Was blade runner 2049 too deep for modern audiences to understand?

Was blade runner 2049 too deep for modern audiences to understand?

Probably. If it was 10 years ago it would have been considered a classic.

Capeshit has dumbed everything down.

Too mediocre honestly. This movie is not very good.

Short answer: yes. Nearly everyone I knew who saw it said it was “too long” and/or “too slow”. Pleb filter 101.

No it was terribly paced (worse than the original)

It went from very interesting and captivating to boring as fuck constantly

there's nothing deep about it

This. Badly needed a real editor

And a less dishonest hack director

>t. capeshit fan

If you think there is something deep to understand about it you're retard

this, second half is boring at times.

I feel like the only one who genuinely wasn't impressed by the cinematography, feels like I've seen that vaguely grimy version of the future hundreds of times (though this admittedly added some interesting detail). worth seeing but ultimately forgettable

That sweet spot between normies and people who know how to read that makes fedoralords and teenagers cream their pants.

>Capeshit has dumbed everything down.
this includes Bladerunner (2017)

BvS is deep enough for you. Stay there.

The flashback scenes were unnecessary probably my only criticism also because the rebel leader was fucking cringey and a terrible actress

There was nothing all that smart about it, the story was disappointingly simple really especially after being hyped up by you lot.

Ex-machina was far better and I say this as a fan of Villeneuve's work. (To to be fair I'm a fan of Garland's too..)

You have to see a movie in order to understand it. It's not too deep for someone who never watched it.

For the grim grey polluted cityscape they literally used modern day photos of cities like london, NY and china as inspiration and they look quite similar in atmosphere depending on the day desu. There was a vfx video on it by the team

The demiurge though

It was not that deep but it was enough complex and layered to make many casual viewers uncomfortable
>too long
>slow and boring
that's what some of my friends said out of the theater.
The movie could have been even more subtle with some messages, but then the reception would have been even more controversial

They keep talking about the off world colonies but it's never shown. It's seemed like a missed opportunity for great visuals imo

I understand that they were trying to do something for connecting humanity and reproduction like the first one did for humanity and mortality, but it... it's just not there, man. There's no deeper meaning, nothing nearly so profound as the "tear in rain" speech made at the original Blade Runner's end.

I was waiting for a penny to fall that never did. Colossally disappointing.

it's not deep
the main themes are simple and easy to understand
2049 not being a pretentious 2deep4u movie while still being different is what I like best about it
it's just too long and too slow for a dwindling movie audience
it's going to be perfect for getting comfy and re-watching during weekend evenings at home though

That's more a failure of your worldview than any fault with the film, user.

I'd say that was the moment on that bridge/overpass where K spots the Joi ad.

It's a great movie even without all the deep meanings. The problem is rather that modern audiences just can't take a film like that where there isn't an explosion or big action scene every 10-15 minutes.
The film is a slow burner and people nowadays are mentally just too hectic and fleeting to be immersed in something like that.

Honestly I thought they could have executed bringing over the layered themes a bit better. I was confused at one point. Also, the movie drags a bit. Visually very very enthralling, build up was very good until K reached Vegas, when the movie kinda grinded to a halt and couldn't deliver on its own superb build up.

There is stuff wrong with this movie, but I still like it.

No, it's just a shitty compromise between regular scifi-action-blockbusters and kino proper. Too slow-paced, meandering and pretentious for audiences looking for a thrilling flick, too ham-fisted, shallow and banal for someone expecting "heady" arthouse, it hangs in this limbo only really appealing to semi-conscious neckbearded paytrishoons who scoff at both 'le capeshit normies' and 'le highfalutin criterionfags'. One of those works that perfectly fits the dishonest filmmaking copypasta. The ratings by critics and audience are entirely correct in my opinion, because it does indeed stand out among the heaps of utter trash that has been churned out lately, but isn't really a great movie on its own merit.

Blade Runner 2 is dumbed down compared to the original. You have an obviously evil cartoon villain with his henchman, no real interesting themes to speak of, cliched "resistance" army, actual flashback scenes to spell things out for the stupid audience, plus a ton of plot holes/lazy writing.

How so?

You are more invested in the fear of your own death than reproducing.

wew looks like we've found the redditor

>. You have an obviously evil cartoon villain with his henchman
He was awful. Movie should have centered around the replicant resistance/uprising and k having to choose a side

...Well, shit, I guess you got me there.

Is that meant to imply that the movie would've clicked more with women than men?