Finishing the Art of the Force Awakens

Finishing the Art of the Force Awakens
Last thread

JJ the true kinographer that we deserve

I wonder how these dudes felt once the movie came out.
It seems like they were having fun trying new ideas and different shit and then the movie was the most generic piece of crap possible.

God damn it

That red mask looks fucking stupid.

they used that mask for the Kanjiklub guards

They bothered making a blueprint of the new Xwing even though it has only slight differences.

>Seven Light
In the shooting schedule I think these, or the Clan, were the good guys.

>Flashback: Exterior Night Battlefield – Fierce battle! Sword is being use by the CLAN against THE SEVEN.
>Flashback: Exterior Night: the last man is down and Kylo Renn approaches Rey!
>Flashback: THE SEVEN are looting and we see Rose in the foreground taking “the object.”

Kylo kills one of them in Rey's vision with his guys. I supose this is the CLAN VS THE SEVEN

But who the fuck knows what this was even supposed to be? Knights of Ren vs Luke's Padawan's? Rian just dropped it.

Fuck these movies

>tfw we won't get a female sith ever... especially a skimpy twi lek hotty sith lord

The Force Awakens is an ok film (but not the one they should have made) because the early creativity and open possibilities propelled it forward. The main plot is a direct mirror but you still have some of these interesting elements from the art book going on around it. With The Last Jedi the tide has gone back out and the creative exploration is gone and they tear apart what washed up while offering nothing interesting.

that falcon/tie intertwined fight would have been pretty cool

wtf thats a cool shot. a lot better than the Snoke hologram.

droid fights
mermaids
good lord this could've been great

Kira sounds a million times more interesting than Rey.

Where's the fish picture? You know the one.

so does a wet fart

I don't actually, fish picture?

It seems like TLJ didn't use anything from the art book. Well, it didn't really use anything from TFA except the main characters (without developing them). That's just something I can't understand. How can two movies of a same trilogy can be made so separately, it's unbelievable.
I'm not a fan on TFA, but it at least introduced some new things that could get better in the next episodes, but it didn't...

It's reaction face used on Sup Forums. That alien looks like the fish.

A lot of the early art is from Michael Arndt's script.

blobfish

how many people work on Concept Art? should hire a bunch of people and have them work on random stuff and then jam it all together so it purposefully doesn't match up (make the galaxy seem like its a lot of different cultures mixing together)

Oh, thought is was SW related.

those transports are good
shame we got that abortion bwing

That's what Lucas did on the prequels.

That "bike" looks pretty nice.

the drill is nice
so many diferent stuff, none put in place
sad

>didn't make the Rogue One squad into the Knights of Ren
Boo. Boo-urns

I wondered how they felt during this TLJ scene where Snoke says the mask is shit and Kylo destroys it.

Basically

>we dedicated a shit ton of energy and creativity for this but we ended up on page 1 regardless

If I was a LucasArts artist, I would just draw stick figures all day since it's not likely anyone will give a shit regardless.

>refuses the duster in TFA
>refuses to wear anything but a tshirt in BR2049

does Harrison Ford have a problem with coats past a certain length?

Of course JJ wants it to be reflective and chrome. How else would he get a lens flare out of it.

Do you not know how concept art works?

To be honest, it had to go. It had no in-universe justification in TFA and made him look like he was LARPing. Which TLJ confirmed. I wish it had served a purpose, but it didn't.

Holy this page has ton of cool designs. Imagine The Phallus in film ready to penetrate shields.

I know most ideas aren't used by from what I have seen in both threads they used like 1% of this shit and went with generic crap instead.

TFA established he was LARPing Vader

Are you talking about bulk media downloader? IT WORKS LIKE FUCKING SHIT, WON'T EVEN POPULATE A PROPER FUCKING LIST WITH IMAGES, GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU LITERAL FUCKING RETARD, THIS ADDON IS FUCKING TRASH

still no female sith in canon DAMNIT (Seventh Sister doesn't count)

I would've loved that sledgehammer, it wouldve make the new republic more powerful, get rid of the lightspeed passing shields and the phasma shit

This all looks so bland and generic compared to the OT and PT art. Is this the power of postmodernism?

Well, that's the main issue with TLJ though. Instead of developing some details and providing a story, it just chose to destroy things that they didn't know what to do about, which is way too easy...

>J.J. kept on going back to the original set of the Death Star
Color me surprised.

Go look at last thread, JJ is on board at this point

Look at the previous thread. Before JJ shoved his ANH rehash down their throats, the artists were going absolutely wild.

This is NOT OSHA approved.

Yeah the Vader mask is tied to the search for Vader's remains or search for the death star under the sea idea. I despise that Kylo has gone from trying to uncover secrets of the past and talking to Vader's mask to saying "you know what, fuck it. None of this old shit matters"