Why did he fuck up his Horcrux plan so much when he could've easily made them impossible to locate?

Why did he fuck up his Horcrux plan so much when he could've easily made them impossible to locate?

>B-but he wanted his Horcruxes to be important Wizarding heirlooms, so he wouldn't turn a rock or a grain of sand into a Horcrux
"No!"

Voldemort could easily throw his Horcruxes into the bottom of the ocean, or buried deep within the ground in a random forest on another continent. He could still visit them to see if they were still safe because he can Apparate there. But he decided to give one to Lucius with no further explanation, put one in a room in Hogwarts, kept one in a shack directly linked to his family, gave one to Bellatrix with no explanation, and only protected one of them in that cave full of magical corpses and trauma potion, and kept Nagini at his side.

so the good guys can win
why are you so stupid?

Fpbp

It's a classic good v/s evil story OP. It must be humanely possible for the good guys to defeat the bad guy.

You can locate and reach anything with magic.
Zombie cave and poison chalice can be beat with plot armor only anyway.

I don't read or watch Potter, but I got to ask, why has he got no nose

>He could still visit them to see if they were still safe because he can Apparate there.
So the good guys could use an apparate-tracking spell to find out where the horcruxes are?

See, even you could fuck up this plan.

>it's another OP just read HPMOR and is trying to look smart again episode

Apparating-tracking technology

Like with the eagles in LotR, the plot demands it, also he did tell Lucius and Bella they were important and to be kept safe. Remember how Bella went absolutely mental when she heard someone went into her vault? She was scared to death that the cup was stolen.

>Throw them in the bottom of the ocean

And risk the horcrux getting eaten by some random sea dwelling creature?

Also hiding them in random places doesn't make sense. What if someone else stumbled upon it?

Voldy thought he was incredibly clever when and to some extent it was pretty clever. Literally nobody knew his past except for Dumbeldore which is also why he was very afraid of Dumbledore. He didn't think Dumbledore had it in him to do so much digging and find out about his horcruxes. He only realised Harry was going after the horcruxes after they destroyed the the cup.

The pressure at the bottom of the ocean would kill him.

Why not write a story where it is possible for good to win without plot holes? Is the effort too much?

He's part snake which I guess is plausible because magix. When he's resurrected part of his soul is in his snake, hes a descendant of Slytherin, etc.

implying eagles can fight nazgul

I don't remember if the movies ever mentioned it but the wizarding government can do this, they can detect unlicensed magic usage and send their agents on the spot to investigate.

God why are Harry Potter fans legit bainlets?

Implying eagles would put themselves im danger for shitty humans.

So he would get stuck regenerating at the bottom of the ocean? Also, they are enchanted items with strong magic that is detectable. Casting the spell on a grain of sand, then leaving it on the beach is a liability. That's part of your soul that could get washed out to sea or end up in a fat guy's buttcrack. He split them up in a variety of places that were secured by separate factions, or surrounded by so many enchantment, tracking magic would just light up the whole room.

Bugged horcrux mechanics dood

>So the good guys could use an apparate-tracking spell to find out where the horcruxes are?
No such thing, Apparating isn't controlled or regulated in any way. There's no huge data book of every single teleport done by every single wizard.

>And risk the horcrux getting eaten by some random sea dwelling creature?
If anything that would make it even harder to find. Getting eaten by something doesn't destroy a Horcrux.

>Also hiding them in random places doesn't make sense. What if someone else stumbled upon it?
I said buried deep within the ground. I was imagining a remote and desolate place where he could bury it 100 feet into the ground, like a random point in the Sahara, or a small island in the ocean. Obviously not hanging from a tree branch in Central Park.
He could visit the place he'd hidden the Horcrux to check if it's still there, either by using magic to dig it up and then bury it again, or simply be feeling its presence which has been stated to be a thing. Voldemort and Harry could sense the presence of a Horcrux.

>caring about Harry Potter

They automatically stop being able to track magic once you've turn 17. This is something magical and not something the Ministry can change, seeing as when Voldemort was in full control of the Ministry they still couldn't track Harry.

You don't regenerate out of the Horcrux, what gave you that idea? They just hold a part of your soul so when your body dies, you're still "alive" because your soul is still untouched.
They also aren't detectable, again, what made you think that? If that were true Dumbledore could've detected all of them and destroy them years ago.
>He split them up in a variety of places that were secured by separate factions, or surrounded by so many enchantment
The only one he really protected was the locket in the cave. The one he left in the Room of Requirement was open to everyone who knew about the room. He gave two to a follower without saying what they were, resulting in Lucius using it in CoS, ultimately exposing it to Dumbledore who then got the idea that Voldemort might be using Horcruxes. And he left the ring Horcrux in the middle of an old shack after killing a relative who had no contact with the outside world at all, making young Voldemort a prime suspect of the murder. There's no logical reason to leave that priceless Slytherin heirloom at the scene of the crime, it was one of his biggest mistake.

