This show had so much potential but it all got torpedoed to cram in a romance

This show had so much potential but it all got torpedoed to cram in a romance.

How would you rewrite it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
strawpoll.com/48cdgwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't mind the romance, frankly.

I wouldn't really change a thing, but give it 12 episodes instead of 10. I think that would fix the pacing.

More romance

There are really nothing wrong except rushed narrative due to 10 episodes.

Add more episodes. Keep everything including the romance.

blah blah blah more suicidal Jack
blah blah blah Aku is keeping order
blah blah blah guardian is final opponent

All terrible ideas by the way

More episodes, that's it honestly

Keep the Jashi

I wouldn't rewrite; it's great as-is.

Have Jack keep the beard/long hair. Change the Ashi vs Army fight by cutting the army down to a few dozen dudes.

Leave out the mary sue, and don't really introduce any new characters other than the robot in the first episodes or one off characters.

Focus on actually finishing the story that was already established.

Just make Ashi to be Jack's student. Dedicate the episode to building an army of Jack's past allies.

Also, a better final battle between Ashi and her mother. Cut out the orc fight.

All the show needs is two or three more episodes to space things out a bit more.

Just more episodes and more subtly to Ashi and Jack's relationship. Beyond that, it really does just suffer from pacing. The show has blown its load on a lot of stuff too early, just because there's no time

>mary sue

The romance would've been fine if Ashi wasn't so damn boring. Just give her a personality and it'd be 10/10.

Wouldn't change a thing, other than adding another couple of episodes to space things out more.

>leave out the mary sue
why do you want to get rid of Jack?

I don't get this memecomplaint. Ashi has just as much personality as Jack.

Show's fine, just a bit poorly paced in parts. I'd do what everyone else has already said and add a couple more episodes to it.

Aside from more episodes to better space things out, the Omen thing needed more relevance than it actually had, getting the sword back didn't make any sense, and Ashi and Jack's romance needed more foundation.

Ask for two more episodes. It would have gone better in my opinion if each threat and progression was somewhat stable.
>EP 1-3: Sisters Arc
>EP 4-6: Suicide Arc
>EP 7-9 Sword Arc
>EP 10-12 Slay Aku Arc

>gets defeated in 7v1
>mary sue
????

I would make it a one hour movie where jack gets into a portal and kills aku.
Fuck this whole season.
Its not bad but its pointless since its a wrap up season.
Stacking all this plot is just milking the season.
>jack is gritty
>jack is suicidal
>jack doesnt have the sword
>jack is using different weapons
>jack has to kill humans
>scrap all that now is classic jack again
The love interest wasnt horribly done but it felt like gendy was just rewarding jack before he retired him.

This. Jack serially dates all of the Daughters of Aku. Ends up marrying 4 of them.

Absolutely disgusting

This, but add in a more father/daughter feel. She's only had an abusive mother and Jack is the nicest male role model she's ever had. Ever. Have her have "are you proud of me, Jack?" Moments.

I think that romance was the best part, but then again, I have a girlfriend and you are a frustrated virgin...

Props to the user who wrote and the one who capped this

Shouldn't you be on /vg/ bitching about games you haven't played?

That's really stupid and awful, though.

this
also, we already had a two-parter in which the Scotsman saves Jack

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4

We don't do that here Abdul.

Just get like 5-6 more episodes. Can't believe genndy didn't just do this. What a fucking hack

>Change the Ashi vs Army fight by cutting the army down to a few dozen dudes.
Remove the army entirely and have more mom fighting / have her fight the THICC one as well. It was just a random army out of nowhere and there was no context provided as to why the mom was there at the same time.

As long as Sword means Dick, I completly agree.

Ashi shouldn't even exist. Who's idea was it to shoehorn a new protagonist in the final season when they barely have enough material to properly develop Jacks character and conclude his story. It's no coincidence that the pacing went to complete shit the moment she became a main character.

My theory that shoehorned romance ruins everything still prevails.

Notice how som of the best movies/games/comic books have zero to oittle romance?

Not a damn thing, this is the best reboot in years.

The sword is fucking magic, the gods taking away said magic sword until Jack finds his way again is not that big a stretch. And Ashi's been foreshadowed since episode one, it's virtually impossible to set it up more without adding more episodes and end up looking even more rushed.

I would send more time on the redemption of Ashi, instead of rushing it so that she can be Jack's love interest

Yeah sure, "that one user". Certainly not you samefagging this shit idea, not at all!

You can't just add 'meme' to everything and expect people to take you seriously

Yes.

stupid tripfag, nobody cares about your shitty opinions

strawpoll.com/48cdgwg

Related. The objectively correct option is winning.

make her a disciple instead of a love interest

I hate Jashi because it continues the myth that women feel love for men and dont just want to swallow cum for eternity.

t.r9k

kek

>boo hoo, there is a romance that I didn't expect or desire
You are just as bad as the shippers who drop shows when their ship turns out not to be canon.

But its true, women dont feel love all they care about is cock and vagina sensations its really despair inducing when you realize that sociopathic jerks are what women have always desired.

Cut out the army completely and Just have it be Ashi vs her mother, only for a while we have no idea who's hunting Jack and she tries to kill him from the shadows. Maybe throw in a few cultists during the first round and then shock us with the Mother's reveal.

muzlim and / or mormon detected

Terrible. Ashi needs to stay. Jack's no longer being alone is a great way to wrap up a character.

mfw I voted for the most popular one and saw the results

>because it continues the myth that women feel love for men and dont just want to swallow cum for eternity
women love men who are actually worth loving, so not you user

woah

Keep the romance but change how Jack treated Ashi in episode 4. He treated her like a child and that's what brought the daughterfags on board

So the only solution is to turn gay? Is that what you mean?

