Supporting cast completely gone, save for Fat Ned, Young May, and Skinny Flash

>Supporting cast completely gone, save for Fat Ned, Young May, and Skinny Flash.

>Peter is constantly guzzling Avengers cock

>Spider-Man is going to have an AI

>Far more reliant on tech than the comic it's based off of.

>MJ isn't in it

>Harry isn't in it

>Can't mention that Uncle Ben died in the movie.

>Daily Bulge isn't in it.

How the fuck is this a Spider-Man movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tomhupdates/status/851841221391765504
screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-uncle-ben-peter-parker/
youtube.com/watch?v=cKW7NSgiCFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well there is a different MJ in it

I almost feel like Sony is fucking over Marvel with this movie out of spite and bitterness.

Then again, there is Hanlon's Razor to consider.

It's Iron Man 6, OP. Pay attention.

first MCU flop (Iron Man 3 did adequately), get ready boys

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! SHES NOT MJ, AND MARY JANE WILL BE IN THE SEQUEL!

>How the fuck is this a Spider-Man movie?
It features a character named Spider-Man.

it will make money but no one will care about it

It's an Iron Man movie with a small Spider-Man cameo.

DAILY BULGE

How is that any different from any other MCU flick then?

>Daily Bulge isn't in it.

I never claimed that it was

>Daily Bugle isn't in it

twitter.com/tomhupdates/status/851841221391765504

You wot mate?

>Harry isn't in it
>No MJ
>No Daily Bugle

Do you REALLY want to see that all over again, user? DO YOU?

This seems to me to be more MCU fuckery if anything.

I mean, for all Sony's screw ups, I don't see what they benefit from shining the spotlight on Iron Man this much, especially when Spider-Man is more popular.

The ibly thing you didn't ask for was Uncle Ben's death. We needed something new

>MJ isn't in it

>Harry isn't in it

I'll give you the rest for sure, but these two weren't in his high school either.

Yes, I would like my Spider-Man movie to be a Spider-Man movie.

Also, what do you mean all over again? The total of three movies we saw them in the Raimi trilogy?

Considering the amount of time he was actually in high school? It seems beneficial to add some shit from the college years.

Also, wasn't the MJ face reveal when Peter was in highschool, or am I confusing things?

So Spider-Man isn't Spider-Man without Harry, MJ, and the Bugle having prominent roles? Well then I hate to break it to you, but Spider-Man comics haven't Spider-Man comics for a long time then.

>Spider-Man comics haven't Spider-Man comics for a long time then.

I don't know if you're trying to be funny here, but most people would agree that they aren't.

The served prominent roles for a good portion of the character's history and are important to his mythos, yes.

>Well then I hate to break it to you, but Spider-Man comics haven't Spider-Man comics for a long time then.

Yeah, I know, Mephistoverse sucks.

>I don't know if you're trying to be funny here
I'm not.

He said Daily Bulge, not Bugle.

Oh no, Dr Conner's class!

Just imagine the MCU pandering in the comics.

>Can't mention that Uncle Ben died in the movie

What's this now?

I GOT SO CAUGHT UP IN WHAT I WAS DOING I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!

>Far more reliant on tech than the comic it's based off of

Bullshit. Tony Stark rather famously gave Peter a tech-based suit in the comics and it was badass as hell. You're just a whiny fag.

>Daily Bulge isn't in it

Wow, I wonder why a high schooler isn't working at the Marvelverse equivalent to the New York Times. What a movie sin. Fucking retard.

We got SELFIE BOI! Not Spider-Man. The MCU and Marvel completely shit the bed with Tom Holland and I can't wait to watch them all go down in flames.

No, not at all. He graduated in ASM #28 and she didn't have her famous door scene until #42.

And I hate them going back to the high school era, but I understand them wanting to start from the very beginning for the MCU. Hell, his first major villain he's gonna be fighting is the vulture who was in ASM #2

>Iron Man 3
>adequately
it broke a billion, dude

>screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-uncle-ben-peter-parker/

>I mean, we’re implying he’s dead. We have not at all, again, gone into trying to change his origin story as far as I have been envisioning it. But we, just again, we thought that to keep this fun, light tone, as soon as they have to have their, like, ‘Let’s remember our dearly departed father figure’ – it derails that a little. And again, what we’re trying to tell is this sort of fun story of the kid who is doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. And once you do that, it stops becoming a sort of sun movie about a kid trying to be a kid. He’s mourning the loss of a parent.

TL;DR: Death is too dark for a movie targeted at kids, so they're going to ignore Peter's /entire/ fucking motive.