Because he's a huge prideful faggot with his head up his ass, of course he isn't going to make his horcruxes grains of sand or some shit, they need to be special or it's not good enough for him.

For Rowling, probably. She wanted to write about high school drama, not epic fantasy but she wrote herself into that corner with the whole "boy that lived" predestiny crap.

Largely because he completely mutilated himself in the quest for immortality, and didn't fully come back

The whole point of the post was that he could easily have used the Horcruxes he wanted and STILL hide them well. I was debunking the age-old "he should've made them into sand, or a small rock in the ocean" argument by saying he could still use the heirlooms as Horcruxes (which fits his character) and hide them well.
It's not about what form the Horcrux takes, he could still use the ones he felt were important and hide them deep in the ocean or bury them deep in a random location only he would know about.
The point is that his carefully chosen Horcruxes could easily be secretly hidden deep within the world, but he chose to leave them scattered around or give them to Death Eaters without any instruction.

>Voldemort could easily throw his Horcruxes into the bottom of the ocean
>Harry risks his life to activate the Horcrux locator spell after assembling all the exotic ingredients.

It would be the same thing in the end

The one in the room of requirement makes sense because of how the room works. I always thought it was an asspull how Harry found it though

If having possession of the horocruxes was needed to bring Voldemort back it would make sense, but since it isn't, he comes across like a retard.

Magic, nigger. Also bottom of the ocean is a shit plan since Dumbledore knows Mermen

In the movies they added Harry's ability to sense / detect nearby horcruxes which always bugged me because it isn't in the books and never explained in the films. In the book he's going crazy trying to find it but vageuly recalls something about it whenhe used the room in half blood prince.

No the Eagles is much different and there are many reasons why its a shit plan

They literally fight Nazgul at the Black Gate in RotK

The ministry can track you in other ways. Like when uttering the word Voldemort instantly gives away your location

why didn't harry and the wizard council just hire a Navy seal sniper to headshoot the mothafucka

What else would you expect besides a stupid plot from the creator of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though r-right

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

What was the deal with that particular room anyway? The room changes into anything you need as long as you focus on it while pacing up and down the corridor. That particular room full of towers of random rubbish shouldn't even exist because when you want to use the room to hide something, the room would turn into a secret hiding place for you.
But instead of a special room for you to hide whatever you want you open the door and it's a single room crammed with everything anyone has ever tried to hide in there. The horcrux was there, the vanishing cabinet was there, Trelwaney's empty sherry bottles were there. The last thing you want the room to be when you need to hide something is a huge collection of stuff other people wanted to hide in the past, because it means literally anyone with something they want to hide could get in there, making it the worst hiding place.

>Navy Seal

Because they actually want to hit their target ?

/thread

The biggest plot hole of the series is why Fred and George never noticed Peter Pettigrew sleeping with Ron every night on the Marauders Map
Or Harry either

Correct, but we were talking about Voldemort hiding his Horcruxes in places like the bottom of the ocean or buried 100 feet in the ground somewhere random. Tracking him with a word that gives away his location has nothing to do with it seeing as he was in control at that time anyway. And even if Dumbledore or someone retook the Ministry and put a ban on the word "Horcrux", you hardly think Voldemort would be walking around openly saying "Fine day Sunday. In my opinion, best day of the week to go and visit all of my Horcruxes!"

Because of who he is.

Think about it, the man is a megalomaniac that seriously thinks he's the most powerful dick in the universe.

The Horcruxes are literally his soul so he's literally incapable of hiding them or making them some mundane nothing that no one would ever notice or care about if they happened upon it.

Narcissism is the answer to your question and it doesn't sound sexy, especially considering this is a world with magic, but that's all that it is.

Voldemort was incredibly prideful and all of his horcruxes needed to be important to him and placed somewhere specific, whether it was with one of his most devote followers or a place that meant something to him.

What's so difficult to understand about this?

its a childrens book about depression

Finally some sensible answers. Felt like half the thread misread the OP and thought he was talking about Voldy putting his soul into rocks and hiding them. It's about why he didn't hide them well, not about why he didn't use random difficult to find objects.

I can buy that Voldy wanted to keep his soul somewhere special instead of lumping them into the sea. Giving one to Malfoy and Bellatrix makes sense because they were his top followers. The cave is special because he tortured some orphans there on a field trip, Hogwarts was special to him more than anything so that makes sense as well. Still not understanding why he left Marvolo's ring at the scene of the crime instead of taking it and either hiding it or wearing it at all times though, the house wasn't special to him in any way, and even if it was, he was an idiot for leaving it there.

> Never explained in the films

Is it not? I thought it was just because he was also a horcrux?

Also I don't know if the book has a better reason for him finding it. Out of all the piles and piles of shit in the room of requirement he just happens to remember a fairly non-descript tiara? Might as well be a magical reasoning.

It took me way too long to realize Dementors were depression personified, I only got it after watching an interview with Rowling

I guess the 'good hiding place' thing basically just comes from the fact that it DOES just look like a huge pile of rubbish and it'd be much harder to find something specific in there rather than if it was just a special room for each thing.

