What teams to you want to see on issues #1,000? What about in an ideal world?

What teams to you want to see on issues #1,000? What about in an ideal world?

I'm gonna go full meme and say Grant Morrison on writing, Alex Ross on art

I'd hope Tynion would be off of Tec by that point, but I don't think that's likely.

Anthology with a variety of writers and artists. Each story and creative team write a story from a different era of the character.

>
Paul Dini writing a backup for both.

This is both what I hope and expect.

Which is why I dont think is that much a meme, its likely they'll do something for these.

Will Detective have a big #1000 or a big #1027?

Both.

Honestly there aren't really any writers working for the big 2 right now that I have a lot of faith in. I'd rather they bring back some heavy hitters like O'Neil and Morrison

Action Comics has to have Grant Morrison.

I just hope they don't just do a bunch of short stories to give a lot of writers a chance to be in the issue. Not against having multiple writers and back ups but I feel the main story should be relevant to the series going forward and not just a whole issue of nostalgia, though obviously some is welcome.

Also this would be the right time to bring back the trunks.

I don't know what I want from Detective's #1000 but I have time to think on it.

If they do go for multiple stories, Detective needs one drawn by Mignola.

Agreed.

The sad reality is that Jurgens is going to write Action 1000
However I think we can expect some back-ups by Morrison and Waid

>Waid
I can't wait for Action #1000 back up featuring a message of cultural enrichment

Jurgens on Action Comics and Tynion on Tec.

They won't get the headlining story of the issue, DC is going to make these the best sellers of their respected years.

I would love to see Morrison write both but I think it's more likely the main feature for Action will be Morrison and Ross and Detectice will be Snyder and Lee.

Slightly unrelated but it's always funny when liberals say 'Superman is an immigrant, too!'
Yeah, but he came here as an infant, and was raised by american values
And whenever something comes back from krypton's past (Eradicator, Doomsday, Phantom Zone criminals etc.) it's always a catastrophe
Fuck kryptonian culture

50 years of Superman comics disagree. Fuck Byrne for taking Krypton away from Superman. Nothing to do with immigration or whatever, but it's like removing Asgard from Thor and Thor saying, "It is Midgard that made me."

The last crop of these big anniversary issues (I think it was Superman 700, Batman 700, WW 600, and Action 900?) were all bad to mediocre, so I hope they put their shit together now
1000 issues are such a big fucking landmark that they can't afford to fuck this up

Is the Thor/Supes comparison valid? Thor seems way more tied to Asgard than Superman to Krypton.

The last one was Detective Comics #27, user. And it was good.

Not completely the same, but pre crisis Superman actually remembered his life on Krypton and had a sense of longing and nostalgia for it.

Will it make money? Then both!

Shit, I totally forgot about that
The Snyder-Murphy story was awesome, and the others were decent, too
DetCom 900 was also okay

Really? But Superbaby was a thing. I distinctly remember silver age Kal flying around in nurseries and such

yeah but Thor for the majority of his existence as a character has lived there. He was even king of it for a good while until Odin came back
a more apt comparison would be taking away Earth from Starlord

Action 800 and 900 both had things like this, a lot of collab with various creators.

Make it a 100 page issue and give 8-10 page stories to some big names of the industry. Not necessarily writers who have written them in the past.

moore on action
gaiman on tec

From the catalog thumb I just noticed something I'd never noticed before.

h-hypercrisis?

Tynion writing a story similar to Batman #52, but for all of the team.

O'Neil, Dixon, Morrison, Dini, and Snyder all writing something. I almost want to add Rucka, but as much as I love him as a writer, I HATE him writing Bruce.

Brad Meltzer nowhere near it.

'Tec #27 2 was ok. A couple great stories and a lot of meh

Just as planned. Fuck you Morrison, this is my schitck today

Gaiman on detective comic, he already said he has. A batman story to tell, and Morrison on detective comic.

Sadly we will have to read some. Introduction by Johns.

