I don't understand what's supposed to be funny about this show

I don't understand what's supposed to be funny about this show

the jokes

Ok what shows do you consider funny?

Apparently shit references are "jokes"

I don't know man, if you watched it and didn't find it funny it obviously wasn't your kind of humor. Or something.

We get like 50 "I don't understand Rick and Morty" threads per day.

That isn't exactly helpful to the post. You should persuade him why R&M is funny, not see what shows he thinks is funny so you can say no it isn't.

I don't care about your problems or your need to project them as though you weren't actually the issue here.

This show will only be funny if they call out their retarded audience in the show for making petitions to bring the schezschuan sauce back.

>You should persuade him why R&M is funn

That's retarded and so are you.

Don't think it's funny but it's something to watch

>You should persuade him why R&M is funny

You want me to try to explain to this man why something is funny, guaranteeing that he'll never find it funny (not that he ever would anyway), even though he didn't ask? For what purpose?

It's not a laugh a minute, but it's unique enough to hold my attention and I really like Justin Roiland's voice. The show itself is like 6.5-7/10 but people act like it's complete garbage to be cool

That's a sign of autism OP

>We get like 50 "I don't understand Rick and Morty" threads per day.

If that really is true, or if reality is somewhat close to that then... what does that say about the show?

>Reddit and Memey
>Le nugget sauce

The appeal is the absurdist nihilistic reductionism being applied to high-concept sci-fi, a genre commonly associated with idealism and morality tales. I think that's called "juxtaposition".
It's the degeneracy of the Three Stooges in characters living an existence of literally limitless possibility provided by technological advancement.
That shit's our future cultural identity world-wide. Prepare.

But one doesn't need to comprehend the value of the message, only recognize that others can appreciate the intent for what it is.
I assure you that it's overall message is not one of ill will. In fact it frequently elevates common human connections, empathy, and ethical behavior in it's stories.
It has heart despite itself. And despite not taking that heart or itself seriously.

That Roiland is shitposting on Sup Forums again?

It says far more about this place than it does the show.

Determining why someone doesn't think R&M is funny is best accomplished by figuring out the type of comedy they do enjoy.

R&M isn't true lowest denomination humor, it has a bit of nuance and dark shit in it that you won't enjoy if you lack a certain mind set. So if you don't find the actual humor, which is pretty dark at times funny, and you're not appeased with the bits of humor that are lowest common denominator tier, you're just not going to find the show funny.
And that's okay, not everyone has to like the same thing.

You're thinking too highly of Roland. It's literally the same type of humor he used in his web videos about homeless people fucking corpses. He even used the same two characters over and over again.

You're going to be asking that a lot more when the board is flooded by Rick and Morty threads soon.

Shitposting.Like the tards at Sup Forums spamming "Drumpf" because they cant wrap their heads around the concept of every [current year] president is going to be satirized.Especially if said president have funny hair and skin tone

...and says hilariously awkwardly worded things that only serve to further sink his reputation every few hours

it's like if h.w. died in office and we got dan quayle

It's so random and edgy! I love references!

>Back to the Future!
>Because Science!
Literally R-R-Reddit tier, same reason why people liked Big Bang Theory

Reddit is hugely anti-big bang theory

I don't think they ever try to play the science in rick and morty off as being real ever

Rick and Morty's a mixed bag. Black comedy space adventures are always nice and I like some of the weird not-worldbuilding they put in for no real reason but the "roiland talks real awkwardly and repeats himself a lot for no reason" joke is so tiresome at this point it's not even ripe for parody anymore.

There was this free exploration/walking sim roiland voiced for where he played a character in one of the hidden audio logs that hid pretzels all over the backstage area you were exploring and no shit I think he repeated this exchange of "i'm going to hide pretzels all over the stage/haha just kidding what do you think i am some kind of maniac?" at least... 15 times in one audio log.

I'm gonna need you to take your opinion and shove it way, wayyyyy up your butthold morty

He isn't the only writer. He brings the edgy humor and Harmon brings the character humor.

Then you are probably a dull person with a shit sense of humor. Have a nice day!

If Futurama would air today for the first time then you would say the same and it also would be bs.

Serves as a good sci-fi parody

why should I give a shit?

Jokes mainly

I don't understand what's supposed to be funny about lots of shows. Maybe 90% of comedy shows.

You know what I don't do? I don't start threads about them. Because I'm a functioning human being who understands that not everything in the world has to cater to me.

> 2smart4u

> dumbass asks what's so funny
> ask him what his definition of funny is to Guage his laughometer
>other dumbass chimes in that it's not helpful to know what user finds funny to explain shit to him

Your parents clearly didnt beat you enough growing up and that's just sad

edgy

For me it is obviously salt that Sup Forums produce abut it.

The real kind too, not the meme kind.

I agree but you need to blunt that edge a bit, Jimmy. It's past your bedtime.

Me neither but everyone tells me I'm a contrarian because of this

>dont understand the show
>dont get this kind of attention

ITS NOT FAIR

>it's another "i'm too dumb to get Rick and Morty and I only hate it because it's popular" thread
*sigh

fuck this reddit meme show and the pretentious shit behind it. hated this the moment I saw it.