Is this the best gay reprensentation in any show ever?

Is this the best gay reprensentation in any show ever?

Yes.

Not by a long shot

no

but what does that even mean? since obviously people would have different opinions about what is a good or bad gay representation in a show

It's pretty damn good, also had the first gay kiss on television, although the show never really got much credit for it

Kiss on the lips, then we'll talk.

Go back to Tumblr SUfag

He's not wrong, tou know.
Lesbian relationships are extremely codependent as a generality and they actually have the highest relationship abuse statistics. Like, not just emotional shit, I mean lying about your black eye levels of abuse.

It's a very sad thing to see in real life.

Remember that red gem is the author's self insert and that the blue girl in the dress is her fat black boyfriend.

Yes.

I love how naturally they portray them being gay as part of their character, without it being part of their personality.

>Alexander the great was a homo!

NEW CONDOMS? WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR REGULAR BRAND OF CONDOMS?
>Nothing, these were just on special, that's all!
YA CHEAP GAY BASTARD, THESE THINGS ARE GONNA FLY RIGHT OFF!

Okay.

Taking what is pretty much the coolest character on the show and then saying "surprise, she is the literal physical manifestation of a gay relationship!" was actually a pretty neat idea, but Ruby and Sapphire as characters on their own are pretty lame.

ill kill you nigge!

thread
fucking
derailed

>Alexander the great was a homo!
I like the fact that this was literally done just to give Gus an excuse to say the word "clobber".

The resemblance is uncanny. This is the best thing Ian has done since not finishing RPGWorld.

But user, they said they were gay all the time. By Sup Forums's logic, anyone who frequently talks about their sexuality is a walking magnet for pandering. You can't just have stuff like Wally and Gus, and promoting their love, it will upset the neckbeards. Wally and Gus are trash characters.

I'd say the majority of the cast and Impulse from Young Justice were the best gay characters because they never, ever talked about their homosexual interests.

Wait, why would gays need condoms unless one of them had a disease?

Sometimes you just don't feel like cleaning semen from your rectum

dicks going into poo poo hole isnt sanitary even without diseases.
Smart people get enemas and fast before anal

t. part time gimp

This. I love how no one in the show ever brings up that they're gay. People would tolerate homosexuality more if it wasn't made such a big deal of and wasn't shoved into everyone's faces.

Or cleaning out shit from your peehole.

all scenes with Gus are great

The vast majority of fags don't shove it in your face and just want to live their life, as evidenced by the fact that you don't know they're a fag. You only see the flamboyant ones, so you think they're typical instead of the extreme minority.

Honestly, yes. They were written as characters first and foremost, were relatable, their homosexual relationship wasn't their sole defining trait, and everyone in the show never made it into a huge deal.

Why emphasis on clobber?

Were Andy and Jim hipsters?

They have hipster qualities but they never actually struck me as hipster but what hipster desperately want to be actually

Oh sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about popular media. Gays are almost always represented as stereotypical. Also gay parades and such exposure aren't helping

Supposedly Gus's design and voice reminded the writers a lot of The Thing, so they wanted to give Gus an excuse to use the word most associated with The Thing.

Rocks don't have genders

hahaha really?

I'd say so, the only real contenders I can think off the top of my head would be the McBrides from the Loud House. The main thing that Wally and Angus and the McBrides have over is that they are people first, gay second (or maybe third). Whereas Ruby and Sapphire are gay first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and maybe don't start being people at around a distant 30th.

Yes, i'm pretty much Gus and my partner too, but Wally wasen't really that bad the guy was more snobby than a sissy, it's good to see a gay man in media that's not flaming faggot

user, we all shit from there, have you ever have anal with a girl she dosen't have disease, but you still are going to use a condom

The whole thing about Wally is that he appears to be a flaming sissy stereotype at first, but he really just is snobby, caring and a bit emotional.

I wonder how many straight anons ITT will claim that the best gay representation is from characters who never, ever act g-

crap, already too late

This is how you destroy your native flora.

For fuck's sake, just shit an hour before sex.

Everyone does it user, but it's about precaution and hygiene

It's another newfag that never meet a real gay person and believe tumblr sterotypes

You say they're always represented as stereotypes but you wouldn't know the ones who aren't.

People don't seem to get the purpose of stereotypes.

>Im gay and i want everyone to know it
>But im too stupid to add anything to the discussion so ill just add smug and hope some mistake it with being deep

>Everyone does it
Doesn't mean you should. If it's about hygiene, wear a condom.

That's a pretty retarded thing to say.

If their sexual orientation isn't relevant, of course I'm not going to distinguish them. They're humans like anyone else.

If it is relevant, then it will probably be obvious because they have a partner of the same fucking sex.

I legit felt for these characters. Laughed too. That's a rarity for many shows these days.

>belonging to an arbitrary group automatically makes you the authority on how a social issue should be approached

Sorry my redaction is pretty shitty, english is not my first lenguage. I mean that everyone shit and clean before having anal sex and wearing the condom is about hygiene too

youre saying a gay man's opinion shouldn't matter on a discussion about gay characters in tv?

The resolution to why Gus didnt want to remove the knife and why he had it stuck was surprisingly heartfelt considering how silly the premise is.

No you retard, he is saying that him being gay doesnt make him an authority over a complicated social subject. or that his opinion is worth more, just based on the fact that he is gay.

>Quit yer fussin'.

