Bruce as a dad

Alright lets discuss this /co.What do you think about Bruce as a dad. Last weeks Batman and Nightwing got me thinking about it. He seemed pleased to tell his dad about Damian, but over in Nightwing there is clearly a little trouble in paradise with Dick thinking he couldve been a better parent. At least Jason and Bruce are on good terms though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-cKvY38dT1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damian is fucked will probably grow up to hunt criminals with a machine gun knightmare style.

Also he let jason die

Probably depends on the writer, Nightwing obviously bigs up Dicks relationship with Damian, Lobdell seems to love the idea of the Batfamily. I honestly can't decide what King thinks of them. I wouldn't read anything into it.

>Lobdell

I think he loves Jason's relatinship with Bruce and Tim. Everyone else not to much. King does love the family, but Im not sure how much freedom he has.

>Everyone else not to much
I wouldn't go that far, remember when he wrote Tim and Jason as best friends he was likely the only Robin he could use, as the other two were in a different editorial group.

Bruce is literally cucked by Dick in the father department

That's true. I actually find Dick and Jason's relationship to be very interesting. It's rarely touched but they were brothers first but lots of problems between them. Wish someone would tackle it.

What do you mean?

Tbh he shoulld've left it along. It was terrible since Tim sucked.

Seeley seems willing. It's why we need an All Robin book. I want my brothers on a roadtrip issue DC you sons of bitches!

>Duke gets a solo
>Nightwing Facist mini
> No Robin book

Why does DC hate money?

All-Star Robins by King and Seeley would be pretty great. It's just them all going on a bunch oof goofy over-the-top adventures, helping each other out

Worlds Finest and Teen Titans are both pretty much Damian books

I loved that part where Dick and Jason chat. People called it ooc, but I want more dammit.

Damian likes Dick better than Bruce as a parental figure.

>Jason asks Dick for advice on redheads

Ex and current Robins family book so Dick, Jason, Tim(I guess for the full set) and Damian travelling the world and having adventures.

Dick and Damian would rather have each other as father and son than Bruce

Then why does he do so little to emulate Dick, and so much to emulate Bruce?

Bruce you have four sons and a daughter.

> Jason loses out becaus the red heads want Dick or are lesbians.

Being Jason is suffering

He hasnt adopted Cass in this timeline

He says Batman as an ideal hero but not necessarily an ideal father?

Bruce is a great father that prepares his sons to be the nest humanity has to offer. But he isn't a nice dad, he is an adventurer sure, but outside crazy adventures or movies has trouble connecting with his kids. With Cass and Damian he connects due the mission, they all truly enjoy fighting and training. With dick was adventures, with Tim it was science and detective stuff. With Jason was all about both lacking something.

Bruce is the extremely cold militar styled father that takes his son to a baseball game, no one says I love you or shit like that, but that's what they share. That's Bruce, some kids are fine with that, like Cass or Tim, others grow up bitter and don't understand Bruce, like Jason and dick. But that's it. A strict asshole dad doesn't equal a bad parent, given the context of wanting his kids to lead the justice league and train them to fight meta humans he is great, he is just emotionally retarded, he can show rage easily but struggles with showing love.

But confyfags want everything to be nice and want them eating burgers and shit like that. I'm not pissed about batman having flaws as a parent, he didn't had parents, that's why he act as a teacher, sensei, guide etc. I'm pissed about how we are getting to close to the 90's, the days nightwing was an angsty idiot and bruce was batjerk. I like Dixon but his barfamily was shit and milked the differences too much.

The best part is all the people salty about that issue and saying it contradicts Tomasi Batman and Robin. Tomasi who did'nt focus on Dick and Damian and even has Damian kinda cold towards Bruce in Supersons

I agree with you on the agnsty stuff being shit, but 1 thing I think that doesnt have to be is Damian viewing both Dick and Bruce as parental figues. I mean Dick raised the kid for a year and his differences from Bruce are what the kid needs.

Ignore dickfags, they are retarded. It's simple, little brothers usually like their big brothers in college more that the strict parents, they are fun. And big brothers hate when dad is mean to the little ones.

That's all. Those faggots are reading too much into a extremely normal situation. Damian knows he has the physical potential and right background to be better than the rest of the bat family, we know he will eventually grow up Into batman 666/heretic size. Dick wants Damian to be a happy leader of the titans while Bruce wants Damian to be the leader of the whole superhero community and his mother wants him to rule the world. Of. Course Dick is more fun.

How did they not die from this?

Thats what everyone wants to know. The transition was super jarring.

Excellent timing on Banes part? I like to assume he's stealthily escaping through the shadows while Bruce stands and watches his kids choke out and Alfred just facepalms.

