Could Villeneuve save Star Wars?

Or is the franchise fucked by design because of how rigid the formula is?

any director can give out as many ideas as he wants but they'll ultimately get bottlenecked by disney into some mediocre turd

Can't delouse the Mouse

ENOUGH WITH THE STAR WARS THREADS FUCK OFF AND DIE

He's too smart to touch Star Wars.
He may create Star Wars killer with Dune though.

I don't think that's a good match.

Villeneuve only cares about his movie not the shit around it.
Star Wars has too much baggage and the fans are too touchy anyway.
Imagine some producer bitch from Disney going to Villeneuve to tell him he needs to add a few scenes because they need to sell toys.

This

no they need better writers

he fucked up blade runner, so probably not

BR2049 is literally the best possible Blade Runner sequel we could've ever gotten.
It not only expands on the original, it even makes the original better by making the continuity errors of the first one the plot point of the sequel.

I noticed a surge of 2049 threads as a backlash to the Star Wars threads and thought we could go meta. It's an honest question.

True, but besides his ideas I also was thinking of his aesthetic. The new SW movies have a lot wrong with them, but one of the biggest indictments is how visually boring they are. Villeneuve made a compelling piece of art out of an intellectual property with fewer "assets" and a narrower range than SW, whereas SW wastes its potential by turning out rehashed formulaic dreck. It's like a guy with a fully decked out art studio getting outclassed by a guy with a box of crayons. This struck me as both odd and as a potential opportunity.

he doesn't care about that pleb shit

It episode there Sup Forums thinks movie success only depends on director

Who gives a fuck about soy wars

>"Whats the difference."

Marvel pays more and makes objectively better films.

inb4 pajeet nu-male replies

Fucking this.
>I noticed a surge of 2049 threads as a backlash to the Star Wars threads and thought we could go meta. It's an honest question.
No you noticed a surge in 2049 because the fucking webrip came out two days ago. Nothing to do with Star Wars.
Fuck off and let Villeneuve choose his own projects, far away from Disney, and far away from cashgrabs franchises, it's the only way to ensure a good movie. SW is run by producers not directors. It will die soon enough because of it and no one can save it if they're not given total creative control. Which Disney will never ever grant them for SW, no matter how talented they are.
And Disney will never bank on a director who made wonderfully made movies but none of which were commercial hits. Because money.

So it will never happen, it would be shit if it did, please stop this fucking circlejerk, SW is fucked and your favorite director will not save it.

Lmao go fuck yourself Marvel shill

Where there is no vision, the people perish.

>stop making threads I don't like!
Hey buddy, you clicked on this. I didn't force you to.

Christopher Nolan is better suited to direct a Star Wars film, Villeneuve makes gems for a small audience whilst Nolan delivers kino to the masses

I think there's an argument to be made that aiming for a smaller, specific audience could only improve Star Wars. The sequels suffer most of all from a desire to please everyone.

who dat?