It's going to be shit isn't it?

Black Ciri
Black Yennifer
Black Triss
Black Dandelion

exclusive sneak peek on Geralt's look for the movie

>Black Dandelion
This will happen, no other way.

Friendly reminder The Witcher books are pretty shit outside of the short stories.

Marked locations are Cintra, Loc Rondurin, Vengeberg, Velen, Ard Carraigh, Blaviken, Caingorn, and Kaer Morhan. Looks like they will be following the short stories.

>Friendly reminder The Witcher books are pretty shit outside of the short stories.
Friendly reminder that you're a pleb or hyperbolizing.

kek

As it should. The mainline story becomes a mess.
No doubt Netflix will still fuck things up.

Why didn't they just redesigned the Wolf logo

Though with cintra there it means the ciri storyline will be there

Probably because it would be compared with the wolf medallion design from the games since it's so synonymous with it.

>I'm gonna ensure a future for the white race

Damn Netflix, just like Trumps America.

hE WAS SEVERAL TIMES IN CINTRA DURING THE SHORT STORIES.
fuck this

>Swarthy olive skinned Nilfgardians
>white
What will Americans think of next?

And they all served to set up the ciri storyline

Fuck, I just realized that of all people they might make him black because he's from south countries, has a weird accent and culture and a WE WUZ.

What are the chances of the Netflix series ending up good? Is it going to be a 100% adaption of the short stories and books?
I enjoyed the games since they took the interesting story lines to adapt and swayed away from where the book was heading.

It really needs to be an animated series.

>Triss
>Even in the first season

Sword of Destiny is the best book by far but the later ones are still mostly good.

If Netflix have aspirations for it to be the next GOT then it will be shit. Hopefully it'll have a small budget and mostly fly under the radar

If it's live action will Charles Dance play him again despite his age?

>White Flame Dancing on the Graves of His Foes
>A black guy

This desk, the w2 opening cinematic and the 2 trailers for w3 are GOAT

>and swayed away from where the book was heading.
But TW3 was the most straightforward crappy fanfiction of the books imaginable. Except for Hearts of Stone. Don't get me wrong, I love Yen and Ciri but TW3's main plot is an absolute derivative mess.

>Netflix

Fitting both to the quality of the books and the artistic direction the games took.

pole here
it's best you don't read the last book

They couldn't possibly animate it to that quality but they wouldn't have to. With good casting, direction, and a decent budget, it could be kino and bring animation back to the west.

Bad bad logo. Too similar to Vikings... WTF Netflix?

>Some of you are cool
>Don't go to Rivia tomorrow

>Celtic knots
Skellige confirmed?

ahh yess cannot wait to see slavic mythology diversified to appease people of all nationality and races

>Character that fucks bitches and bounces the next morning
>Character hated in every village he arrives in after spending just one or two days there
>Character without a real job
>Character that spends what little money he has on flashy clothes
Are we absolutely sure he wasn't a nigger in the books since day one?

No but Skelligers are present in one of the most important parts of what is likely to be the first season.

kek

Why?

Not that guy but Sapkowski was rushed into it and got sick of the series, so wrapped it up as quickly as possible. Except for a few parts it's pretty crap and just there to kill off people and close plot threads.

>6 books into my fntasy series about politics and intrigue
>fuck it let me just write about other dimensions and unicorns and kill 70% of the characters in book 7

>all that wasted black ink

Fuck, I'm deep in book 4.

It's going to go down like this
>it's a metaphorical title lol
>witcher fans need to get out of their moms basement
>witcher casting makes some people uncomfortable. Good
>backlash against casting of netflix's witcher is perpetuated by alt-right russian troll farms
And shit you can do.

>adapt old Chinese story
>we must cast all Arabs because that was where the Disney cartoon was set

>adapt polish story
>ew poles are gross, this is ours now

Tbf that was a Chinese story told by Persians passed to a Frenchman through its Arab popularization IIRC.

>The VVitcher

It sucks. Why do they make it look like some viking shit? Did they only play Witche 3 and thought "WOOOOOW SKELLIGE IS SO RAAAD GUYYYYS PLS MAEK WITCHER LIEK DIS!"

Witcher takes heavily from all North European myth. It's arguably as Celtic as it is Slavic, in fact.

ah ok, so that's why it has to be a vikings spin off? sven, your mufti is calling for the prayer, go to the mosque already

Celts have iconography like that too.

