Captain Underpants

There's a bunch of new footage in a music video by Weird Al Yankovic. The animation looks really good, even better than The Peanuts Movie in terms of experimentation, but I'm sure about the humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=H2SKYvmZVG0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxfTz2osfc0
youtube.com/watch?v=zV8v6d-MLL0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

okay, is this about a real goofy superhero or just a case of very vivid imagination? (like in boss baby or bobby's world)

I am ENTIRELY too ready for this.

It's about a man who is hypnotized into thinking he's a superhero.

Captain Underpants is a real superhero. He got his powers from drinking alien orange juice

>even better than The Peanuts Movie in terms of experimentation

for yet another children book adaptation this one actually looks fun.

Both of what the previous posters said. He's hypnotized into thinking he's a superhero then actually gets superpowers a few books in.

He's a asshole principle who got hypnotised by two boys (who didn't expect it to work), so they decided to fuck around with him and make him think he's their superhero creation Captain Underpants. What they didn't expect is that he goes out of control and the only way to turn him back to his asshole self is by splashing him with water, but a snap of the fingers turns him back in Captain Underpants.

just read the wiki, thanks.
i appreciate the artstyle, very comic booky, that's good, none of that ultra realistic crap
(that shit ages too fast).

>from the studio who made cgi asterix
it didnt woo me, but wasnt bad.

Another clip, this one is pretty funny

youtube.com/watch?v=mxfTz2osfc0

I have no doubts that it's going to be FUCKING AMAZING, but by the fact that Mr. Krupp/Captain Underpants is voiced by the same guy who voiced the Onceler in the Lorax... I fear we're going to see the advent of a twisted Captain Underpants/Mr.Krupp fandom.

KRUPPCEST IS COMING, BOYS. HOLD ON TO YOUR UNDERWEAR, CUZ IT'S GONNA GET SUPER WEIRD.

Sounds like you're making quite a stretch here, brother

This is Tumblr we're talking about; I'm not taking any chances.

Onceler got a fandom because he was a skinny white hipster and that's catnip for the Superwholocks that plague that site.

That gif feels straight out of Flip-o-Rama

Is that not actually one of the flip-o-ramas?

Onceler is a skinny, pretty boy wearing hipster boy band clothes.

Mr Krupp/Captain Underpant is a fat, bald man in underpants.

But they are voiced by the same guy, giving them enough reason to ship them. They might even go the Sans route since Capt. Underpants only wears underwear and a cape.

You are fucking stupid

Whenever someone is trying to explain tumblr logic, they always sound stupid.

The kids' voices do not sound like children. Or anything like I imagined they would.

they need name stars

>Harold's shitty comic book drawings are implimented into the movie
>Characters are as expressive and goofy just as they are in the books
> Weird Al sings the official Captain Underpants theme
>Even better when you realize he's been mentioned in the books several times throughout its run

This movie is going to be wonderful.

My first reaction was they sounded way too old, but I guess I'll get use to it.

>Rumors of a Captain Underpants movie since childhood
>It's finally happening over a decade later
>It's not shit
What a wonderful world we live in

Well, I like the look of the villains.

>26 posts
>No name chart

You're slipping, Sup Forums.

>he's been mentioned in the books several times throughout its run
He has?

>Cheeseball Toiletnose
A proud name.

Doofus Gerbilbrains of Clan Gerbilbrains, reporting for doody.

Snotty Gigglefanny reporting in.

hey some people are into fat bald men

i just wish they were near me ;;

Buttercup Pizzachunks

That sounds disgusting

Lumpy Lizardfanny reporting for duty.

>Stinky Pizzatush.

there were small references with his name

>Oprah Gizzardchunks

>Buttercup Toiletchunks

Falafel Chicken Chunks standing by

this would be too childish but I LOVE THAT ANIMATION!

But the question is does it beat this

youtube.com/watch?v=zV8v6d-MLL0

I just had grade school flashbacks

>Pinky Wafflebuns
Someone get some Syrup because my buns are ready

>Weird Al doing his theme song

Now that I can get behind. This is actually looking really good, the only problem with it is still Keven Heart voicing a kid.