>worth loving

What does this even mean? Is this some bullshit you women say when you cant admit you lust for psychopaths?

In addition women cannot feel love for men unless they are their sons or genetic relatives. Even these psychopathic men are nothing more than objects for women to use to get vaginal sensations then discard when they cant get any thrill any more.
You cannot turn gay, you are born gay.

I would just add more Ghost Jack.

He's hilarious.

Your beta nonsense will not fool me user!

I can't wait for your next blog about the evil, sexist Sup Forums that uses screen captures of your own posts.

Beta is believing women can love men, I honestly wish I had no consience so I could stop feeling this pain in my heart.
It is true fact of reality

The most brutal and savage of men breed the most beautiful of women. Pay close attention to what kind of men created the majority of our species, brutal men who raped hundreds of women and beat them up because they wanted to.

Seven babies are born and compete to be the assassin that takes down Jack. Ashi leaves alone and goes after him. First three/four episodes are basically the same.

Ashi travels the globe learning of what Jack's done. She doesn't scrub off her black suit; it slowly crumbles the more she learns. She meets Jack at the site of his old home, still surrounded by spirits. This part's mostly the same.

Jack and Ashi look for Jack's sword. Jack goes on his meditation journey, Ashi fights. She eventually fights and kills her mother, and the last of her black suit falls off. They comment on eachother's new looks and Jack can be all cute and flustered now.

Then maybe rewrite the last episode we had to be a little less cliche, have Ashi wear one of Jacks MANY spare robes and make a joke about it, then they kiss at the end.

There, Genndy. I FIXED IT, YOU'RE WELCOME.

This sounds shit as well.

Why is Sup Forums so bad at this?

Who cares if she hasn't come?!
It's time to end it. Don't you think?
How much longer can you keep it up?!

Keep telling yourself that if it lessens the burning realization season 5 could have been good with a competent story editor.

Exactly the same, except add more titties.

The show died with him, rest in piss sepeku jack

Because Sup Forums didn't storyboard for 13 years, you ningen.

>that moment when you realize people posting here with zero industry experience or any clue how actual production processes function think they can do a better job than Genndy and other people who've been screenwriting, story-boarding, drawing, and doing this shit for decades upon decades

The cognitive dissonance is incredible.

Oh, and maybe have Ashi be rough and contradicting, just so she has a character and can interact with Jack a little more.

>that option is only at 70% instead of 90%

She is just gonna die or turn on him anyway. Nothing good happens to Jack for long. Imagine this portal is her dead body.

who dis op?

So is this ironically suppose to be bad?

>Imagine this portal is her dead body.
>Aku just flopping Ashi's lifeless corpse right out of Jack's reach as he cries hysterically

s-stop it

>aku dangling ashis corpse above jack
I would laugh for eons

I'll give you movies but name me some popular games/comics that have Zero Romance

Pussy. That shit's hilarious.

Remove the pointless padding in most episodes, and use the time to give more focus to whatever theme the episode was trying to go for.

Example: Remove or lessen the rather pointless fight scenes in the last episode and focus more on the budding romance to at least make it seem more I dunno, logical?

Of course this is assuming that you don't change the story or remove Ashi. Much of this show's problem comes from its padding where they spend 80% of the episode either dragging out one point or scene for far too long.

Foolish samurai! She is still warm though, and I am a benevolent shapeshifting master of darkness. You can have the remains.

Remember to use a condom so you don't get corpse babies.

I knew, that you knew, that I knew that YOU knew, that I knew, that you would rape Ashi to death.

So I hid fake Ashis ALL OVER THIS PLACE

>12 episodes
Won't we have only 10?

>it's just the corpses of the other 6

Foolish samurai can't read apparently. It is you who wants to rape Ashi. 's corpse.

kek

/thread

>Aku appears out of nowhere
>SAMURAI, YOU-
>pauses as he notices Ashi
>OH, WHAT HAVE WE HERE?
>sniffs the air before smiling widely
>FOOLISH WOMAN!
>points at Ashi dramatically
>YOU THOUGHT MERE WATER COULD WASH AWAY MY EVIL?
>quickly places his hand on the ground, sending a shadow towards Ashi. She gasps as the darkness slowly envelops her, holding her to the earth as it climbs up to her neck
>NOW WITNESS THE POWER OF AKU!
>Unable to control her body, Ashi begins to attack Jack, freaking out all the while
>NOW CHOOSE, SAMURAI!
>YOUR LIFE...OR HERS!
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This OP had so much potential but instead he torpedoed his mouth into cocks

How do we fix him?

>condoning rape in today's society

>implying rape should ever be condoned

Honestly has is the most Samurai Jack post in this thread. Chicken Tenndy Tartakovsky doesn't do happy endings.

There was always going to be a romance.

Jack's journey is ending and they're sending him off with fresh pussy as well.

The writers want Jack to be happy and so should you.

Stop being a little bitch.

Kill him off before the first reply. Have it revealed in a shocking twist that he was actually straight, no one will see that one coming

Plus Ashi is based off Genndy's childhood crush/ girlfriend.

This, if it was it would be harder to catch the rapist