>he hanged my son

Yeah Bruce is a shit father to the point where he sees Damian as his only son (despite canonically adopting Jason) and yet seems to ignore him completely most of the time anyway. Dick is a better father to Damian at this point.

lol how can anyone say Bruce is a good Dad to Damian currently? Its not only about fun.

Bruce doesn't care about any of them besides Damian.

I'm sorry, it's canon. Damian sees Dick as a father and Dick also sees him as a son and wanted to adopt him.

The entire Batfamily was a mistake. The best stories have Batman as a loner, with only Alfred on his side. Prove me wrong.
Protip: you can't.

Lets say hypothetically bruce has a actual baby, would he conceal everything from him or bring him into the fight.
Lets say he cant adopt him out either, hes stuck with him or her

Depends on the writer.

I can since the Batfamily are the only B listers DC has that still sell well at this stage.

Wouldn't it be complicated for Bruce to explain his adopted kids to his dad under a limited amount of time?
>Hey Dad, I have three adopted kids, one of which is dead, one biological son, a black kids that follows me around, and two street girls that hang out not he bat cave form time to time. All these kids just happen to have adopted the vigilante mantles you so never wanted me to have.
I think it was a smart move to just mention Damian.

He could just say "I have children". Or even just "I have a family".

This isn't really true. In Morrison's run the whole dynamic was that Damian considered Grayson a partner and that they worked best when Dick wasn't trying to act like a parental figure Batman.

>Hey Dad, I have three adopted kids, one of which is dead, one biological son, a black kids that follows me around, and two street girls that hang out not he bat cave form time to time. All these kids just happen to have adopted the vigilante mantles you so never wanted me to have.

Also all of them have died and come back to life, except the one who is currently dead... The black one hasn't died yet but I've only known him for about a year. I am a good legal guardian.

Because King is a hack when it comes to writing Batman.

Incorporated is my favorite Batman story. So... fuck you I guess.

>I am a good legal guardian.
>Hey Dad did I ever tell you about the time where I kidnapped my kids in put them in cryogenic tube in Superman's house to protect them from a big guy who wears a mask?

Why would you give a shit if your son adopted someone? Damian is the biological descendant.

Why would you care about your son getting date raped and the crazy woman growing a test tube baby along with countless clones?

I wish Bruce had found out that this Thomas was a ruthless crime boss. The drama from that would have been tight

In King's defense, I read it as referring to Dick.

>Tie-Up whatever Spyral plotlines Seeking still have in their heads.

What part of low on time did you not get?

>Also he let jason die

I mean it's at least contributory negligence on his part.

I don't like Batman with kids. Dick should take Damian so he can fuck off in Nightwing and we never have to worry about him again.

In one of the most recent issues of Nightwing Damian literally said he'd prefer Dick as a father and thought at one point that Dick was 'replacing him' by having a child with his gf and Dick said that he thinks he's a better father than Bruce. Damian has said more than once that he thinks Bruce is a shit dad. Have you read anything aside from Tomasi's/Morrison's runs?

>Thomas would rather die again then spend time with his son and grandson.

>Bruce is a shit dad
That isn't exactly wrong though. Bruce basically forced his adopted children into a life of crime fighting.

>Grandpa Wayne hangs around Smallville being the Country Doctor. Still gets wrapped into mystery Solving.

I would read such a book.

Another missed opportunity for DC the House of Missing Ideas.

I genuinely want Damian to choose to be a normal kid/person instead of a crimefighter, even more than I want it for Tim.

Before I started liking Damian I used to argue with others that his existence was pointless and it was going to downplay the importance of Bruce's bond with his adoptive kids (which is has, to an extent...but eh) and people would tell me that it was an interesting and important bit of growth for Bruce's character for him to have a kid.

But... wouldn't it have been better for Bruce to have a kid he tries to protect from Batman related stuff and a kid he tries his hardest to be a normal dad for and makes him debate whether he should still keep being Batman or move on because he has (blood) family now like Thomas wants him to? That would've been character growth, not just letting him be another Robin and letting him wallow in his issues and his past like his father.

>In one of the most recent issues

ayy lmaooo

youtube.com/watch?v=-cKvY38dT1I

I had to read this twice to understand what you meant
Thought Damien was in a X-23 financial situation

I still don't get why Bane wouldn't killed them

I'm all for him being a JSA member, at least temporarily like Kingdom Come Supes.

Because, despite how poorly he was written in that arc, Bane doesn't like to kill kids and the hopeless.

Now that I think about it, Bane gone good and Damian bonding could be a cool thing.

If Batman were a story, like a real story and not a comic book series that goes from writer to writer, event to event, always coming back to the status quo or whatnot, I feel like Bruce would generally improve as he goes on.