Booger DiaperJuice ready to rock

It wasn't the voice that made people want to fuck him
Onceler is somewhat attractive and can be turned into a submissive fuccboi or a hot dom to appeal to every fujoshit's fantasies
Captian underpants is fucking captian underpants

Poopsie Toadburger here

So is the Author of the books a part creative team behind this movie? Or just like a creative consultant?

Snotty Bananachunks

Pinky Chuckletush is in the thread.

>here he cums in his tightie-whities

Crusty Liversniffer ready for action

Doofus Wafflebuns

>Loopie Cootielips

>Snotty Gigglebuns

>Fluffy Pizzahead

Not too shabby

Stinky Livertush, ready to fucc the succ

There's a few banner adds that say otherwise user.

Alopecia areata?

Poopsi Pizzasniffer

>the plot is a mish mash of the first 4 books
neat

I recently found my copy of Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman that I've had since the 5th grade. It was in extremely bad condition with the cover and first few pages almost falling. I would post a pic of it but yesterday, my 9 year old nice started reading it and I let her take it home to finish it.
I remember being obsessed with Captain Underpants growing up, but I think I missed the last few books that came out later. I'm super excited for this movie, though slightly disappointed with the voices for George and Harold.

>tfw one of George and Harold's future selves is literally gay in a recent book

For what purpose.

Mr. Krupp/Capp America's voice is perfect.

It's fucking George's Grown fucking Kevin Hart ass voice that'll piss me off.

DO THE WEDGIE WIGGLE!

weird al isn't funny

Chim Chim Toilet Sniffer, Here as usual.

I hope that if the movie does well, we'll get a sequel with Wedgie Woman.
Either that or they'll jump right into the Bionic booger boy plot, and that may be a bit too off putting even for Captain Underpants fans.

>>>tumblr
If you knew anything about the series of Pilky you'd know

>Crusty Hamstertush

Fantastic.

Fluffy Wafflefanny

>Gidget PizzaShorts

These animation studios have been wanting to make a movie of the book since the first one came out in 1999, but Pilkey refused until just a few years back. Even for this it was a huge bidding war to get the rights.

He has no real involvement in the film because he's told the director and the team that he doesn't want to. Seems he'd rather focus on the books he makes but he's said he's happy with the direction of it.

I wonder if he would've vetoed the decision to have Kevin Hart voice George.

I know star power get's those fans of the celebrity to notice it but I really wish they went the Peanuts route, at least for the main two.

>Either that or they'll jump right into the Bionic booger boy plot, and that may be a bit too off putting even for Captain Underpants fans.

As a fan and looking at what's going on in this film, I feel having Booger Boy in the next film may actually work.

>Buttercup Bananachunks

Sounds tasty

>Snotty Diapertush
Heh

The only reason I wouldn't want to do Booger Boy is because, while it's gross as drawings on a page, it'd be pretty sickening having an entire movie with some goopy, snotty looking robot/snot hybrid.

Nah, he says kids get super excited when he tells them that there's going to be a Captain Underpants movie with Kevin Hart in it

i'm sure even aside from that he doesn't give a shit because the general direction of the movie is good

One of George and Harold's pranks mentioned in the first book by Mr. Krupp was rigging the school intercom system to play "Weird Al" Yankovic songs for six hours straight.

>the trailers giving away that he gets real powers later

I wouldn't know if that would be awesome or extremely annoying if I was a kid and something like that happened. Probably amusing for the first hour.

The grossest part of the Bionic Booger Boy series was when the narrator was describing in depth every movement Melvin made in the classroom

>Tfw it was so gross and descriptive it made George yell at the narrator to stop

I'm sure realistically they'll skip over the Wedgie Woman story due to SJW's/feminists probably going off the rails for a female villain losing to a fat old man in his underwear and finding out about what the 3D Hypno Ring does to Women.

Ok that was funny. It's interesting how over the top Cartoony they're going with this movie since, Captain underpants was only ever mildly cartoony most of the time.

They're going full Looney Tunes.

Kinda odd that they're portraying him as evil from the beginning. I guess they don't have time for his sad backstory. They are amalgamating 4 books.

Yeah... gonna see if I can push that out of my mind before I go too see it.

Crusty PottyFanny reporting in.

I expect him to explain why he's evil at some point

Probably something like:

>"You all laughed at me, so now you're gonna learn to fear the name of Pippy Pee-Pee Poopypants!"
>someone laughs

>Stinky Banana Juice