Whoever wrote and directed Rogue 1 should’ve been the Guys/gals to write and director the new trilogy

Whoever wrote and directed Rogue 1 should’ve been the Guys/gals to write and director the new trilogy.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_Both-Hanz
youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you know the story for Rogue One was pitched by the guy responsible for this?

they'll still be meddled by Kathleen and the gang eitherway.

>mads, i paid you a small fortune
>Vader, IM IN CHARGE HERE

why doesn't this guy get more roles

that I can agree with.

you mean rogue one, the character driven movie with no characters and a boring plot

if they expanded it into a trilogy they'd have more time to develop the characters

still not an excuse though, but i can see it happening

no, nobody disney has hired cares about continuity.

THERE WERE NO BOTHAN SPIES IN ROGUE ONE

that was return of the jedi

that was ok though. it is star wars, a fantasy epic set in a technologically advanced space setting. so a mystical warrior riding a giant alien lizard is ok.

only the Phantom Manass was bad.

I love that thing!

Bothan spies died getting the Death Star II plans, not the original ones. They are seen in Shadow of the Empire game/novelization.

many bothans died for the death star 2 plans.

>bothans
>stealing death star 1 plans

You mean the flick that was saved by Tony Gilroy?

>On February 11, 2016, Disney executives stated that the film was "virtually completed".[89] Several weeks of pre-scheduled reshoots began in mid-June 2016.[90] In August 2016, The Hollywood Reporter wrote that Tony Gilroy had spearheaded the reshoots, in lieu of Edwards, and that Gilroy would have just as much say in the final cut of the film as Edwards. Gilroy was initially brought on in order to retool the ending of the film, which was not coming together as hoped, under Edwards's direction.[91] Fearing that Disney would require the survival of at least some of the new characters, an alternate, happier ending was conceived with characters Jyn and Cassian escaping the destruction of Scarif; when it became apparent that Disney would accept the deaths of those characters, the producers opted for the more tragic ending they had envisioned. At least some footage from the unused ending was produced and made it into early trailers.[91][92][93]

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_Both-Hanz

Rogue One is shit though.

I've just written a giant love letter to this flick and it got deleted because I accidentally pressed Backspace because I'm piss drunk. Tl;dr I'm watching it right now and I'm genuinely mad at everybody who ever badmouthed this movie, especially RLM. Fuck you.
>They showed AT-ATs, what a mindless cashgrab on fans of SW who will gobble up this corporate production! Did you clap when you saw X-Wings? exdeee
>Meanwhile, two hacks are remaking the OT with cosmetic changes and character subversion, now that's what I call A GREAT PLOT DEVELOPMENT ALL PRAISE RIAN JOHNSON!
Anyway, do you wanna know why this was created by true SW fans, not by a disney corporate commitee or caitlyn kennedy's band of feminist goons? This one fucking frame. It would've never made it in the movie if some random Disney suits were in charge, that's too sexist and problematic.
Sorry, I'm drunk and Endlish is my 2nd language.

i still don't get why ppl like rogue one

Frame related, fuck Sup Forums. Dumb fucking niggers. Fuck.

Because it sucked

AHAHAHAHAHA OH NO NO NO

Boga was fucking awesome, asshole

RO>>>>>TLJ>>>>>TFA

krennic is one of the best villains in the entire star wars universe.

You have autism, and shit taste. Star Wars movies don't always have to have characters with names like Darth Bad guy and General Displeasure.
Now kys for being a millennial pleb-quels loving faggot.

the only good part is when vader says something like don't choke on your aspirations ;^)

>mfw we'll never see another twi-lek in the movies. Ever.

Rogue one is a great movie. BY FAR the best disney wars. not even a contest. You retards all hate this because your faggoty e-celeb thought leaders told you too.

>adds depth and Grey to republic
>best cineatography
>best visuals
>great space combat
>Great vader scene
>added alot of richness to the universe and what it's like to live there.

fuck the haters.

I don’t think I was ever more scared of Vader than in that end scene. Like, holy shit that was kino.

Clumsy as it was, it cared more for the continuity and history than the sequels did. I'd watch a whole trilogy about backstabbing Empire politics, but not a First Order one.

the fact that RedLetterMedia's Rogue One review is so piss weak in it's criticism tells you that it's actually a good movie that will be appreciated more over time.

Mike really struggles to find anything to complain about and even published a further reply when lots of people called them out for being wrong this time.

I liked rogue one and I'll be unashamed to say it's the best movie since the OT. The characters fell flat but the overall arch of the story, cinematography, and action far offset this for me.

>watching RLM
What are you, a jew?

Bothans were for the second death star, you cock-smoking mongoloid.

Post sexy fap worthy pics of rogue one waifu

VROOOOOOOP

>tfw Vader was the one that had the door stuck

i liked the gay asian dudes that died for each other's holes

Literally Why. It'd perhaps be marginally better at best. It was time to bury star wars after the second film of the original trilogy already.

Upset that everyone's already forgotten about the shitshow that is Rogue One? New characters and takes on the established material is fine, but they should actually be, you know, characters. Not hollow representations of an archetype with no development or memorable actions.

>krennic is one of the best villains in the entire star wars universe.
>spends every second scene getting chewed out by Tarkin for incompetence

What did he mean by this?

Okay, I finished watching it. I'll probably fall asleep drunk right now and wake up when the thread is archived, but can anyone here bring up a single valid point of criticism about that movie that does not apply triplefold to TFA and TLJ? Like, seriously, how people could dislike R1 and like anything else from disney? I know that I sound like a dumb OT fan. I genuinely expected that a movie would do nothing but pander to OT nostalgia and show X-WINGS FOR ME TO CLAP! But no. It is a supreme SW movie all around. What possibly could you bring up against it? Seriously, the fuck is wrong with people who hate on R1?

>Seriously, the fuck is wrong with people who hate on R1?
People are still getting used to the fact that there are star wars movies worse than the prequels after only recently realizing that the prequels aren't perfect.

Fuck you, Boga was cute! CUTE!

>General Displeasure
Okay, I heartily keked at that one.

this is who wrote Rogue One, his twitter tells you everything

>this gif

Okay, guys, seriously. I am genuinely confused why people hated it, so I decided to check Metacritic. This is the lowest R1 score. Apparently, this critic disliked that the characters are depressed and morally tangled.

And this is the same guy's score for TLJ.
WHAT
THE
FUCK
Is this Mouse bribery at work or what?

youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y
this is the shit I'm talking about man like really people is nice visuals all it takes to entertain you?

>2 hours

I figure if it were mouse bribery, he wouldn't have been allowed to say anything bad about either movie. So, it's more likely this dude is just a fucking idiot.

Man, Krennic was a good villain and for all his retarded social-climbing, I actually felt bad for him in the end.

>CHOKE ON YOUR AMBITIONS XD

Everything but this and CGI actors

who the fuck is retarded enough to watch review / criticism longer than the movie itself
if i wanted to hear retarded who has no idea what he's talking about aka LITERAL OPINIONS I'd listen to myself

Wtf they were gay?

Kathleen go to bed

i want a movie about that stormtrooper comic. where a stormtrooper goes around doing awful things because he doesn't want to get executed. then he just can't take it anymore and keeps talking about deserting.

Some faggots just dont have friendship as strong as chirrut and the heavy weapons guy and so they wrongfully interpret it as gay relationship. Women do this to a lot of friendships between men, too

Everyone already pointed that out you smoke-smoking derpy doo derr