First for the symbol is a lioness chasing a white sun so it's actually a good logo deeply tied to the subject matter. But all you faggots have only played TW3 and don't know that.

can't wait for geralt elba

LA LAYLAYOALYLAYLAYALAYLAYLAYALLL LALALAL

Call me a pleb but what was the original Chinese story you are referring to?

Trans Yennefer, black Triss, Dandelion will be a fag 100%, probably shitskin too.

I hope they learnt something from Castlevania

One Thousand and One Nights. Though I'm not sure the specific story of Aladdin ever took place in China.

Aladdin happens in China.

not gunna lie he looked cool as fuck

witcher's gonna get mafia'd
>slavs make a cool game about the italian mob
>western devs get hired to work on the 3rd game and they immediately make the protagonist a nigger (half-nigger, to be precise)
you know it's coming, we all know it, i don't think that geralt is gonna be a nigger but they're gonna try to "diversify" the cast as much as possible. i remember how the sjws were bitching because everyone was white in witcher 3.
i hate your western faggots so fucking much.

they're literally germany entering into poland

the whole map is lazy as shit, just turn it and skellige is scandinavian countries in the north

I'd argue they're more like the Soviets. The whole thing with using the Scoia'tael to terrorize their enemies then leaving them to die sounds like what Stalin did to Polish resistance fighters. Though it's not a 1:1 analog of course.

>the whole map is lazy as shit
I don't think Sapkowski even worked from a map when he was writing. They made it just for the games.

i dont remember the specifics of Temaria and the scoia, but yeah it seems a mish mash of several nations in history invading poland (romans, germany, some soviet paralels etc)

That's great, just don't call him Geralt

A rare Zerrikanian Witcher from the School of the Monkey.

these fucking games suck who gives a fuck

I laughed.

Here is your (you), you can leave now.

They're bretty gud and TW2 may be the best written vidya ever but this is based on a book series, not some video games.

How badly are normies going to ruin it like they did with GOT?

Bad. Forced love triangle from the start and it'll all be #TeamTriss/#TeamYen shit instead of the sober character treatment of the books.

They're gunna fuck it up, I just know it

Rather than actually focus on world building or mythology they'll turn it into another formulaic pop culture shit like they did with ASOIAF and LOTRs.

kek

They will have to normienize it in some way though. The short stories are often simply Geralt sitting somewhere listening to a guy monologuing at him. It would suck balls without some changes to make it more interesting to watch.

But dandelion actually was a great artist when he wasnt drunk out of his mind.
So no.

>The short stories are often simply Geralt sitting somewhere listening to a guy monologuing at him. It would suck balls without some changes to make it more interesting to watch.
Good acting and writing can make that work. People don't respect dialogue any more. They can normify it by occasionally throwing in an actual monster contract.

And there are many great black artists as well. The problem is that at the end of the day, they're still black.

>The short stories are often simply Geralt sitting somewhere listening to a guy monologuing at him. It would suck balls without some changes to make it more interesting to watch.

>The books are often simply Tyrion sitting somewhere listening to a guy monologuing at him. It would suck balls without some changes to make it more interesting to watch.
-Exactly five seconds before HBO invented sexposition for GOT

Do we know who is writing/directing this inevitable slaughter of one of the few remaining things we have?

its going to get the diversity treatment even though there are no nonwhites in the universe, i just know it.

it's going to be some stupid SJW crap full of black people.

>there are no nonwhites in the universe
Factually wrong.

The writer of fucking Daredevil. Oh, and she's a woman. Yeah, rip.

IDRIS GERALT
E
L
B
A

That's what I mean though. They have to throw in some action like killing monsters to keep people engaged.

>And there are many great black artists as well.
Jazz artists yes, but the cancer that is called black music these days is not.

virtually right

Nilfgaard is a mix of the ancient Roman Empire, the Holy Roman Empire and Nazi Germany.

>retards in this thread thinking 'divide & conquer' is a Soviet strategy

>>there are no nonwhites in the universe
Actually the Zerrikanian chicks are never explicitly described as dark skinned in the story they appear in. That's just everyone's assumption. They could be east Asian or white or something we don't even have in the real world.

This, the video games are the only good things in the franchise