>How the fuck is this a Spider-Man movie?
All on purpose so that Sony doesn't have anything to run with on their own. Harry Osborn almost wasn't called Harry Osborn either, but somehow they left it in

>Daily Bulge isn't in it

Scandalous! With a suit that tight there's no way he could hide it.

Yeah it was the Iron Spider which they didn't use in Civil War because no on involved in that shit production actually read the comic it was based off of.

AND it made Peter not trust Tony because the suit was spying on him. Eat shit Holland.

>In Civil War

>When Peter was well into adulthood.

>Only for a portion of the story.

>Turned out to be a trick all along anyway.

This is teen Peter we're talking about.

why do we need to see Uncle Ben die again? At this point it's like Batman's parents dying: people know it happened, how happened, and how it affected Peter

probably for the best in Civil War's case

Because the people who made this movie never read a single comic in their fucking lives? That's why. And they choose SPIDER BOY instead of letting Peter grow the fuck up and give themselves all more creative freedom.

But hey, whatever gets little selfie taking faggot teens in the door right?

I don't need to see fucking Uncle Ben die again.

If they're going to do teenage Peter at least do it fucking right. Teenage Parker was about a kid trying to support his Aunt because they were poor as fuck. It was also about him struggling to understand what it meant to have responsibility, hence all the times he thought about breaking the law and assaulting his classmates.

There's a difference between not seeing Uncle Ben die again and not referencing the fact that he died because it's too dark.

I WANT PICTURES

PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN'S COCK

>i-it'll be hilarious when this shit flops

>Supporting cast completely gone, save for Fat Ned, Young May, and Skinny Flash.
He's still in High School. The only supporting cast that's absent is the Daily Bugle's staff, which is admittedly a gross oversight.

Just because it'll be shit doesn't mean it'll flop.

>Peter is constantly guzzling Avengers cock
I'd pay to see that in theaters

user this is a family-friendly movie. I know it's about a teenage boy, but his daily bulge is not necessary to the narrative.

>this one is gonna be the bad one guys, I swear!

this

Why the fuck is spidey 30 FEET FUCKING TALL IN THAT IMAGE

HE didn't meet any of those characters until college

Sony is desperately trying to get more butts in the seats by constantly reminding people that iron man/rdj is in this movie and that this is a mcu movie.

It would be OK if they weren't in it for this movie, but they are planning a trilogy of him in high school. A trilogy with Zen "Not Mary Jane!" Daya and cringeworthy Ned Leeds

>For a few issues of a crap event when he was in his mid twenties and experienced as Spider-Man

Open up a comic book, buddy

I hope we get Zendaya and Ganke Leeds marvel legends so you faggots can cry moar.

By your logic
>Let's not have a high schooler make revolutionary webbing fluid with insane tensile strength and biodegradability

Reminds me of the whole "Spidey isn't allowed to punch in the movie" deal

youtube.com/watch?v=cKW7NSgiCFo

You guys seen this yet? Seems relevant.

They said they're going to imply it. Plus Peter's motive is still very much the same.

>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, the bad things that happen because of that, happens because of you.

And then Vulture saying that he would do anything to protect his family, and that he knows Peter knows what he's talking about.

Spider-Man already has two different movie franchises that did his origin to death. They're avoiding that and other common elements from them. You might not like that, but let's not pretend that it's actually a fault on the movie's part and not just a typical case of the not muhs.

>And again, what we’re trying to tell is this sort of fun story of the kid who is doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. And once you do that, it stops becoming a sort of sun movie about a kid trying to be a kid. He’s mourning the loss of a parent.
You don't get it. They're skipping it because the MCU is a comedy series.

I certainly have Daily Bulge for you right here.

>I don't see what they benefit from shining the spotlight on Iron Man this much, especially when Spider-Man is more popular.
Then why did The Amazing Spiderman movies make less than the Iron Man movies?

>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, the bad things that happen because of that, happens because of you

jesus christ just fucking say the actual line.

The previous Spider-Man movies are still around if you prefer that. Also funny that you're dismissing the movie as just a comedy that wants to avoid dark things when the trailers straight up show Vulture as a heavily weaponized serious villain who explicitly threatens to murder Peter and everyone he loves, and is even shown to be capable of it because he kicks Peter's ass to the point where Peter is beaten and bloody.

But whatever, MCU is just comedy, not muh Spidey, blah blah blah.

I honestly don't think it would have fit the scene. The stilted articulation is much more honest. If he had just said "With great power there must also come great responsibility", it would have just sounded like a teenager trying to say something deep.

It's a great line, but context affects delivery.

I don't know, I feel like the amazing spiderman movies already had enough of "teenager sounds retarded every time he opens his mouth". Maybe the constant quippage will be a relief from the constant awkwardness.

