinn is now "good" fake geek icons need to be preserved because if they change it's an attack on their identity.

Were you just not here or something? There were rage threads here every day. There were news articles discussing how over the top the death-threats were.

The only difference is back then people still remembered that Marvel comics was built on gimmicks like this and that things would eventually go back to normal.

Here's a review by a reviewer whose writing doesn't hold up well anymore:

tcj.com/were-all-sorry-about-the-choices-you-made-but-i-still-need-fries/

You can see that it actually got a lot of anger in spite of what you're claiming (the comic, not the review). The difference with Hydra Cap is that Marvel already chased away most of the people who were angry at that story and were also trying to attract the MCU audience. Instead the MCU audience got mad and were numerous compared to the longtime comic-reading audience.

This right here. Thread over, everybody go home.

>Spider-Man wasn't in the MCU.

this. most people complaining about Hydra cap don't read comics and base all of their notions of Captain America off of the movies.

This is pretty bad for marvel, since these are potential customers being driven away by event bullshit before they even step into a comics shop

I know Spencer is a twat on twitter and watching his near-meltdown is absolute schadenfreude, but isn't this one of those times where you separate the artist from the art?
That being said, SE felt like a spiritual successor of CW1 to me, moreso than CW2.
Funny about that.

Stan "The Immortal Excelsior" Lee was mad at Spock's debut. He goes to see how they celebrate a milestone of one of the most important characters he had a "hand" in and he gets a dead spider-man instead.

>That being said, SE felt like a spiritual successor of CW1 to me, moreso than CW2.

Yeah that's actually a fair assessment. CW2 felt like a direct-to-DVD sequel to CW1.

>but isn't this one of those times where you separate the artist from the art?
This. If you judged most artists by how they act on Twitter, you would miss out on like every good comic ever.

Hell, I can probably list the number of good artists in any medium that are also great people on two hands. And a lot of artists that ARE great people are also shitty artists.

>milestone of one of the most important characters
I mean, at the point that you're double shipping a title, 100 issues isn't really a milestone anymore. Like, wow, literally your highest selling title made it another 4 years, congratulations. And gets yet another oversized anniversary issue to milk cash from idiotic speculators, and gets yet another relaunch jumping-on point.

It's already one massive sales gimmick, so throwing another status quo change gimmick on top of that is meaningless.

Stan's a savage.

The reaction was amplified given Civil War just premiered World Wide, so everyone had Cap on the mind.

>What happened?

You clearly weren't paying attention or have a shit memory. Probably both.

Now delete this shit thread.

Time Runs Out (the Avengers event that preceded Secret Wars) was a way better Civil War II than Civil War II was.

Remember when Stan met Liefeld and Mcfarlane?

youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Remember Avengers Standoff?

>Stan Lee tells Rob Liefeld to draw feet

>Rob, didn't we tell you to be quiet and when you're older you can talk with the grown ups.

Holy shit, Stan!

The one in the Busiek era?

No, the recent one right after Secret Wars, where shield made a prison called Pleasant Hill

Thing is, Secret Empire isn't even good, and definitely isn't worth the constant shit Marvel puts out. It's better then CWII, but that isn't saying much at all.