How does this make you feel Sup Forums?

how does this make you feel Sup Forums?

Mad. Why won't we see it?

We'll see it eventually. It's a shame it won't be any time soon, though.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I blame the mouse

someone get me my noose

>You imagine all the kino shots we'll never see
Why even live anymore?

>arguably better than the original
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH *inhales* AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aaaaaaaaaaand there's no god

If Denis Villeneuve doesn't want one then I trust him that what we got in theater was his true vision and I don't need to see a 4 hour cut.

>sit on a goldmine
>wait for 10 years
>release the enitre cut

He will keep it locked up as long as possible and then cash in again. He knows that he made a cult movie, it's going to be remembered in the years to come.

NOOOOOOOO

It's significantly better

Denying the fact that Denis Villeneuve made an even better film than Ridley Scott managed to AHAHAHAHAHA

This. Why would he tell us he's releasing the director's cut in 12 months? So you won't buy the theatrical cut this month?

GIVE ME THE 4 HOUR CUT YOU FRENCH FUCK

An eight or nine hour cut would be welcome. Maybe running the theatrical at quarter speed will suffice.

This is why no ones likes canadians, let alone french canadians.

ENOUGH

Non :)

brainlet detected

Still waiting for the four hour cut of TAOJJBTCRF.

Madman

Made a 150$mil+ budget movie for Sup Forums

What was his name again?

How about a two hour cut with all the superfluous garbage removed?

>arguably better

LMAO only if you're a waifufag weeb

It's objectively better though.

WB has the distribution rights. So, unless they get a change in ideology about movie production, there will probably be an alternate version released in the future if not more than one. So much footage was likely shot in order to eventually release some of that footage in some ways similar to the Hobbit. WB does this release of extra material supplementary to the theatrical version with some movies. Saying it will never get released is something similar to Lucas saying the sequel trilogy won't get made and the original versions of Star Wars will never be released in hd in order to make it bigger news when it does occur.

I call B.S on that. They will release it next year as part of some 2x markup edition.

They will need to finish fx and sound to these scenes which is expensive. It will never happen.

>WB has the distribution rights.
Sure but you are forgetting about Villeneuve's contract. If he has final cut on later releases WB won't be able to do shit.

You mean objectively worse. This garbage is nothing but a three hour long string of used up cliches.

>"arguably a better film" than the original
I suspected all these years that much of BR's critical acclaim was fake. Turns out I was right and all those people who are now drooling over 2049 were merely pretending to like the original to fit into some imaginary "cinephile" category.
Jesus Christ. I know everyone here is retarded but I'm still baffled by the acclaim. I mean, it was very good action sci-fi with gorgeous visuals. But Blade Runner? Fucking hell.

It's another reason to not keep living.

reddit film

Reminder that Ridley Scott has been and will always be a hack

The theatrical cut feels like 4 hours already.

I'm fine with that. The movie was pure kino.

Can they just release all the footage they have? I'll watch like 20 hours of shit from this movie

Well, fuck you, Denis.

Please don't bully liberals from Sup Forums

>reboot

IIRC, Villeneuve said this was just the working production edit that every movie starts at before being edited down.

Also I believe the theatrical version was actually the Director's Cut

>mfw Ridley thinks he could have done a better job

Reminder that this poster is anti/tv/
The fan base of this movie is not locals

>anti/tv/
Omg someone call the police

IT'S CALLED AN ASSEMBLY CUT

IT IS A BEGINNING TO END ASSEMBLAGE OF ALL THE FOOTAGE

IT IS NOT A FINISHED CUT OF THE MOVIE

IF YOU WATCHED IT IT WOULD NOT EVEN QUALIFY AS A "MOVIE" TO YOU. IT WOULD JUST BE A BUNCH OF FOOTAGE IN PROPER ORDER BUT STILL DISJUNCTIVE.

ANY TIME YOU HEAR ABOUT "THE LEGENDARY 4/6 HOUR CUT" OF ANYTHING THIS IS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. IT IS NOT A MISSING 2-TO-3 HOURS OF NEW SCENES.

ONLY if you compare it to release bladerunner.

Which is never the bladerunner people talk about. Final Cut or fuck off.

This

wrong

no shit

It is arguable, but the person arguing it would just be wrong.

It is?

Dreadfully distinct.

He is right though.

wrong.
>But there are some scenes that were like [makes boosh sound]. Quite strong.”
the french madman says that there some of these deleted scenes are quite strong.

>[makes boosh sound]
For a moment I thought you were describing the soundtrack.

Then why didn't he cut the absolute useless walking around and put these 'strong' scenes in instead? Really fires my neurons.

Way off baseline.

>useless walking around
Why are plebs always like this?

I JUST WANT THE ORIGINAL 8 MINUTE BASELINE SCENE

He's said all along that he would only do one cut. If a 4-hour version exists, it's probably just a workprint, and was never intended for public viewing. Yes, there was footage that appeared in the trailers that wasn't in the final film, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

I do hope we get some deleted scenes on the Blu-ray, but beyond that, I'm fine with only having the theatrical version.

That's pretty cool.

I love when they use practical effects like that

Wait, it wasn't already running on quarter speed?

>more unecessary filler scenes that look fucking great
Mixed feelings

They used a lot of practical effects, and did a wonderful job of blending them with the CGI.

They built a fucking million gallon water tank for the sea wall scene.

And then took ten nights to film that fight, using only natural light (aside from the lights from the spinners) because Denis refuses to use fake moonlight on principle.