CBR: The 15 Most DESPISED Comic Book Movie Performances

>cbr.com/the-15-most-despised-comic-book-movie-performances/

Do you agree with this list? Who would be your own candidates?

I'm not clicking that shit.

List the items in a post, shill.

>The 15 Most DESPISED Comic Book Movie Performances
According to who?
What exactly is the goal of articles like that?

>DESPISED

15) Willem DaFoe - Green Goblin

14) Henry Cavill - Superman

13) Mark Strong - Sinestro

12) Frank Grillo - Crossbones

11) Thomas Jane - Punisher

10) Josh Borlin - Jonah Hex

9) Ryan Reynolds - Hannibal King

8) The entire cast of the 1994 Fantastic Four

7) Christopher Eccleston - Malekith

6) Andrew Garfield - Spider-Man

5) Oscar Isaac - Apocalypse

4) Brandon Routh - Superman

3) James Marsden - Cyclops

2) Mickey Rourke - Whiplash

1) Gal Gadot - Wonder Woman

I'll save you the time

15. WILLEM DAFOE (GREEN GOBLIN)
14. HENRY CAVILL (SUPERMAN)
13. MARK STRONG (SINESTRO)
12. FRANK GRILLO (CROSSBONES)
11. THOMAS JANE (THE PUNISHER)
10. JOSH BROLIN (JONAH HEX)
9. RYAN REYNOLDS (HANNIBAL KING)
8. THE ENTIRE CAST OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR
7. CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON (MALEKITH)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: 8 Things That Worked (And 7 That Didn’t)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: 8 Things That Worked (And 7 That Didn’t)
Can You Name These Alien DC Superheroes And Villains?
Can You Name These Alien DC Superheroes And Villains?
The 15 Most DESPISED Comic Book Movie Performances
The 15 Most DESPISED Comic Book Movie Performances
6. ANDREW GARFIELD (SPIDER-MAN)
5. OSCAR ISAAC (APOCALYPSE)
4. BRANDON ROUTH (SUPERMAN)
3. JAMES MARSDEN (CYCLOPS)
2. MICKEY ROURKE (WHIPLASH)
1. GAL GADOT (WONDER WOMAN)

>15 most despised performances
>proceed to say Ryan Reynolds was the best part of Blade Trinity

Who wrote this shit?

Clearly a shill paid job
What a shame

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>1. GAL GADOT (WONDER WOMAN)

Gal Gadot’s casting as Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was met with a bit of fan outcry, but she nonetheless remained one of the film’s hottest attractions. Having not been done in live action since Lynda Carter in the 1970s (a 2011 TV pilot starring Adrianne Palicki had a lot of positive buzz, but failed to get picked up), fans were excited about the prospect of a new Wonder Woman.

Sadly, the script failed her. Spending the bulk of the film on a hushed quest for a photograph, Diana shows up to save the day in a big damn hero moment for the film’s finale, in which no one else in the cast even acknowledges her. No one speaks to her, they barely look at her, and this is after she saves them. Hopefully, she’s a bit more directly acknowledged in the upcoming Wonder Woman.

>Dafoe
>cavill
>strong
>grillo

>bad
>despised
This is bullshit.

The mouse is really nervous this time

>>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: 8 Things That Worked (And 7 That Didn’t)
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: 8 Things That Worked (And 7 That Didn’t)
Post these.

According to CBR:
>15. WILLEM DAFOE (GREEN GOBLIN)
>14. HENRY CAVILL (SUPERMAN)
>13. MARK STRONG (SINESTRO)
>12. FRANK GRILLO (CROSSBONES)
>11. THOMAS JANE (THE PUNISHER)
>10. JOSH BROLIN (JONAH HEX)
>9. RYAN REYNOLDS (HANNIBAL KING)
>8. THE ENTIRE CAST OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR
>7. CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON (MALEKITH)
>6. ANDREW GARFIELD (SPIDER-MAN)
>5. OSCAR ISAAC (APOCALYPSE)
>4. BRANDON ROUTH (SUPERMAN)
>3. JAMES MARSDEN (CYCLOPS)
>2. MICKEY ROURKE (WHIPLASH)

>in which no one else in the cast even acknowledges her.
When did people stop watching movies before shittalking them?

