How close are we to $1B ??

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel17a.htm
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-cinemas-uk-us-box-office-gross-a7729896.html
variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-snatched-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-1202422437/
businessinsider.com/king-arthur-box-office-bomb-2017-5
deadline.com/2017/05/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-king-arthur-bombing-snatched-amy-schumer-box-office-1202088670/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-bomb-alert-pricey-king-arthur-headed-weak-25m-debut-1002460
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's going to settle at mid $800mil. It's not touching $1B with a pole.

It will be hilarious when this shit flops.

It's passing the billion for sure.

Just asking when.

Half there but has tough competition by the end of the month. Locked for 900mll though.

Currently, it's at $501 million. I think it has a fighting chance to get a billion, but only if we see how well the second week does. I mean, how big is the droppoff the second weekend?

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel17a.htm

Keep in mind, Furious 8 made like, 500 the first weekend and then 900 the second.

No, it's fucking not. People who can actually do math with the movies have already said so. It didn't catch on at all in China. RDJ's streak of being the only thing in Marvel movies that will allow them to cross $1B will live on.

>shit
Never about husbando Rocket.
Ever.

Fuck, am I a furry, or am I into bestiality?

>we
I still live with my mom, dude
If you mean Disney, yeah, they're close

It might fall short, otherwise I'd say July-August.

Going to see it again this weekend without feeling guilty because I support my local indie theatre. This summer there's just an avalanche of garbage until July.

Yeah but chinks love FF
Do chinks like Marvel films?

its already losing steam at the box office

>Keep in mind, Furious 8 made like, 500 the first weekend and then 900 the second.
Completely different scenario. GotG2 opened everywhere around the same weekend, hence the large amount. F8 opened in China the week after. GotG2 opened $48mil in China. F8 opened at $185mil in China. GotG2 isn't crossing $1b.

China is' gonna bring $300M more, that's basically fact.

>GotG2 opened to half the amount of CA:CW in China.
>CA:CW took in $180mil in China
>HURR $300mil A LOCK
Blind loyalty Marvelshills are the biggest cancer in this board.

Inflation you dumb shit

>China is' gonna bring $300M more, that's basically fact.

Right now Guardians 2 is losing against some Indian film in China money wise and the Guardians to only made like 50 million or is projected to make that

>Inflation
Right...

>Inflation
what inflation????? Do you even know the meaning of that word?

Even this will be a strong finish. Isn't it only (not derogatorily just in comparison to 800m-1b) at like mid 500 right now?

That'll take a herculean extension and growth in the third week.

not trying to be a faggot, but it most likely won't user. That's not to say it isn't doing well and that it wont most likely be the highest earning CBM of the year.

I just checked and it's not even at 500m like I guessed above.

So are we getting 900 or 950 millions?

It's 540M as of today.

Internationally Guardians 2 is up to $325.8 million, pushing its global cume over $500 million as it is set to open in Japan, its final overseas market, this weekend. The original Guardians of the Galaxy opened with $2 million in Japan before delivering $9.5 million overall.

>Isn't it only (not derogatorily just in comparison to 800m-1b) at like mid 500 right now?
Yes, but it opened in all territories near simultaneously. There isn't a place it can open that will give it a massive jump in a later week like what we saw with F8 between now and the end of it's run.

>am I a furry, or am I into bestiality?
Do you like him solely for his body, or also for his personality?

>GotG2 opened $48mil in China. F8 opened at $185mil in China.
JESUS CHINA!

>Nothing else until WW 4 weeks from now
it's gonna pass 1B and all the contrarians in this thread know it

chances are that its going to stop at 700m

>and the Guardians to only made like 50 million or is projected to make that
Did you have a stroke? Should I call someone?

>It's not touching $1B
But what if it does?

King Arthur is taking away money from Guardians this weekend and Alien is coming next week

Marvel is holding back the numbers to reduce pressure on Spiderman

It's not crossing $1b. It'll do well, I want it to do well, but it isn't crossing $1b.

Athur isn't taking money away from anyone.

1/3 body? He's so little.
2/3 personality. He's so angry about being so little.

