Garbage. Absolute trash. On the same exact level as Juno. Why does this have practically perfect ratings?

Garbage. Absolute trash. On the same exact level as Juno. Why does this have practically perfect ratings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y-JmZ9ADhYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i want to be best buds with her lady parts

because people needed to have a 'stronk independed woman' choice on their top 10 lists for the end of the year so they overhype it to overcompensate for the lack of good movies with female leads. it doesn't matter that it had the exact same character arc as every shitty disney channel movie you grew up watching, if it's a woman then it[s kino bro get used to it!!

I would give David Ehrlich a swirly if I had the chance. Is that just me?

>being this pleb

Muh vagina

It's hella tight.

>Sup Forums dislikes a movie starring a female
Who could have predicted this

it's generic trite.has the same cliches that every coming of age high school senior flick has ever had

There's nothing original or exceptional about this movie like the ratings imply for it.

Sup Forumsedditors*
seahorse and frances ha are and always have been our girls

>Surely Gerwig’s autobiography isn’t the point, but the fact that she expresses it with authenticity makes the film likable — and distinguishes it from the young-adult formula of Juno and The Edge of Seventeen. Gerwig emulates the Mumblecore boys’ non-aesthetic and bests it. Christine’s cramped family kitchen is an American movie rarity, and her bratty anti-clericism at Immaculate Heart High School, which first looks like a girly clone of Rushmore, is never vicious but feels emotionally accurate. (Lois Smith and Stephen McKinley Henderson play a compassionate mother superior and priest.) Christine rebels against church rules like so many ethnic smart-asses, but the church becomes her foundation in ways that are funny (decorating a nun’s car) and then extraordinary when she contrasts it to lonely, big-city atheism. Her one-line assessment is the coup de grâce of the movie year.
Try to move beyond YouTube reviews.

Is there a sex scene?

agree. I think its because womens

So he likes it because it makes fun of big city atheism versus rural christianity, sounds like a ultra patrician reason.and a valid cinematic opinion

Why is Sup Forums so autistic that they can't enjoy a movie just because it has high ratings and they have to be a special contrarian snowflake who goes against anything that others like?

>cherry picking
Like I said, stick to pointing out plotholes with your YouTube friend simulators.

It's unoffensive and kind of appeals to everyone in a very baseline way, there's no glaring faults and it has good acting.

But I think its a bit generic too and one off of Edge of Seventeen or Juno, it boggles my mind that women all the write the same way about their high school experiences and somehow men are always at faults and they """""learn"""" something glaringly obvious in the end as a moment of triumph

I just marathoned it. I really liked it but I kind of agree with

>it boggles my mind that women all the write the same way about their high school experiences and somehow men are always at faults and they """""learn"""" something glaringly obvious

does it really boggle your mind? Women are the same thats why I use the same tactics on every women I have been with at any age they are.

It was really mediocre and bland. I almost fell asleep twice. I'm sure there is a movie in there somewhere but the editor was so schizophrenic that it left me with a migraine. The Irish actress was ok and the Mexican girl was hot but it's a pointless snoozecore movie

Because it's just based on Greta's childhood growing up. She went through the same problems every teenager goes through, sorry she didn't try to throw in some unrealistic sci-fi twist to keep you interested.

>wheres the hanz zimmermen soundtrack and roger imdbkns cinematography :(((
The state of these pelbs

yeah okay, I don't see you defending it without giving regurgitating your black bull

because the poster alone is practically critic bait.
>quirky hair
>female
>blank profile shot
>unconventionally attractive (critic speak for ugly)
>looks sad/troubled but "fierce"
>crucifix implying religious criticism, ideally to do with sex or sexual morality
you could probably write a quick bot that churns these things out.

every time. it's like clockwork

Based Armond liked it, and he usually goes agains the grain. That's how you know its true kino. All you plebs have shit opinions otherwise.

wow well in that case i agree it's one of the greatest movies of all time!

I seem to recall Sup Forums absolutely adoring Manchester by the Sea around this time last year

Retards don't understand RT, it just means everyone thought it was good. They aren't saying it's the greatest movie ever made and better then Citizen Kane just because they enjoyed it and didn't find any major flaws in it.

>feminist director
>muh empowered
>muh Church is evil
Gee I wonder why

It's 94/100 on Metacritic

>I base my opinion on youtube personality's opinions

tell that t the people trying to say TLJ is a good movie

>Armond white
>YouTube personality

Back to plebbit my friend

But Armond only gives legitimately bad movies good ratings.

oh. so so so so so so so so sorry.
>I base my opinion on on film critic's opinions
you feel better now bud? I get it right this time?

What the fuck was up with that Lady Bird name? Do girls really do that? It was cringy as fuck.

It's not an autobiography of gerwig, I heard an interview and she said she wasn't like the lady bird character at all, but called herself a people pleaser

Yes!

I bet she's pleased a lot of people

I agree with you completely, I also felt it lacking in several aspects. However, i tend to fall on the more positive side because so few good movies have come out and i thoroughly enjoyed this one. Which is so rare for me, to enjoy a movie.

Well yeah, it was a movie. A wish fulfillment. But i do tend to think the circumstances were the same for her. I'm sure she didn't call herself Lady bird or was as sassy as Saoirse but she probably had about the same relationship with her mother and followed her life path. It was too earnest to be completely fictional. So imagine the movie with a more boring normal main character and it was prolly Greta's life.

If you can't set aside your personal biases and appreciate it from a filmmaking perspective then you are an anti-art pleb and do not belong on this board.

Thread theme:

youtu.be/y-JmZ9ADhYg

8.8 average rating on RT is still too high. this is a 5/10 film

Saoirse sold her soul to become a royal

t. brainlet

Because you can't critisize Saoirse Ronan

The best song play to a christian high school party, a couple of niggers talking about shooting each other and selling drugs.