That was a mistake on my part.

>13) Mark Strong - Sinestro

>11) Thomas Jane - Punisher

They the one redeeming qualities of those shit movies

>6) Andrew Garfield - Spider-Man

Good Spider-man, bad Peter Parker.

>3) James Marsden - Cyclops

>2) Mickey Rourke - Whiplash

>1) Gal Gadot - Wonder Woman

Their performances we're all fine, I mean who fucking wrote this list?

such a fucking casual list

doesn't even mention Dick Tracy, Green Hornet, Green Lantern, the Phantom

throws in Routh but doesn't mention WROOOONG

shitty list is shitty

>Henry Cavill - Superman fuck you he did the best he could under Snyder script

>They the one redeeming qualities of those shit movies
>Thomas Jane
>Only

Bullshit that movie had multiple redeeming parts

too bad now you have to post them

>Raimi’s Norman Osborn played out less like the scheming maniac we see in the comics and more like a lunatic in a bad Power Ranger costume.
I can't read anymore after that. How the fuck could he think that? GG in most runs he was in was exactly like Dafoe's performance.

>Dick Tracy, Green Hornet
>WROOONG

>bad performances

Kevin Spacey was good though

>under Snyder script
For the millionth time, Snyder didn't write the movie.

you're a wiley one

because that's what everyone's been saying for years

>no mention of Wolverine Origins Deadpool

But Ryan in Origins was pretty good. The decision of making Deadpool an edgy baraka was not his fault.

That's the issue here, it goes back and forth because it will say "well they gave a good Performance, but it still suck" and then they flip to "they suck at their role"
Honestly it felt like a long drag out to get the excuse to bitch about Gadot at the end.

Gadot's performance in BvS sucked though.

>Mark Strongs Sinestro
>Bad
I think they meant the best part of the filn

Christ that list is stupid. So has CBR just gone full clickbait now? Is Marvel's current death spiral just affecting everyone and we're seeing less interest in comics across the board, resulting in even "respected" comic sites going BC for clicks?

Objective source?

. GAL GADOT (WONDER WOMAN)
Wasn't her, along with Affleck, one the few positive points most reviewers agreed upon for BvS?
Do the CBR guys only hang out in Sup Forums?

Me. I watched the movie. Thrice.

>Me.
Your opinion is subjective.

So is everyone else's, but my opinion > your opinion.
Until the end of the times.

it'll be objective in a couple weeks

>one of the few positive points
yeah, her completely pointless addition and what few lines she had surely was an excellent portrayal of wonder woman

No?
Opinions will always be subjective.
Words have meanings.

Did Comicsalliance's death mean CBR had to become a dozen times shittier to fill that void?

Nope.
Gal was irrelevant as fuck.

>completely pointless addition and what few lines [he] had
Ant Man in Civil War?

see

I'm talking about the reception by the general audiences and critics, not your personal opinion (or mine). In order to be the "most despised", she should've been despised by most people, but she wasn't.

And who the fuck is talking about the Mouse, you fanboy shill?

The only people who gave a shit about Wonder Woman was Sup Forums and that was to shitpost.

She was just too dull for anyone to bother.

This list is pure garbage. Who ever made this list hasn't seen any of these movies

A central point to Civil War was how the shit feud between Tony and Cap was hurting innocent people. Both dragged in people who had no business being there, Ant-Man and Spider-Man being the most notable.

>15) Willem DaFoe - Green Goblin
What the fuck.

Holy shit, it just gets worse. This post is fucking baffling.

>Ant-Man and Spider-Man being the most notable.
Black Panther.

> New-gal Gal Gadot makes an appealingly enigmatic Wonder Woman, if only because she's not forced to speak what should remain subtext the way everyone else is.

