Archie Sonic update

>Hey Matt, we understand you're frustrated. We're in talks with SEGA regarding Sonic and when we have an update to share, we'll let you know.

twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/862676437123436546

While not anything new per say, it is significant that this is the first time Archie has posted anything public themselves regarding Archie Sonic since the hiatus/delay occurred. Everything beforehand has been through other people inquiring through phone calls and emails.

Perhaps this means that they are finally willing to talk or maybe trying to quell the latest rumor spreading around very recently?

I hope so.

They're just stalling before they have to drop the hammer.

This, probably.
>Archie tired of relying on expensive-to-own license dictated by another company, wants to make actual Archie comics
>SEGA tired of dealing with retarded lawsuits and licensing out to "gaijin piggus" + their non-Jap OC's, may want to refocus brand (again) since movie is due next year

Although it'd be more than stellar if not and we resume happy-dandily soon enough.

Can they just schedule another year of issues to attempt to give everything a satisfying conclusion?(mostly for mega drive)

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was always better to be honest.

I don't care if it comes back anymore. I've lost pretty much all of my interest following it at this point.

Though I am curious to how they'd deal with coming back when a large amount of your customers have been thinking it's been cancelled for almost half a year. I bet the sales are gonna be fucked

Well, the last time it took a hiatus, sales tanked when a ton of LCSs didn't bother to start stocking again.

>per say

At least we still have the Live-Action CGI Movie being made by Sony, guys.

But user! You forgot the Deadpool guy and... some animation graduate.

Also I think Marza.

Can someone ask them if they're releasing the last issue of MegaDrive?

They aren't gonna say anything other than what they said in the tweet in the OP.

Most of the time I see people discuss it here it´s about how cool it`s Eggman or some OC`s.Now if we are talking about /sthg/...

Now that Archie is losing maybe you should jump ship to a winning team

>K'Nox AKA by nickname acquired as a young lad due to the unusual bone structure of his hands
Penders seriously can't even pretend it's not Knuckles?

Penders will probably find some bullfuck reason to sue Archie when they formally cancel Sonic. Maybe because, even though they purged all of his content in 2012 (2013?), cancelling the comic makes it look like his work wasn't good enough to keep the comic running, which damages his reputation and, by extension, TLSC's sales. Or his childishly inflated projected sales, anyway.

Maybe he'll sue Flynn at some point for not releasing Lost Hedgehog Tales, since the act of not releasing something is (C) and TM Ken Penders.

Just trying to think like Penders, here.

I still don't get why Flynn doesn't release LHT with names changed to things like "Jeremy St. George" or "Jenny-Lou".

By Archie's own subscription Terms of Service if they cancel the comic outright they have to refund consumers if they want. If it's put on "hiatus" they can instead offer to switch it over to another line.

Sales are fucked no matter what from how many stores no longer will stock it after it not being available for months.

Stalling for what?

i don't think penders can keep suing without cash though and he's already tried twice

Seeing how long they can go while trying to think of a way to damage control it.

I haven't been to /sthg/ in several months, how bad is it?

>House of Atrades

They're taking the news about the Archie comic's cancellation rather hard.

i told you fucks it's not cancelled and i've been saying it for the past few months. these bullshit "sources" are fake but no one fucking believed me god damn

>I still don't get why Flynn doesn't release LHT with names changed to things like "Jeremy St. George" or "Jenny-Lou".

Because Penders would sue anyway. This is the asshole who claims Scourge and Shard because they technically came from a Sonic/Metal Sonic he wrote.

The Penders characters were only ever good under Flynn. The fish and rebooted characters are far superior to his army of echidna clones anyway.

>I don't care if it comes back anymore. I've lost pretty much all of my interest following it at this point.
Man, it sucks but this. My interest kit kept lowering after the soft reboot, and the Unleashed saga didn't quite win me back.
But it being there was still nice to, just having the option to go back.

Go fuck yourself "matt"

The fuck is a mark?

HOW MUCH DO 6.8 STONES WEIGHT

To the user's that wanted to see my collection of Sonic reaction images, I'm sorry for the delay. I will now begin dumping. First off, the Marathon banner.

DESTINY

This, at least give us the fucking 300th issue, for fucks sake.

It's Sonic, when has the franchise overall and anywhere done anything right and proper since 1993?

I don't know, I kind of liked Adventure 2

Generations

R E L E A S E

O V E R D R I V E

Y O U

F U C K S

>HOW MUCH DO 6.8 STONES WEIGHT
95.2 pounds according to google.
>The fuck is a mark?
Some weird Penders speed I would imagine. So, one truly horrible act a year I guess?

I wonder what the reaction would be had they released Overdrive before this situation started. Seems like I mostly see that being the one people are sad to lose and not really the main Archie Sonic series.

More tomorrow.

Others seem to give a crap about the reboot universe but the main series has pretty much been dead to me since The Pendering.

However, Mega Drive is straight-up the best Sonic book Archie has ever released and it would be a fucking travesty if it went unfinished.