First he has Dick. And, you know, Dick's a swell kid so Bruce didn't really have to do as much. So then he takes in Jason and gets kind of cocky and fucks up badly. And he learns humility so when he deals with Tim and Cass, he's hesitant at first, but slowly he builds on what he's learned in the past and ends up a better father figure to them. So by the time he gets to Damian, I feel like he's at least a far better dad than he was with Dick, because he's mentored half a dozen kids by this point.

If Bruce were truly allowed to develop as a character over the course of a story, I'd imagine that that's how it would go. But he's not. The Batman isn't allowed to improve or become a better person. He's not allowed to learn from his experiences and grow as a human being. The Batman cannot be anything more or less than what he's been before.

>asshole dad doesn't equal a bad parent
I don't know, there is a lot of child endangerment. He is a complete madman who copes for the death of his parents in the most retarded way and drags other orphans into it.
I love reading Batman stories, but let's not pretend he is sound of mind or heart.

>stay away from comics and Sup Forums for six months
>come back
>see this
There are so many wrong things with this image. I should have stayed away.

Dick and Jason are adults.

The way the next comic started didnt even make sense. All of a sudden they were a-ok in stasis in Superman's fortress? No explanation or anything? It was just a wild jump into the next scene.

You know people are probably gonna write smut with those two right

I wasn't triggered by this page, but I have to say that it would have been much better if he said "I have a family" and probably would make about Thomas happy to hear that.

Is he from the same universe as priest Jason or yet another one?

i have a family' implying that he have wife

Nothing, he's memeing.

He is.

It was indeed a bad page. We actually thought it was dummies before King confirmed that it wasn't.

Priest Jason was best Jason. Also Dick being damians better dad is nothing new or shocking. Bruce and Damian only worked in their own book anyway.

>All-Star Robins by King and Seeley would be pretty great. It's just them all going on a bunch oof goofy over-the-top adventures, helping each other out
FUCK I need this

>Leading the Teen Titans
>Not emulating Dick
Just because Damian thinks of Bruce as the greatest hero doesn't mean he thinks of him as a father

You father not cumming into a tissue was a mistake too. Prove me wrong!

The family has exsisted almost as long as Batman has. like maybe 1 year or so difference.

He is leading the TT because of Bruce, not because he was trying to be like Dick.

Either way you don't have to emulate someone to view them as a father figure. Damian can emulate Bruce and still view Dick as a father.

>doesn't mean he thinks of him as a father
He literally calls him father. You need to get back to tumblr.

How salty would Talia be to find out about Dick and Damian?

> People are too dumb to get that Damian likes different parts of Dick and Bruce and views them both as father/ father figures

Guys cmon

>Have you read anything aside from Tomasi's/Morrison's runs?

The Morrison/Tomasi stuff is going to be a hell of a lot more significant to Damian's existance than what's going on right now.

Damian is still think of Bruce as father.

It's Dick who thinks of Damian as son, but Damian doesn’t.

People call it OOC?

With how much Jason has been on a course of getting over all his shit, the idea of him and Dick being able to converse doesn't seem so farfetched to me.

Hell Dick's been around longer than Alfred

I think he does actually. He wouldnt be worried about Dicks new kid replacing him if he did'nt. Thats a very specific concern.
I think people wanted to see the development of Dick and Jason's relationship to that pint. I mean they never had casual conversation before that moment.

Nah, I think this arc made it clear that its mutual. What bugs me is that Bruce doesnt know. I think he'd be hurt by their thoughts on him as a father.

There are still some people who want Jason to be a villain or edgier. Not particularly surprising.

Reminds me of some developmental psych theory shit with certain kids just geared towards success and require little coddelling
Orchards and lilies or some shit
Basically Dick was a kid who was goung to be okay regardless and Jason needed more care

Some people legit don't like Jason being funny or goofy. They think he should be the serious straight man, But that only happened in the Outlaws because Roy was the goofy one and Kory was strange. In the new version its Bizzaro being himself or the tone. They don't get that people act differently when around family or in a non stressful situation. So Tim ( or Duke) & Bruce I guess) is the straight serious one and the rest are goofy in the Batfamily. But some people dont get that and complain about the Burger scene or Jason talking to Dick about girls.

Understanding emotion is hard for some people. Also only Lobdell is canon as well for others.

It's Damian and he used to have all of Dick's attention and was afraid that a kid would change that, not because he see him as a father.

>people act differently when around family
This can't be stressed enough

Maybe people on tumblr dont interact with their family or people outside of the website. It would explain alot.

But he ahs his own fathers attention and Dicks been gone for a long time? Why would he care about it. He did'nt throw a fit for Duke, but one for a baby?