No user, you're the one that doesn't seem to understand. They literally say in the article the only reason they aren't bringing it up is because it's too dark and clashes with the fact that this is supposed to be a kids movie.

That's why Peter wont be allowed to punch anyone in this movie.

They say it's a story about a kid being a kid. That doesn't necessarily equate to a kid's movie. Plus you straight up ignored all my points and are just clinging to your interpretation of a quote. Sure, Peter fights and gets brutalized by a dangerous villain who uses dangerous weapons and doesn't hesitate to try and kill civilians and EXPLICITLY threatens to MURDER Peter and everybody he loves, but oh no! Peter won't punch anybody and they're striving for a more lighthearted general tone for the movie, what is this baby shit?!

Get over yourself.

>They say it's a story about a kid being a kid.

Teen Spider-Man was about the exact opposite of that.

>gets brutalized

I don't think you know the meaning of that word.

>doesn't hesitate to try and kill civilians

Try, I doubt anyone will die in this movie if it's too vanilla to show punches.

> EXPLICITLY threatens to MURDER Peter and everybody he loves

I also doubt we'll have a moment where they're in mortal danger.

so you've seen the movie, then?

Quote the point where I implied that?

>Teen Spider-Man was about the exact opposite of that.
So? It's an adaptation. A different version. You still have the previous movies if you prefer their storytelling.

>I don't think you know the meaning of that word.
To be attacked in a savage and violent way. Which Peter is, according to the trailers. Vulture beats the crap out of him and the goons send him crashing through vehicles. Are you so desensitized to violence that that doesn't strike you as savage and violent?

>Try, I doubt anyone will die in this movie if it's too vanilla to show punches.
Sorry you aren't getting your edgy grimdark Spidey where death is explicitly depicted.

>I also doubt we'll have a moment where they're in mortal danger.
Missing the point by a mile. You know what a real hallmark of kid media is these days? They won't even say the words "kill', "die" or "dead". Vulture delivers an explicit death threat, so I'm also not going to put much stock in your doubts.

>Can't mention that Uncle Ben died in the movie.
the fuck, seriously?

More like "won't".

From my experience Spider-Man fans seem to obsess over quips and the fact that the Raimi films weren't quippy enough so that all you need to make a "Spider-Man" film.

If they want it to be a movie for kids shouldn't he be learning self-reliance instead of prostituting himself for free stuff from shady strangers?
Not a good lesson to teach youngsters.

The MCU has had characters feeling guilty over someone else's death since Iron Man.

We don't need another maudlin Spider-Man flick right away. At least four of the last five already beat that into the ground.

But the entire point of Spider-Man is that he feels guilty that he was the cause of his Uncle's death. Without that he has no reason to crime fight.

I really don't like Holland's Spider-Man. He's only got two modes. Whining and lusting for Tony's Iron dong.
Why can't he have a wider range of emotions like a real god damn high school student?

Fuck, an adaptation of Ditko teenage Peter would have been fucking great.

Instead of him breaking into the Baxter Building to beat up the Fantastic Four for money you could have that scene with the Avengers.

user, if you want people to take you seriously, actually start listing some serious points

People have been saying this shit since 2014

Guess fucking what.
No flops.
Do you see a flop? Because I see millions and millions of dollars that fiat into say "No flop here boss!"

GotG didn't flop. AntMan didn't flop. Civil War didn't flop. Ultron didn't flop.
Just...give up.

Yeah, it would set him apart from the previous two movies. Holland wants to repeat the all the soft spoken wimpy attitude of Tobey Maguire, but without any Raimi's style it isn't even entertaining.
Ditko Spidey is top tier.

This movie is not the age bracket of this board

This, only kids are excited about it because they don't know any better.

And it also strays from the formulaic gags of the MCU. The Spider-Man quips only work because his surroundings are serious, rather than giving /everyone/ a moment to have a joke.

Play the enemies super serious and have Peter be the /only/ one who gets to crack jokes in the movie. Which annoys basically everyone around him.

In attempt to differentiate from the previous films, they made it nigh unrecognizable to the Spider-Man mythos.

The MCU has had characters cracking jokes and being sarcastic since Iron Man.

Yet they're still obsessed with remaking that Raimi series, but removing all the heart and forcing in Iron Man.

They said it wouldn't be in the film because newspapers are irrelevant and it would need to be updated. Don't know where that pic is from.

>Flash Thompson is a little brown boy
Why?

Apparently they don't think bullies are a thing anymore, so they're making Flash a cyber bully.

I'm not making shit up by the way.

Which is why Peter shouldn't be just another standup comic with inoffensive non-quips. He should be straight up insulting people.

This. People confuse quip with banter.

Peter is the latter.