This. The pendering basically killed any interest i had.

Loaded question time, yet completely serious.

How much of an effect did this comic and SatAM have on the furry community, and how? Don't laugh. I'm dead serious asking this.

I think it was significant enough to be noticeable but not enough to be super-influential or anything.

btfo!

lol I still have this issue

See if it was simply the case of Archie going "Thanks but no thanks" to running the comic in the face of a larger licence fee and wrapping everything up that'd be fine.

But they started playing thier mystery game, got Megadrive axed and then Riverdale happened so now it's all hush untill that wraps up its first season so the envitible bitching at them doesn't mar that and everyone's browbeaten into submission on the matter.

The fatal flaw in that plan is that they are trying to placate the Sonic fandom.

I guarantee you, the moment Riverdale finishes up for the season Archie will drop Sonic like an ugly baby.

Subscriptions, Riverdale and thier own retarded version of damage control.

>I guarantee you, the moment Riverdale finishes up for the season Archie will drop Sonic like an ugly baby.
Riverdale is finished up for the season.

I win.

I've been messaging Penders on and off on Twitter for a while because I thought he had the rights to the character Emerl. Can I capitalize on this in any way?

This is the most infuriating thing. Sonic the comic could have chugged along in sheer mediocrity but he had to burn it down to spite archie and sega.

Good god, grow the mustache back, at least then you only look like a dweeby history teacher instead of a fucking child molester

Convince him to add the character to his comic and watch as SEGA sue his ass six ways from Sunday.

Ah ah ah, but he can't get sued if he never puts out a comic!

Man, I remember editing this to a point where it was really super fucking big, like, wallpaper sized.
I wonder if a marathon will occur if this series really goes down under.

>no!
>this cannot be!

Why did I read this in SOTN Dracula's voice?

I laff every time.

How many levels of denial are you on my dude?

It's time to let go. You're just going to get assblasted when they finally announce the cancellation.

The biggest crime is that we'll most likely never see Breezie or Honey ever again in any form.

I don't see the problem, never could figure out the big deal about them aside from Archie going "LOOK WHO WE SALVAGED FROM THE LOST AND FOUND!"

Why drawing comic if you don't like drawing?

>Sales are fucked no matter what from how many stores no longer will stock it after it not being available for months.

Comic book store sales have always been a small part of Archie Sonic's sales base.

In sells a bit over 40,000 an issue, but comic book shops are sub 10,000 of that.

Hence why Diamond's monthly sales list puts them so low, because they don't ship though them thank god.

You are fucking retarded if you believe that bullshit "higher fee" rumor.

my first faggot boner was for Sally's brother

Eh, they're better than any of the new friends Sega's put out since like, Blaze. But yeah, people only care because waifus.

Personally I think the more egregious revival was bringing back the pink chihuahua from Unleashed. As if we needed any reminders of that garbage.

Well, I think it's because people liked the way they were portrayed in the comic.

Anyways, if the comic is dead then that's a damn shame. The reboot was pretty fun & I was looking forward to finally seeing issues that aren't tied to the SWC & Overdrive.

>since like, Blaze.
So Silver, Marine & (if you count Boom) Sticks?

At this point Id be happy if they extended the comics run to end at #300

Dear God that art is nothing short of hideous.

Seriously. Even Cthulu would go insane looking at that

>So Silver, Marine & (if you count Boom) Sticks?
Unleashed was after it too, so the pink dog counts.

Yeah, but Chip was just a one off.

>The only one destined to merge with all the multi-versions of one's self

ALL the multi-versions?

Ken Penders couldn't have been bothered to draw backgrounds for his Magnum Opus; why would you expect him to care enough to try any better with Sanic?

>Have a wife that is enough rich to cover all your expenses, thus allowing you to treat your job as a hobby

>Use that sort of freedom to murder the fuck out of a comic franchise because it rubbed your ego in the wrong way

Ken is living the dream, man!

wait isn't the planet name Mobius actually owned by Sega? can he really call his planet that?

People only care about the main comic getting cancelled because of "Muh SatAM!"

(You)

At this point i wouldn't be suprised if it's real.

That's not an update.

The real tragedy here is losing Sonic Universe, it was better than the main comic. Why does no one talk about these issues more often? It has everything all the Sonic fans were begging for, side characters getting more spotlight and it allowed for original stories whether it be made up or following the events of a game as some unofficial sequel.

Thing now that it's finally over we can do The Ride again to really finish it off with a bang?

I swear, Chris-Chan has to be Penders' secret bastard child.

At this point, I think the comic is long overdue for a merciful euthanasia - the property is in a legal limbo, SEGA is notoriously obsessive over the rights and image of their property and Archie doesn't seem to have heart anymore.

Maybe once we hear it from Archie's mouth but no Brazilian Megaman this time.

Nah, Penders is CWC's more 'succesful' counterpart.

Some forms of autism work best when they are left alone.