On topic: I'm actually really shocked at how poorly it's doing in China. There's no ghosts, no big black Harambes, and... Oh, wait, there's a god (Small G) being killed. Now I'm just shocked it didn't get banned.

>King Arthur is taking away money from Guardians this weekend and Alien is coming next week
And the week after Disney is going to cannibalize itself promoting the new Pirates movie.

Probably. The blockbuster sandwich starts in june. I can't see anything passing 1b except maybe trannies 5. Then followed by guardians, minions or homecoming.

I like how we're at the point where everybody knows MCU movies will be a success so now the only real criteria of "failure" would be "Ha! See it didn't make a billion!"

>King Arthur is taking away money from Guardians this weekend
You're not serious. Like every movie source is calling the movie a bomb and that GOTG2 will dominate the weekend

>And the week after Disney is going to cannibalize
not really, Guardians will be over and forgoten by that time, I don't see too many people talking about the movie either, memes or anything like that beyond sometimes reading ''Mary Popins Y'all!'' or something in comment sections

>You fuckers actually thought you could pass $1bil without me?
>My next movie appearance will cost you $60mil instead of the $50mil you paid in CW.
>I don't care, just keep cutting the CGI budget to get that cash.

A hell of a drug, user.

>I don't see too many people talking about the movie
This is literally exactly what you people said before the movie came out

What exactly do you quantify as "people talking about it"? Do you go on every forum or something?

Wait, King Arthur is actually making money? Last I heard, it barely squeaked past $1 million.

>Do you go on every forum or something?
Do you? I mean, is it your unpaid job?

popular dorky youtube reviewers are praising the film and it has a 74% rate of ''addiences want to see it'' on RT

and guuess what, already taking attention from guardians, according to box office mojo guardians is going to make about 60 million this weekend and King Arthur is around 40 and projecting to make more .

Saying it like it is is a *good trait* and *powerful weapon* for cunts and idiots tho.

>King Arthur
user, please. They had to make up twitter accounts to promote that shit. Only pirates and probably alien too, unless ridley fucks it harder than prometheus.

peopole on facebook posting shit about it, facebook news pages and dorky pages talking about it, posting fanart, etc

You are not seeing that kind of hype for this one

IT'S GONNA MAKE MORE MONEY THAN BVS
???
HOW CAN IT MAKE MORE MONEY THAN BVS ?!!!????

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Wait, King Arthur is actually making money?
Lolno

It is?

Fun fact: some guy on DA is tracking GotG2's box office gross with a series of increasingly-inflated Mantis pictures.

Well it's currently tracking better than it's predecessor which was only 100m less than BvS and, aside from Age of Ultron, is tracking better than any other MCU first sequel so it's possible

Brad Jones, the man who defended fucking GIGLI, hated it. Mojo can predict all they want, but the word of mouth for this film has been abysmal.

>constantly using box office numbers for validation of anything

seriously GotG vol. 3 is already underway so its successful enough, why waste your breath on anything else

>King Arthur is taking away money

>GotG2 won't even cross $1bil with all the hype and dicksucking.
>Audience was 75% over 25-years old, meaning the Marvel audience is growing up and no new blood being added.
>Marvel's floundering everywhere but the movies, which has now clearly plateaued.
>Disney's new cash cow is Star Wars and princess remakes.
How many years until Disney decides it's squeezed all it can from Marvel and sells it off to some Chinese banking conglomerate? I'm thinking 5-10 years.

Vol2 it's a superior product to anything the dcucks have or will ever shit out.

>it has a 74% rate of ''addiences want to see it'

That number is always pretty high, it doesn't mean shit.

At what point will Captain America action figures and Spider-Man pajamas not sell by the truckload?

The only IP of note that Disney ever gave away was fucking Power Rangers, and that was because Saban was convinced, unlike Disney, that there was still money to wring out of it. Given the wild, runaway success of the reboot film... I think Disney was probably in the right.

I saw it.

Ridley actually fucked it up harder.

FUCKING WASPS

Not soon enough. At least we'd get an inevitable SJW purge from chink overlords.

>and King Arthur is around 40 and projecting to make more .
That's the exact opposite of what's been reported. You know people can look this stuff up right?

>Alien wasps
I'm intrigued.