>The winner, on points, is Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), who crashes the party and leaves them both dumbfounded, not least because she has the wit, and the wherewithal, to confront evil while wearing a conical bustier.

>Ben Affleck’s beefy and broody Batman and Gal Gadot’s thrilling Wonder Woman, while also continuing Henry Cavill’s Superman saga that underwhelmed with Man of Steel in 2013.

>If the movie gave me any glimmer of hope it was Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. Sure, she's insanely beautiful, and impossibly thin, (quote heard coming out of the theater: "Wonder Woman's supposed to be Amazonian. Amazons are THICK! She ain't thick!"), but when she shows up it's like a breath of fresh, testosterone-free air.

These are all excerpts of random negative reviews from rottentomatoes.

>rottentomatoes

Rotten Tomatoes is only shitposting fuel. It's the MAL of Sup Forums.

No one but retards take these ''''reviews'''' seriously.

>was how the shit feud between Tony and Cap was hurting innocent people.
...Innocent people meaning civilians, not shoehorned superheroes.

Nice try though.

i liked dafoes green goblin...

>William DaFoe
Stopped reading there.

Holy shit, Dafoe was an amazing Norman. The costume was the only thing that sucked.

>9. RYAN REYNOLDS (HANNIBAL KING)

And to think, he was the only good thing about that piece of horseshit.

>8. THE ENTIRE CAST OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR

Is this the 2004 cast or the Fant4stic cast? ...never mind, they both suck more ass than a desperate East Asian teenage whore.

I'm not that user, but your mental gymnastics baffle me.

Ant-Man is the best example of an innocent person being dragged down to a conflict he had nothing to do with. You're just playing semantics with the meaning of "innocent people" to keep arguing for the sake of arguing. You're pathetic, user.

Who hates dafoe? I liked Jane's voice

>Dick Tracy

The worst actor in that movie was Madonna and even she did not suck enough to make that movie bad.

>going to cbr
>going to cbr to read list articles
>going to cbr to read list articles about the movies
>going to cbr to read list articles about the movies to discuss them on/co/

>10. JOSH BROLIN (JONAH HEX)
And then he went to do Thanos and Cable.
Good for him.

No?
The point of the movie is stopping situations like Sarkovia with innocents like the black lady's son dying, or Zemo's family.

That has nothing to do with Ant-Man's pointless cameo. That's a bullshit justification on your part.

moral of the story is FUCK DC

This alone makes this list garbage and clearly click bait.
>Who should we make no.1 ? OH Wonder Woman has a movie coming out soon.
Fuck this site.

Most of these aren't bad performances, but badly written roles.
Who would've fucking thought that this would be pointless click-bait bullshit.

Are you guys fucking stupid? What I'm saying is that she isn't despised. People liked her. Whether she was actually shit or not is another matter completely.
The CBR article is not about the worst performances, but the most despised. Whether a performance was despised or not can be objectively established by looking at the reception she had, and as you can see, she wasn't despised at all, even by people who wrote negative reviews of the movie.

Stopped reading right there.

I like how you change goalposts to try to save face even after you were told by two different people already, but I'll bite this last one just because I pity you.

A movie can have multiple plot threads, dummy.
If it focused only in the accords I bet you would cry "unidimensional!!", wouldn't you?

>I like how you change goalposts
wat

>People liked her.
People literally don't give a fuck about Wonder Woman. That's why she's an easy target to clickbait since no one bothers to defend her and feminist hate her, so she becomes an acceptable target.

You'll see it in reflected in the Box Office in the following months.

Wow, they already hate her without having seen the movie. That's my CBR.

Well at least everyone agrees that Oscar Isaac was a shitty Apocalypse.

Ant-Man had literally no reason for showing up in the film other than to do the whole "Giant-Man" thing. He served no real purpose to the story and could have been cut out without affecting any of the film's storylines in a meaningful way.

