Why does Sup Forums hate Snyder when the rest of the comic community loves him? Is Sup Forums wrong...

Why does Sup Forums hate Snyder when the rest of the comic community loves him? Is Sup Forums wrong? Or is everyone else?

1) other communities think whatever the comic publishers tell them to think
2) Sup Forums thinks the opposite of whatever comic publishers tell them to think

Just pick your preferred brand of groupthink.

You have to understand that New 52 Batman was a jumping on point for a lot of readers, so of course theres a tad bit of overrated praise for it. It started out good, but with each arc it was Snyder trying to top himself while also trying to leave his mark on the character to the point where good writing became second priority to him. His Joker is shit, no one cares about Harper or Duke, and the only good bit about Zero Year was Riddler having center stage. Not only that, people got sick of Snyders fake outs and lack of commitment. Everything from Lincoln's claims of being a Wayne, to Alfred getting bleach in his eyes, nothing really stuck

So what's the true consensus on Snyder's Batman? It's okay?

Sup Forums doesn't read comics, but when it does, you can generally trust its taste

Shit plots, great art

Strong start but fizzles out, which can be said about the entire run or any story within it

His Batman is boring, he turned the Joker into a full blown movie psychopath with no other intention than shock value for the sake of it, most of his stories went absolutely nowhere and were mediocre at best and he created the most useless and dull side characters that added absolutely nothing to the cast and to this day no one gives a shit about Harper or Duke.

I dont think its horrible but its just mediocre and unimpressive.

His Dickbats was better but I think thats because he was just getting started as opposed to doing whatever he pleased.

Great parts ruined by editorial forcing it to be EBIN CROSSOVER NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME which is a tradition for Batman runs.

Snyder is decent, Capullo carries the run. I really appreciate that a good artist was able to stay on a 50+ issue run for nearly every issue.

Court of Owls and Zero Year are the best parts, although I do like the stuff with Gordon as Batman

I feel like GordonBats would have worked better as an ongoing elseworlds title. As it stands its on of those "Oh yeah, that happened" moments in comics

This.

It's a great run by all means, and if it was anyone but Batman no one who question it. But he clearly wants to make his mark on the character, and has forced multiple characters in order to do so. Plus he ripped off Morrison like 4 times and can't end a story.

He's a talented writer, but he doesn't do the responsible thing and put his efforts towards more b-list and c-list characters.

Imagine a Hawkman story by him, it'd be dope. But no, we're getting year 9 of his Batman stories. Yawn.

this is pretty much how I feel. And it morphs into intense hate BECAUSE of the pp suckling the rest of the faggots online give it.

If normies and casuals didn't treat Snyder and his run as the GOAT it wouldn't be so bad. But baby's first batman is always baby's favorite. Which, would also be excusable if the faggots had read any other batman.

Court of Owls and Zero year were good despite Sup Forums being contrarian faggots
The rest was shit

Death of the Family soured a lot of people here on Snyder, who until then was the golden boy at DC.

i dont understand the hate it gets, and i dont really care. zero year and endgame is some of the best shit ive read and i had a good time reading the entire run

Synder isn't so bad. I actually like King better

Black Mirror was amazing, Court of Owls and Zero Year were good. Everything after that was awful.

My main issue with it is he shit on the Batfamily whenever he could and went out of his way to make Bruce hate them. Snyder also claimed he didn't want to use them cause thet were children then he inserted his own child solider OCs.

Most of his arcs also rely heavily on him coming up with some secret surprise history which is one of the laziest forms of writing, not to mention it also retroactively usually makes that history worse.

It's an above average run overall. Capullo really carries the title. Snyder does what he's always done - think of an interesting hook, write an engaging beginning and middle, then fail to stick the ending in a truly satisfying way. His Batman also tends to feature some form of convoluted connections to Gotham's historical past. A good, not great run on the title.

Snyder's writing is fine, and Capullo's art is dope.

I liked Snyder's run
I liked Morrison's run
I like King's run

As a Batman fan you have to be happy you are getting good to great writers to write your favorite character. This bitching doesn't make sense, if you don't like x-person's run go read some back issues instead.

I liked him just for the fact that he went out of his way to sexualize Bruce.

Snyder was the Stephen King of Batman writers. Horror bent and interesting ideas but can't stick the landing.

He was okay.

Less artfully written, edgier retreads of better stories. Droning exposition that spells the themes out explicitly.

"Batman" for the Nolan fans

Because he started out strong, but his real 'talent' came out at the end of CoO when he shit the bed, and this is usually how it goes with him, arc starts out alright, gets boring becomes shifty and ends with a question mark. He was carried by the art work of each of his runs thus far, but most of the comic community has their opinions dictated by memes, and Snyder's batman being good is a very old meme

First arc was okay with a bad ending. Everything else was boring.

Okay, first: don't be so crude. Kids come to this board.

Second: Your actual analysis is spot-on, the Batman mythos is full of amazing characters and stories that could have been tossed in the trash-pile of canon history if not for some excellent and diligent follow-through.
Snyder has the 1% inspiration, what he lacks is the 99% perspiration.

Great art, plots ranging for good to mediocre and sometimes bad but am I the only one who got annoyed that every fucking arc resulted in some city destroying event it even happened in the god awful enternal books also having villains with secret histories that for some reason connect to Batman gets really old real fast

Because Sup Forums hates anything that takes itself even semi-seriously and dubs it "edgy".

Sup Forums are contrary edgelords themselves who think they're making a point by only accepting a wacky campy batman even though nobody has wanted that for decades

but one of Sup Forums's favorite comics is Punisher MAX, and one of Sup Forums's favorite writers in general is Garth Ennis

and Sup Forums also loves Batman RIP, which had an edgy as fuck Joker

but I guess you'll just move your goalposts because the little narrative you've constructed in your head after a month or two on the board and just posting in movie threads doesn't match up with that

>Why does Sup Forums hate Snyder when the rest of the comic community loves him? Is Sup Forums wrong? Or is everyone else?