Is there a western equivalent to End of Evangelion?

Is there a western equivalent to End of Evangelion?

No, and there probably won't be for a very long time. Western animation has gone to shit basically and everything is just references like your pic. It's like that one comic with Hayao Miyazaki where that guy goes "and then he falls like the dragon from spirited away!"

Cartoons have basically become Chinese knockoff Chinese cartoons. If anything even comes close to EoE it will basically be heavily based off of it to begin with.

No?

You should first establish what it means for something to be the Western equivalent to EoE.

Be a groundbreaking spectacle of animation and animation storytelling on its own right but also influence the industry for decades.

Moral orel

I know a shitload of people been talking about it, but samurai jack s05 e01-04 were the best western animation i seen this decade.

Not quite EoE tier though.

>lol, they, like, turn into tang because everyone is lonely like me, but not Shinji and Asuka because I need an ending and not just a fade to black, dumby, also Christianity is pretty crazy, right? I'll put some crosses in there.

People usually underestimate how much of an impact Evangelion had. It turned the industry upside down.

What did he mean by this?

You posted it, both are worthless trash massively overrated by a fanbase that sees value that isn.t there.

Autism

It should but it wont. Nice quads though.

Ronin had a pretty fucked up and hard to understand ending. Or maybe I'm just a retard. Both are possible.

Adventure Time is the animation that's closest to the grandeur and majesty of Anime. It's the only show I've seen that takes risks and offers tragedy as fantastical as the things you would see in certain animes.

What are some adult western cartoons that aren't family sitcoms with awful animation?

Why is it the genre that benefits least from being animated is the only one that has taken off?

goddamn
you took the words right out of my mouth

NGE was a deconstruction of the Giant Fighting Robot genre. In that sense, Watchmen (as a deconstruction of the Comic Book Hero genre) is probably the Western equivalent of NGE.

no

Toy Story

Prove me wrong.

The whole "it's people fighting in robot suits, but REAL" thing had already been done by at least Gundam and Ideon.

Eva is much more about the decontruction of characters archtypes than the deconstruction of mecha usage.

I want this "deconstruction" meme to go away already.

I kind agree, but thats the term most people agree with. Deconstruction dont really mean much because nearly every media over the last 30 years was more about subverting expectations than playing them straight.

Watchemen isn't animation though.

budget anime with shitty story that people think is deep because the characters are a bunch of pussy or utter dick

And what does that have to do with Evangelion?

the whole question is finding something equivalent to ebinjello

That's not equivalent to NGE.

ok captain assblast

How am I assblasted?

it's a fucking joke faggot

What is?

Maybe you should just stop posting.

Why?

t. captain assblast

How am I assblasted?