See

There has only ever been one good Apocalypse and that was '90s X-Men Cartoon!Apocalypse.

this

I don't.

He was fine.

She was already in a movie where she was pretty flat and boring, on top of having an accent that makes her mediocre delivery even more painful to endure.

>was hurting innocent people
But Ant Man didn't get hurt.

Some comments from the article.

>Wait... What are you basing this list on? The hate for Green Goblin is based on the costume, not Defoe's performance. Mark Strong wasn't despised as Sinestro and Gal Gadot was incredibly well received in BvS, especially considering the backlash she'd got in the build up.

>None of those are despised.

>Exactly. This is fake news. They lean so heavily on these 15 lists now and its clear they're running out of ideas.I had nothing against Eccleston's or Brolin's performances, just the writing and directing sucked. And how is Finn Jones not on here? While I didn't HATE him, clearly a lot of people did.

>What is wrong with CBR today? This headline misrepresents its content. These aren't despised performances, as often noted in the actual write-up of many of these entries. The actors' performances were fine and often the limits of the script or the director was the obvious problem.

>What is wrong with your headline writer, CBR? Oh, people clicked, that's the only journalistic integrity that matters.

>Seriously are 3 year olds making these lists?? Mark Strong was the BEST thing about The trainwreck GL movie..not once have I heard or read his performance was despised.....unbelievable..

>And I continue to read and see Henry Cavill And Gal Gadot...on the supposed despised list?? The author should never write about comic book movies ..ever..again....you lost all semblance of stripes you thought you had....

>I've been coming to CBR for well over 10 years and never before has it been as bad as it is now. The sale of the site last year took one of my favourite sites and gutted it of any real quality. Only reason I'm here is through sheer habit.

>I like reading lists, they're easily digestible, but they've still actually got to be good, and this is about as far from good as you can get. Not only is it misleading to the title, the writeups have nothing to do with performances and it's just poorly written.

Also jail and after the movie ended he became a wanted criminal after he somewhat cleared his name back in the Ant-Man movie.
So, yes, the conflict did affect him in a negative way.

He was thrown in a super-prison and is now likely on the run from SHIELD/the UN. Just because he didn't break his back doesn't mean he wasn't harmed.

>on top of having an accent that makes her mediocre delivery even more painful to endure.
I find it funny they made the Amazonians have the same shitty accent just because Gadot can't into english.

>after he somewhat cleared his name back in the Ant-Man movie.
And this presents another problem. He wouldn't have logically shown up after the events of Ant Man.

Reminds me to the article that compared Bendis GotG to JLI.

see

Nigger, don't you remember the quip where he bows to not steal shit again and then Hank asks him to?

Are you THIS retarded?

The rate that CBR is going downhill reminds me of Sup Forums.

>11) Thomas Jane - Punisher

This isn't true though. He's almost universally considered the best Punisher.

>8) The entire cast of the 1994 Fantastic Four

How do you defend this being on here, but not having the recent FF movie's cast, which was infinitely worse?

Having seen other Oscar Isaac movies, I suspect this is a case of putting a great actor in an Ivan Ooze cosplay with bad dialogue and getting exactly what you'd expect

>Ivan Ooze

nice meme

I agree. The cast of 1994 FF atleast tried their best for a film that was never meant to be released.

>"Sorry, Captain America, I can't help you to illegally take down a bunch of super criminals that might be set loose and potentially attack the country and harm my loved ones. I just don't do bad things."

>People literally don't give a fuck about Wonder Woman. That's why she's an easy target to clickbait
That makes no fucking sense at all. Why would she work as clickbait if nobody gives a shit?

Besides that, it has absolutely no relation whatsoever with Gal Gadot's performance being despised, which is what the article is saying and is objectively false.
Your hate boner for WW and GG are completely irrelevant to what I'm talking about.

Poe was infinitely more of a shitty non-character than Apoc.

>super criminals
Where?

>This isn't true though. He's almost universally considered the best Punisher.

No he isn't