That way harry could've gotten in the same way and found the diadem instantly since it'd be the only thing in the room.

Based

Being able to think up a better plan than a character did isn't a plot hole

If I remember right, he sees the tiara when trying to hide the HBP's potions book after Snape orders him to show him his copy and uses it to mark the place he hides the book so he could find it again when he had the chance. Once he hears about the legend of the lost diadem that nobody has seen for decades it clicked that Riddle might have stolen it and hid it in the room. Knowing Riddle went for precious artifacts and knowing the diadem hasn't been seen in years, he assumed it was there. He remembered the appearance and place of the tiara because he used it to mark where he hid his book. Still a bit of a leap, but makes much more sense than in the films.

In the movies, Voldemort isn't frightening at all. He's more like a caricature of himself. That's my main issue with the movies.

Students putting stuff there isn't the only way it could have gotten there. Maybe the house elves dump shit they find in there, or it's like a bank of items the room can summon in other configurations, or it could even just be mostly conjured by the room itself, to allow items to be "hidden" in it, because people wouldn't consider their secret hidden if it was just sitting in the middle of an empty room.

Good points. You'd really need to know exactly how the room works.
If you want to hide something and the door appears, you'd assume the room would be the same every time, so the thing you want to hide will just be in a room that sometimes appears, making it a terrible hiding place because you have no reason to believe the room is anything but a random room that appears when it wants to.
Dobby knows about it, he even says he was told about it by the other house elves so it's safe to assume they use it to dump trash or have elf orgies or whatever

He wasn't that frightening in the books either really, he was just sort of there in the background for most of it and didn't do much else, it's only because nobody dares to say his name which makes him seem frightening. Ralph Fiennes did the best he could with the script/character he was given.

Alright, that makes more sense, if he'd just remembered the tiara after just passing by it once then that would be a problem.

The Horcruxes have to be retrievable.

Let's say he threw it down an unknown cave. Then he dies.

How does he get out?

I think he probably tried to make it so there was one where he could come back immediately (Nagini) and then progressively harder to find ones. With none of them being unretrievable if they happened to be the last one.

Because being a brainlet is a prerequisite.

It's decently explained, enough for me at least. But as others have mentioned before it's never stated in the books that Harry could sense horcruxes, they put that in the movies for some reason. Doesn't make much sense since he was in direct contact with the diary and the locket before knowing about horcruxes and he doesn't feel or notice anything

They put the Horcruxsense in Deathly Hallows because they rushed a lot of things in HBP (for instance, cutting out everything involving the Gaunts, Tom Riddle working for Borgin and Burkes, and Voldemort's meeting with Dumbledore to request a job as a teacher). Harry still needed to find the Horcruxes so they had to give him some way to accomplish that.

It's just bad writing to make up for poor adaptations.

>The Horcruxes have to be retrievable.
No, they really don't. Horcruxes aren't items he comes out of when his body dies. They simply hold his soul so he can't die. Voldemort regained a body after the potion ritual, but it had nothing to do with a Horcrux. Sure, Harry was there but Voldemort didn't know Harry was a Horcrux. He wanted Harry's blood in order to gain the blood protection Lily gave her son.

How come people think Voldemort pops out of a random Horcrux when he dies? That's not how they work at all, they just keep him tethered to life, but he doesn't emerge from one whenever he dies. Clearly so, why else would he hide from society for 10 years if he could just emerge from the locket like a genie? There's no reason to not hide them deeply and in secret, they have nothing to do with getting back his body, they're just safeguards so that when he's killed, his spirit is still alive, all he needs is the ritual and the ingredients, which are hard to get when you're a spirit wandering the world without being able to speak.

Because he was written by a woman.

Voldemort is as flat as his nose. He only exists to be Cobra Commander in the franchise of an author who thinks her franchise is mature and deep because death is everywhere and permanent in her books, except all the deaths are of minor characters or convenient and being dead doesn't stop Dumbledore from showing up for another fucking infodump, or paintings that have the same personality and emotions as the person they're based on, or ghosts. Rowling thinks "pride" means "being a retard". In any case Voldemort didnt have too much pride to do absolutely nothing until book fucking seven with the Ministry denying his existence, which is about the biggest insult to someone who's fatal flaw is pride you can make.

What did liberal lunacy mean by this?

Voldemort became public at the end of book five, but apart from that you're right. Death doesn't mean anything in HP. If you're famous, you get turned into a painting with the exact personality and memories of the dead person. Ghosts have the same thing going on, but you can choose to become a ghost forever or enter the afterlife.

JK's whole deal with HP was that love is the most powerful thing in the universe. Obviously fans of her work will choose love and mutual friendship over warmongering

>JK's whole deal with HP was that love is the most powerful thing in the universe. Obviously fans of her work will choose love and mutual friendship over warmongering
don't get me wrong trump can choke for all I care but you sound like a huge faggot. no wonder we can't have nice HP threads in Sup Forums if reddit takes over every time

You have tumblr for this soy garbage, tumblr