Are there any horror comic ONGOINGS that are worth reading?

Are there any horror comic ONGOINGS that are worth reading?

I've pretty much read all the Marvel and DC horror stuff, and I don't care for Walking Dead, so don't bother with those. Crossed also is shit, so not that either. And now that I think of it, I've also read the EC Comics stuff. Anything else goes. It can be completed or still coming out, doesn't matter. ANY type of "horror" is acceptable. Any era is cool no matter how old or new.

Other urls found in this thread:

emcarroll.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
>Afterlife with Archie
>From Hell
>Beasts of Burden

Some french comics are pretty good at subtle slow burn horror.

>Beautiful Darkness
>Voyage en Satanie
>Miss Don't Touch Me (Disturbing parts)

Short online horror comics by Emily Carroll >emcarroll.com/

You posted the poster for Fright Night, and the comics based on that were alright.

>Anything else goes. It can be completed or still coming out, doesn't matter. ANY type of "horror" is acceptable.

Have you read Worm?

It's a web serial, but it is superhero genre, and it's pretty damn horrifying.

The main character controls bugs as her super power. And it's just as creepy as you think it is.

The bad guys are worse.

Bonesaw, bleh....

That main character sounds like Jennifer from the movie Phenomena. That's neat.

If you like that movie you should find a translated rom of Clock Tower for SNES.

I googled that and it looks retarded. Were they actually well written?

Bunn horror books. Harrow county is great

As in CULLEN Bunn? REALLY?

>Emily Carroll
Not this talentless whore again.

Never read any of his superhero stuff, but I second Harrow County

>Harrow County

What's it about?

That sounds... weird...

I remember the last time we had a thread like this. It's going to be a real party in here when this discussion eventually turns to the inadequacy of the medium and the incompetence of particular artists/writers. Also, last time we resorted to including Junji Ito's works and that short Korean jumpscare webcomic Bong E. Chong or whatever you call it. Is OP okay with including non-Sup Forums works? I know there's people in here that get into all the horror Sup Forums has to offer. Maybe that has something we're all looking for. I thought webcomics would have a lot to offer too, but horror just doesn't seem to be as popular as other genres.

Yeah, Harrow County is one of only a handful of genuinely great ongoings being published right now. Rest of his horror titles are alright-good too.

Junji Ito is fine to include here in the horror threads if you ask me, his stuff never falls in common manga tropes and even his art is quite different from most manga. Ito really mastered the art of the jumpscare in comic form, as you pass the pages you can feel how something terrible is coming

Petit was storytimed recently.
I think it was pretty horrorific, in a political allegory kind of way.

>common manga tropes
Don't be an idiot. Manga isn't a genre. That's as dumb as assuming all comics are superheroes
>his art is quite different from most manga
Not really.

>the inadequacy of the medium

The problem has nothing to do with them medium. There just aren't many horror writers or artists that are interested in working in comics.

You sound mad user

What's so bad about Carroll?

It's the new one that just came out any good? Infestation?

Derelict

Lackadaisy? I kid

>still coming out
how about never finished due to author death?

There should be a new Tales From The Crypt run, but it hasn't come out past issue one a few months ago.
Monstress is good, but more fantasy than horror.
Nailbiter just finished up if you wanna read the whole run. Good start but kinda rushed the end.
Lord of Gore is another single issue I hoped for more but might be cancelled idk still waiting for more than 1 issue.
Grimm Tales of Terror or Haunted Horror (I'm just a sucker for stand alone stories anthology)
Broken Moon (post apocalypse full of horror monster classics)
Moonshine and Cannibal are horrors I'm pretty sure (I'm behind on them and only read issue 1 so idk how horror it goes)
Haven't read it but heard good things about Harrow County.
Clean Room (I'm a sucker for Gail Simone, sue me)

Theres also been plenty of recent Alien comics (all have been good) if you're into that.
I wanna say they're still making American Vampire comics? Idk I lost track of that long ago.

I'd recommend Surreality, by Ashes. It's a bit of a mindfuck -- really lives up to the name -- but the art has a certain charm too it that I really enjoy, and the plot is surprisingly compelling.

>a new Tales From The Crypt run

What the fuck? Seriously?

Rednecks is good

I only found out when I went to look for an update.

>Lord of Gore is another single issue I hoped for more but might be cancelled idk still waiting for more than 1 issue.

The second issue came out not that long ago.

Check out this gem

How/s Clean Room?