denis villeneuve

Looks like based Rocco to me.

Villeneuve only made good fil-

Sup Forums's idea of a good director

the new nolan, fincher, etc

literally his best movie

Hack, Talentless Hack

in that case, god have mercy

why do they call him denii when his name is denis?

Mulholland Drive is literally his only good movie

K I N O

Incendies is a terrible movie

kys you fucking idiot

Holy shit how much of a pleb you have to be.

NO NO NO ITS KINO:(((((((

>poor mans Jonathan Glazer

whenever you're ready

i watched sicario last night. was good

you just roll in from stupid town?

that's exactly what a bugman would say. did you just finish reading the list of top movies of the 2000's?

Can you imagine if Jonathan Glazer did BR2049? Would be fucking amazing. Instead we got this Nolan tier hack. FUCK.

Kubrick if you ignore Fear and Desire

The Straight Story is comfy kino

every single movie from Refn is pure kinography

Villeneuve, Fincher, Gibson, Nolan and Lynch are the only directors to have put out Kino in the last 10-15 years. All goys too I believe. Interesting

Fear X was bad
Agree on literally everything else tho
Lanthimos
Sorrentino
Haneke
Scorsese
And many others

I saw "Prisoners" (2013) the other day. Even though it was a highly technically competent film, with great performances all around and something as rare as completely unironic religious themes, I still am left with a sense of emptiness. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just was not good.

Goys? As in Jews? I highly doubt lynch is a Jew

>not including malick of miyazaki, wes anderson, spike Jonze, Michael Mann, Richard Linklater

I enjoy Fear X very much. I can see someone not liking it, but to say it's bad is an overreaction

OK fair enough

Goy mean non-jew

His school shooter flick is really quite bad tbqh. Other than that, yeah, all kino.

Stop posting pics of Manuel Ferrara and claiming hes other people.

Yeah I'll put in Anderson in there but the rest are weak imo

Scorsese for Departed and Shutter Island the rest of his shit after Goodfellas is shit tier. Also movies have to be in English to be Kino. No eurofag hacks

Why in the literal fuck does he not make more movies?

Silence, Wolf of Wall Street, Hugo, Shutter Island, The Departed, The Aviator, Gangs of New York

all absolute kino unless you're a literal pleb

No idea bro. Infuriates me. Sexy beast and Under the Skin are some of the best films of recent

>doesn't mention Raging Bull or Taxi Driver
Hmmm

IÑARRITU AND HIS BIG FAT MEXICAN COCK

Yorgos Lanthimos, anyone?

Blue Velvet??

i only went back to 2000, it's pretty fucking obvious that those are good too

Sexy Beast is one of the few mob/gangster movies that doesn't feel derivative of every other film in the genre. Truly unique. Birth, while suffering from a pretty substantial plot hole, still has a very evocative tone and power to it. And Under the Skin is an audio/visual tour de force. Man is one of the most unique filmmakers in the modern age and he only has 3 films to his credit. HE. NEEDS. TO. MAKE. MORE. FUCK.

you can start OP

Fuck to the yes. Good choice user.

dishonesty

I loved him in The IT Crowd!
>A fire? At a Sea Parks?

there's not many out there who cant contest him for action & night scenes in the city

youtube.com/watch?v=gW0yebyGk-8

pleb.

Please enlighten me. It has all the ingredients of a good film but somehow it's just not. And I can't quite put my finger on it.