You're calling me retarded, but you're agreeing with me so I'm not necessarily sure what to say.
I'm not making a point about human beings, I'm talking about cartoon characters. Cartoon characters are made to be extremes of certain traits and that's always been and always will be because they're not real people and it's fucking boring to make a character with a unique trait who don't express it to the extreme.

>english is not my first lenguage
Why do people say this? The statement itself doesn't imply your English is lacking. It sounds like an excuse, but it's a shitty excuse. Just outright say it's not good.

Thank you for replying to the brainless ass for me

To be fair is just different opinions, i'm gay man too and i really feel Gus is the closest thing i seen to a gay character similar to me, Wally is fine too, he's more snobby like other user pointed than sissy

Exactly. Laughed my ass off and got feels all at once. Also the episode on how they met was great.

Why didn't Gus just go and get the knife removed?

By having it stuck he had more people fussing over him

Man Wally was such a retard, he could have had a great carreer AND Gus at the same time.

"t." doesn't mean "source", it means "regards".

why did you feel like you had to point that out?

His comment still works, your pedantry accomplished nothing but making you look vapid.

The lightbulb. The fucking lightbulb.

wait what? How in the hell did they have the FIRST?

>not rose and Pearl, the relationship with actual backstory and complexity

The lightbulb was a great idea. Then we could see what he was really feeling at the time.

We've never even seen them in a relationship

This thread is about great gay relationship representation and gay characters.

Not a cuckold general

>t. part time gimp
Does that pay well?

stop fussin

No, tell me why you dont just get that damn knife of yours removed!

HAHAHAHAHA

Yes and they were good down to earth people. Still disgusting though. Nothing wrong with having gay feelings, but it's degenerate and you should never actually those feelings out.

It's up there for sure.

It featured an on-screen homosexual kiss (between Gus and Wally in the pilot episode) from a couple established to be male homosexuals, making it one of the first TV shows of any kind to do so. (Only a 1990 episode of The Simpsons ("Simpson and Delilah") and the first season of Picket Fences in 1992 (which featured a male-on-male kiss in one episode and a female-on-female kiss in another) predate the episode in this regard) and in one of the greatest trope aversions of all time, elderly gay couple Gus and Wally had such rich personalities and unique storylines that the list of tropes below contains no Stereotype Gay entries. The show won an award from GLAAD for showing homosexual characters in a positive and non-stereotypical light.

>copy/pasting TVTropes

Not really. I mean they are pretty lame characters. The only time you see them is when they dysfunction or lose. Like in the hotel or on the handship. Even then they have heavy tunnel vision. Ruby was about to leave steven alone just to look for sapphire and ruby not taling the mock baseball game seriously. They're that couple that everyone hates just because they're together because they forget everyone around them.

This was something that irritated me to no end as a kid with his brother in college when this show aired. Hipsters weren't necessarily a bad thing, I wouldnt say andy was a hipster but jim definitely had a hipster look and sensibilities. What irritated me was a few years later was when everyone called everything hipster it seemed like the definition I knew just completely changed.

>someone stupid likes amazing world of gumball
color me suprised

Mr. and Mr. McBride are pretty fun. I like them a hell of a lot better than Clyde, that's for sure.

Right, so not the first.
Not that faggot, but "real gay" people run the gamut from flamboyantly gay to everyone is very surprised to find out their gay. There are stereotypes out there but there are people who behave similarly to those stereotypes.

I wish people would stop fellating this show as being the best thing ever.

Because it's a great show that ended WAY to fucking early and is one of the greatest examples of rating obsessed executives ruining everything

why do gay people only become cool when they are old and shunned from the gay community?
seems like that shit is completely toxic really, i wonder how the world woulld be like if people didnt feel the need to surround themselves only with people with the same taste for dick and marxism

>Doesn't like pure 90's cartoon kino
>Should probably kill himself

its amazing how garnet went from being the level headed character to the coolest character and into the lamest character all in a three episode span

I dunno, they are pretty good but i always thought that Jim and Kevin were a way better reprensentatives of gay people than Gus and Wally were.

he ain't wrong fite me

thats the case with every single thing in the world user, i know all i need to know about gay people by their voting habits anyways

>90s
Barely.

The show was a reflection of the 90's and the people that lived in it.

The show might have aired in 1999, but it was in pre-production long before that and it reflected the reality of those working on it. you know, young adults in the 90s.

alrighty

what the actual fuck.

Why.

Bucky and Pronk fight a lot because they're "real".

No, because there was nothing conscious about Jim and Andy's behavior or dress, they didn't give a shit and lived their lives how they wanted. They drank cheap malt liquor and dressed like slobs and got annoyed when they had to deal with actual hipsters. If they were actual hipsters they'd have paid for fancy craft beers and bought designer clothes made to look like cheap garbage.

like when an old tough guy won't go to the doctor for a hernia or to have a suspicious growth checked out because he's not worried about it. Gus, who is portrayed as kind of a benevolent ogre, gets stabbed in the head and wants to just walk it off.

What are hipsters then?

Like are Andy and Jim what hipsters strive towards, but will never actually achieve because they are too caught up with living and being a lie/poser and Jim and Andy are just living it?

[muffled goober giger]

Alright, that's it, i'm going to bed, no more internet for me.

i chuckled but really it was

>[Muffled "Bling Blong"]

>Mission Hill
>""""""90s""""""""
kek