>GotG2 won't even cross $1bil
Is this really the kind of thing we take as "Ha, suck it Marvel" now?

Does anybody even remember a time before Iron Man was a thing?

>King Arthur
>Making money

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

China really loves car racing shit with explosions. GotG is already doing better in China than Vol1 did

>Already made over double it's cost
>Flops

>Not crossing 1 billion is a 'flop' for a Marvel team of literal whos
>Meanwhile Wonder Woman is tracking for an opening on par with The First Avenger and Thor, and neither of those movies crossed $450 million in their entire run

>yfw "alien qt's cuddly raccoons and baby trees" is more entertaining than "spooky skeletons from kong island"

>Some people attacking Marvel because they're fed up with the company.
>DUR DC!
Nobody brought up DC until you, user. The people who hate Marvel the most right now are actual Marvel fans who are tired of everything being a constant SJW comedy fest. Why don't you go find a Star Wars or Disney Princess thread to shit up, Mouseketeer.

But it's always the DC fanboys. A fun Marvel movie doing well, it sets them off like a werewolf under the full moon. Every. Damned. Time.

so just like suicide squad did for you fags then?

grow the fuck up

>But it's always the DC fanboys.
No it's not, you mouse cock sucking faggot. The only thing sadder than how brainwashed you are to resort to console warring is how much DC is living in your head rent free.

How can one man fall so far?

>we

Got bad news fpr you, OP. You actually don't get any of it. Sorry

Suicide Squad wasn't fun, though.

>Mention DC fanboys
>They get offended, start spouting insults and frothing at the mouth.
I fucking love how easily triggered some people are.

China has really, really, really bad taste.

You should see some of their film reviews. It's all really superficial stuff, like whether the lead actress is beautiful or whether the special effects look realistic.

IMPRESSIVE. Something like this should have made 700mll at most. But now chances are it will make the most out of capeshits this year. Even if son of ironman turns good it's the third spidey reboot.

We still get the satisfaction of beating these losers plus the massive success means we get more great movies from based marvel

>posts ass mad bullshit
>it's a fucking joke you shit faggot
sure, captain assblast, it was a joke.

I think I actually recognize you from several "BvS was kino guys!" threads. You have a very distinctive vocabulary.

Thor will do better

Literally spiralling out of control.

>King Arthur is taking away money from Guardians

>Being this mad
>Tossing out insults like a teen that just discovered insults.

Calm down my man.

Thing is JL comes out 2-3 weeks later and even if Snyder shits the bed harder that will give a bite to Thor and Thor accessories profits. Unless Ragnarok turns so fucking good it gangbangs JL with goddamn Coco.

Oh, no, user.

Xenomorphs literally come from wasps mutated by the Prometheus ooze.

boy that's fucking garbage
>ayo senpai wee got this splooge n shit an is gonna make dem niggas real nasty aight?

neither is the mcu

I aint triggered mate i hate both.

But you people are really just complete and utter with such a delusional outlook on things.

Just look at this shit

Even that sounds more entertaining than Michael Fassbender suffering through a non-ironic "Now neither of us will be virgins" moment.

>Unless Ragnarok turns so fucking good it gangbangs JL with goddamn Coco.

Or if JL is just so fucking bad, which it does seem to be.

I think how WW goes down will have some influence here. If it manages to not be an awful mess, people may be more willing to look beyond the horrendous shit we've seen of JL so far.

>If it manages to not be an awful mess

post links then

It was and not insulting like Guardians 2 ''He may be your father but I'm your daddy!'' they spell things for so you can shut down your brain while watching the whole thing

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-cinemas-uk-us-box-office-gross-a7729896.html

variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-snatched-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-1202422437/

businessinsider.com/king-arthur-box-office-bomb-2017-5

deadline.com/2017/05/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-king-arthur-bombing-snatched-amy-schumer-box-office-1202088670/

And the clincher
hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-bomb-alert-pricey-king-arthur-headed-weak-25m-debut-1002460

OP posted Gotg 2 not Wonder Woman user,

every.
time.

Don't forget how they didn't like the new Star Wars because "the male lead wasn't pretty"

SS's editing was so bad and jarring, I don't know how anyone could take it seriously.