Boomerang just uploaded this to their Facebook account, thoughts?

Boomerang just uploaded this to their Facebook account, thoughts?

Holy fuck they know what's up
Also Chuck Jones is GOAT

How did Hanna and Barbera go from making classic Tom & Jerry to rehashed, copypasted and mostly unfunny shit?

Jones and Avery are the best

>some guy from taiwan

What's up with the text on 5 and 7?

Also CJ is GOAT.

Budget cuts

Their graphic designer at the office literally does not care so instead of making sure all the text was uniform they just lowered the font weight for boxes where there was more text.

It's an edit.

Chuck Jones is the best.

Because the original is not PC.
Bill & Joe were replaced with Ruby, Spears & Takamoto.

Budget, mostly. Theatrical shorts had a big budget compared to TV. Hanna-Barbera developed the mass produced style in order to make cartoons viable on a TV budget.

Why are Bugs Hardaway, Tex Avery and Bob Clampett above a still from Cuck Jones' Rabbit Fire?

It's insulting to Avery and doubly so to Clampett.

But the Ed Benedict years were excellent, it was not until Ruby, Spears & Takamoto shown up that the company jumped shark (until John K shown up with his Jetsons reboot that he made in Taiwan in 1985).

OP fixed it however.

>But the Ed Benedict years were excellent
Yeah no they weren't

Yes, they were.

Not even hiding the fact that you're just aping John K's opinion

No, far from it.

Robert McKimson's late Bugs Bunny cartoons were shit comparison to the old one.

Those were Daffy/Speedy cartoons, no Bugs in there.

He was still better then Alex Lovy however.

Considering Segar and Peyo, it's about people who had a role in creating the characters pictured rather than the person who directed the animation in question.

Sum Gai from Taiwan

I'm pretty sure that no guy named Sum Gai has ever worked for Wang Film.

Top left if I'm being honest. CJ did better action, but top left did characterization better, such as facial expressions and subtle limb movement.

Are all these guys dead?

The Taiwanese guy may still be alive.

Jones and Avery, and it's not even close.

>facebook

bump

Even as a child, there was always something in Friz Freleng art's that put me off....

Chuck, Tex and Robert

The Hanna-Barbera era of Tom & Jerry, directed by Tom Quimby, were amazing.

>fixed it
>Peyo is from Taiwan

He dead.

Fred Quimby only produced them, Bill & Joe directed them.

Pero was from Europe, Taiwan refers to Wang Film, a animation studio in Taiwan.

Always wanted to tell the difference between Looney Tunes directors but never really could.

Jones is the most refined, has "skinnier" models and is the basis for how the characters are drawn today.

Clampett is the wacky, squash and stretch guy, known for intentionally going off-model for slapstick purposes, also tends to get a bit surreal at times.

McKimson's character designs tend to be "fatter" than the others.

Freleng's designs were just boring.

bump

>Some Guy from Taiwan
MY SIDES

souless dead eyes? half assed backgrounds? woobly lineart? oversaturated colors? you can pick any

Why was Jones so fucking GOAT in Looney Tunes but so mediocre with Tom and Jerry anyway? Was it just that by the time he got on board Tom and Jerry other parts of production were losing quality, was it that his style just didn't flow with Tom and Jerry, or was something else going on? It's always baffled me that he went from producing some of the most iconic sequences in animation history to his middling Tom and Jerry shorts in such a short period of time.

I like Clampett and Avery. I like Jones too but not as much as the former two. Don't know why, maybe it's a preference for zany, cartoony animation.

Should i have known...

Segar is the creator of popeye, yeah. But has he worked directly on any of the fleischer shorts?