Why is he the best villain Sup Forums?

Why is he the best villain Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solved_game
youtube.com/watch?v=eVrYbKBrI7o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He isn't. He is, in fact, the worst, and Squirrel Girl defeating him was the most satisfying thing I've ever seen in the comic books.

>DOOM
>villain
Richards plz go.

Becouse, fuck you! HE IS DOOM!
that's why!

Since childhood, my brain immediately and automatically associates the world "supervillain" with Victor Von Doom. He's the complete package:
- his own country
- a kinda-tragic backstory
- magic
- robots
- bullshit super-science
- a kickass and immediately identifiable visual design
-understandable motives
-enough armor and giant death-lasers to be a physical threat
- crazy intelligence
- a footdive
- an ego so unchecked and out-of-control that any good points he might make are invalidated and all failures are swept under the rug
- a name that inspires fear but also giggles

I actually like Venom more, but I prefer him as a failed hero instead of a proper villain.

>Just realized the belt buckle is a D

>villain
Actually, I think you'll find he's the world's one true hope for salvation

That's not Black Manta.

Who's best villain them?

lmao manta is funny as fuck

Hal Jordan and Barry Allen.

>Doom
>Villain
You have been reported to the Latvarian Police for being a known collaborator with RICHARDSSSSSSSS.

>Doom losing a solved game
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solved_game

All hail God-Emperor Doom.

okay, he asks how's the kid, because he killed it, but what about the wife? what did he do to mera?

Kite Man, Hell Yeah!!!

It's solved, but the person who goes second ALWAYS loses.
It's not like Tic Tac Toe where two perfect players always draw, there's always a winner and a loser in this case.

Of course, doom would have known this the second reed put his disc in the center slot.

Oh, right.

BUT WAIT

Count the pieces. Doom went first.

What you are seeing is RICHARDSSSSS propaganda, report to the local enrichment station for decontamination.

Like you ever even read that issue.
You probably started reading around '09 and are under 30 given the average age of the peopls on here.

>Robots
>Bullshit Super Science
>Crazy Intelligence
(Though he can't use it properly)
>An ego so unchecked and out-of-control that any good points he might make are invalidated and all failures are swept under the rug.
>A name that inspires fear but also giggles
>Green

>tfw Zim is an incompetent Doom.

Someone post him sperging out at the meat shop when Aquaman comes back

>Implying that in his warped worldview any world not ruled by him isn't automatically written off as ruined
>Add in that his rule resulted in actually competent people coming in and actually saving everything
Doom is a failure on every level.

see

The stress caused her to have a mental break-down, after which she left Arthur.

>villain

So then so should Victor, seeing as he asked Richards for help fixing things after he fucked everything up.

That's probably one of my favourite edits

Reminds me of the radiated guy from Bloodstorm.

>the belt buckle is a D
That sounds like something Donald Trump would wear

Who is more obsessed? Reverse Flash or Black Manta?

black manta, he doesn't have speed force

It is I! X the Eliminator!

It's pretty crazy how little his design has changed in 50+ years. They didn't even try too often to improve on perfection just to go back to basics like they did 500 times with Spidey.

Doom can't be the best villain, his whole schtick is he's second best.

>he's second best.

Fuck, meant it for:

How is he not?

I was implying he had less notable and overall less dumb costume changes than the average character, not that he didn't have any.

Woops nevermind.

Fuck off you insufferable blot on the escutcheon of humanity

Do you use a thesaurus for that? Cuz if not I'm impressed.

You guys.. don't remember me?

This is actually really taking my mind for a loop.

It's obviously not an absolute anymore that he be second, it's mainly a byproduct of writers trying to avoid upstaging the uniqueness of other characters by keeping him a notch below so he's just threatening enough to the established order but not unchallenged, but still.

On the one hand the fact he is second best for one reason or another is what results in him having enough skill and versatility to be that challenge to anyone else. Technically making him the number one secondary opponent to any rogues gallery, but because he has to be the number one second someone has to be the number one number one, right? Or at least in theory someone somehow could be more malleable, and yet that's not necessarily the case.

Characters who are some form of the big bad for a group like Kang to the Avengers or Apocalypse to the Mutants and so on end up muddied if they are used elsewhere, villains who have a great dynamic with their rival are fixed to said rival or they just seem to be aimlessly antagonistic like take Victor Creed doing what he does to Logan to anyone else or Mister Sinister's obsession with Scott and Jean applied to any random hero couple, it just doesn't seem as compelling given they're designed around the traits of their hero.

Yet because of Doom's pride causing disdain for the other vices found in humanity, if not life itself, should anyone crosses his path it just feels right he treats them like any other opponent, even if he's designed for the Fantastic Four and Reed it still works elsewhere. Don't even get me started on his villain team up potential.

It's so simple yet so complex. I wonder if Marvel or someone has some sort of chart to analyze what makes this work.

Because he does as he pleases.

youtube.com/watch?v=eVrYbKBrI7o

Is there anyone in comics who gives 0 fucks as much as Doom. Half the time it seems he just wants to have fun.

There used to be a time when Doom appearing in your book meant you had made it as a popular character.

Not the best by a long shot. However he is a textbook example of his heritage and watching him relish his natural debauchery is somewhat interesting.

But Victor is a man of his word. Those he gives it to simply have to be mindful what those words are.

what a dick

because he fucked /r9gay/

Not sure if this was a stealth thread but we beat /r9k/ 5-0 today in the Spring Babby Cup.

Was stuck in traffic so I couldn't make a thread. But this sunday at around the same time we'll be playing vs /ck/

As in Doom carried Sup Forums Five to /r9k/'s Zilch?

He scored 3 and had assists on the other 2 so yes.

Ah, but of course. As his peerless superiority was witnessed in MvC3 it is only natural to find Doom a master as much in competitive combat as sports, and all fields of art and science.

wait . . . who?

wtf?
lol

What was wrong with Doomworld before Reed went in to mess everything up?

Stan Lee brought up an interesting point about Doctor Doom: Nothing (or almost nothing) that he does is actually illegal. He's just an asshole. But he's not a criminal.

They changed it in the 80s because a toy company wanted a "robotic/futuristic" looking version, but then just went back to the original shortly thereafter.