I wasn't expecting to find this in the free Spongebob comic I got

I wasn't expecting to find this in the free Spongebob comic I got.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Lender
comicvine.gamespot.com/duster/4050-84530/object-appearances/4040-79147/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nobody was, user

Pretty fucking rude when you put that in your own comic. I don't think corporations and companies mocking themselves or each other's failures is particularly revolutionary or fun. It's as pathetic as current Spongebob.

Magazines are dying too.
Digital is future OP.

You can almost taste the passive aggression.

>I wasn't expecting to find this in the free Spongebob comic I got
Didn't you checked the previews? everyone knew that

kek someone's assblasted

He's not wrong though.

It's pointless commentary that's neither new nor apt in a fucking Spongebob comic

What are kids supposed to think of that panel?

>It's as pathetic as current Spongebob.
I think that's the joke

Do people REALLY get mad at this?

It's funny, and TRUE.

The writer: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Lender

He is probably assblasted his shitty comic didn't sell.

comicvine.gamespot.com/duster/4050-84530/object-appearances/4040-79147/

He's butthurt he's stuck writing a SpongeBob comic to make ends meet.

We don't need your blog. Hell, there's no reason to ever use "I" in the OP unless you're relevant to the discussion, so unless you wrote this comment you "found" for free, fuck off until you know how the culture works.

Based Bob dropping that red pill on the state of the industry.

>lack of variety

Face it Spongebob, all people want is superhero comics.

it's not particularly funny

>Lack of variety
It only appears this way because nobody notices or talks about them unless they get a film or show adaptation

So I'll pretend I'm not just posting a picture of a comic I took with my phone on a comics board, and instead include a "now that the dust has settled, what did he mean by this?" for good measure. Got it.

B-but Sup Forums told me the industry was improving

One thing we (as comic book lovers) miss is that this hobby isn't for everyone. It just doesn't have that wide-reaching appeal. Whether it's price (too expensive for a short experience), or people not wanting to read, or viewing comics as "children's reading material", or whatever. We are a niche.

Even with all the blockbuster superhero movies, comics haven't taken off. I don't think there is a way to make sales explode.

There is also the perception that you can't just start reading comics, you have to start "at the beginning", which is nonsense.

Comics do sell and reach NYT best sellers lists
It's just not traditional floppies/trades aside from maybe Saga IIRC

Replacing worthless shit with worthless shit doesn't fix anything. Get something of substance to post and just fucking post it, no bullshit needed.

He's right, I hope the comic industry crashes and burns for being so shit

Here we have the perfect community to discuss underrated gems via word of mouth.
Instead this place popularizes poorly written capeshit (America, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, etc)

Except it doesn't work that way. We HAVE to dismiss "under-rated gem" shit or shills will set up shop and never leave. We see that problem clearly with Sup Forums, which is all console wars and shills.

I think anyone with half a brain can infer spongebob making a bold statement about the state of the comics industry despite being irrelevant for years is the topic of the thread, and is implied by what I said.

all this shows is you put more value into Sup Forums culture rather than reading comics

I bet the only people going "lmao he's so buttblasted" at this are capefags.

we're talking about comics
a significantly smaller market

>comic actually calling out diamond
Bold move.