Basically everyone who they can get back who has written or drawn Action/Superman and Detective/Batman.

Who is the oldest living Action/Detective writer or artist that is still alive and working I wonder ?

Denny O'Neil would be one.

Did you mean Morrison on Action? Not that I wouldn't want him on detective because his Batman run is one of my favorite comic runs, but he definitely seems to love Superman the most.

Bringing O'Neil on would be great

Bring back bill Finger

>Waid
Not when he is banned from DC.

We don't live in an ideal world. They'll both be $10 "anniversary issues that both consist on 15 5 page shorts by shitty artists and authors that might as well be out of continuity for how much they matter.

If that makes you happy...

It doesn't.

That at least had a couple of good stories

Nah 4.99 is generally what DC goes to special issues, sometimes 7.99 but it won't be 9.99

It would be very crazy, and would never happen, but I'd love to see Moore do AC 1000, in the same vein of Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow, but dealing with Superman's role in the medium three quarters of a century after his debut.

Honestly I wouldn't really want it. That issue should be a celebration and Moore is too pessimistic.

Have you read whttmot?

Not him but I think he meant Moore is to pessimistic about superheroes now. He's not the same guy that wrote wehttmot anymore and he hasn't been for a long time

Agreed and upvoted

100 page giant sized mind fuck.

>Not 1000 page giant

they bring back curt swan from the dead

>And whenever something comes back from krypton's past (Eradicator, Doomsday, Phantom Zone criminals etc.) it's always a catastrophe
What about Krypto and Supergirl?

This, but each story is an issue sized at least.

1000, because it's entirely possible they would go back to issue 1 afterwards.

>Batman 700
>Time and the Batman
>bad
What's it like having shit tastes

That's not going to happen at least not for a while. They are going to want to reveal in being the first comic book to be in the four digits

I want them to be 1,000 pages.

Depends on double shipping but it would probably be the second. Action is like 20 issues ahead of Tec.

1) Full issue continuing the work of the current series by the current team.
2) Several backups by all of DC's best. Everyone they can get.
3) The original #1 issue to show where they came from.
4) Artwork pages and interviews.

That's bigger than most Omnibuses

muh wallet's telling me no
but muh weiner
muh weiner's telling me yes

Sorry I thought we were talking about Action. Yes Detective will be about a year or more behind Action hitting one thousand. Detective is the older book but Action Comics Weekly in the eighties put it ahead in number of issues.

Give me Alan Moore, Mark Waid and Grant Morrison on writing, with Alex Ross double shifting for the painting AND writing.

First comic book ever to hit 1,000,000 sales, both of them.

AC: 90 page 5.99 special issue, 2 stories. first half, young Clark starting out, showcasing the early aspects of the character by Morrison and Doc Shaner. Second half, the more modern aspects of the character, written by a non scouser Ennis in fanboy mode, with Frank Cho on art.
All under the backdrop of Rebirth Supes going to the fortress and trying to piece back together his past via Visions/Fortress-fuckery

Tec: Same general idea, Denny O'Neil and Francavilla on the early era, Rucka/Brubaker and Sean Murphy on the second half. the pretense being Bruce .....discovering his new past, could be some old diary Alfred gives him or something tied into all the Watchmen fuckery in rebirth.

....I thought way too much about this, but i am kinda drunk.

>The original #1 issue to show where they came from.
That's sixty-four pages right there

Pretty sure he only means the Superman story, maybe add in Zatara.

Tec wouldn't really work though unless they just put Batman in it anyway.

Alex Ross would have to have started like 2 years ago

If anything deserves a variant cover gimmick it'd be one of these. Imagine the nonsense if DC announced there would be 1,000 Variant Covers, all random, a lot by actual artists but the rest from fan submissions because hot damn that's a lot covers. Be really fun to involve the fans in it even though a lot of them would be shit but imagine some kid draws up Superman or Batman and gets it on a cover of Action Comics or Detective comics #1,000, that'd be the sort of shit you keep with you forever.