How would you do Bruce's death if you knew it wasn't going to be reversed for at least two years

How would you do Bruce's death if you knew it wasn't going to be reversed for at least two years

In a very anticlimatic way.
Maybe fall down the stairs in the Wayne mansion and break his neck.

very robin-y

bane breaks his neck this time

In the dcau, a couple animated movies and in tdkr he is piloting something and making sure it won't crash or blow up but then superman saves him in the end so I always thought that's how he should die is doing something not really nessesary but won't take the risk of letting someone get hurt.

If DC asks me to kill Bruce, it has to be permanent. Only way I'd do it. I'd have them sign a contract in their own blood on Adam West's skin if I have to, but if you're gonna kill the Batman, for fuck's sake, KILL the Batman. Death's not a vacation.

He gets bit by a bat that was infected with a deadly disease.

He trips and breaks his neck on a rock

Bruce fakes his own death before going on maternity leave.

Killing Bruce isn't killing the Batman, though.

I think Final Crisis did his "death" the best, a heroic last stand, plus the addition of him using a gun on somebody. But I'd probably have him grow old retire from being batman. Then one day he gets shot by some mugger, like his parents, then Damien goes all 666batman and starts murdering criminals

human trafficking mafia set up

Unceremoniously shot.
By the relative of a Joker victim, maybe.

i like this

Beaten to death by all the supervillains he didn't kill while Gotham burns around him.

He gets AIDS after he realizes he is gay

Suicide. Just to explore how it affects the rest of the DC universe.

I really wouldn't.

I might feel things regarding who, if anyone, replaces him as Batman, and how well its written

but the actual element of Bruce dying and being dead? don't care. Its been done a few times now in one form or another as has no novelty left.

>Bruce suits up one final time in the Beyond timeline to save Terry from Dr. Hurt
>Hurt puts Bruce through the ringer but Bruce manages to pull through defying Hurt til the end
>Terry and Bruce defeat Hurt but the physical strain is too much for Bruce and he passes away a in Terry's arms

while at a lawn party in public bruce trips up and hits his head on a rock, killing him instantly

*Damian is bored and kicks a stick on the ground, which hits Bruce in the head, causing him to fall down on a rock and dying instantly.

shot attempting to stop a mugging reminiscent of his parents' death.
parents and the kid get away, but not before the kid sees Batman shot saving them.

kid grows up to fight crime (non-vigilante? idk, what would be better thematically?)

Bruce travels back in time and saves his dad's life by dying in his place.

>There's an expensive dinner party held at the Wayne Manor.
>Suddenly, the Joker and his goons come in and start shooting as part of a plan that involves attracting Batman.
>Bruce realizes that there is no time to suit up, so he rips off his suit jacket and tie and starts beating the shit out of the goons.
>He's actually doing pretty good without the suit, but Joker shoots him in the ankle, causing him to fall over. Joker than makes him watch as he kills more and more people.
>Joker crouches down and makes him breathe in laughing gas. Bruce dies within seconds. Joker waits for Batman to come, but is confused when he doesn't.
>Nightwing comes in to stop Joker and take him to Arkham, but is shocked to find Bruce dead.
>Joker eventually realizes that Bruce Wayne was Batman, and he killed one of his greatest sources of joy. He enters a catanoic state.
>Dick becomes Batman and vows to raise Damian, stating how sad it was that another Wayne lost a father.

If Bruce ever were to come back, I'd ideally wait until a decade at least to do it. And when it does happen, I wouldn't want it to feel like a cheap cop-out like in so many other comics. I want it to feel like seeing an old friend after so many years.

sounds cool. Got me thinking how that comic would open up, hear me out.
First page: BANG in onomatopoeia box
Second page: Daily Planet headline of Bruce Wayne's suicide

bowel cancer

One of the first issues of his Rebirth run with Gotham and Gotham Girl he stops a plane from crashing and pretty much expects to die. It could happen like that

Crushed pelvis from fucking Wonder Woman.

autism

Shot by a petty street thug. More poetic.

That is essentially what I came here to post but didn't know how. It's a great setup, just mundane enough to be tragically fitting the character without being a complete anticlimax.

Leave Bruce dead a lot longer than two years, long enough that it becomes a new status quo, and whoever inherits the name Batman will be seen as THE Batman by 2020s kids.

Kirk Langstrom is becoming increasingly unstable, the Man-Bat comes and goes as it pleases. Kirk goes to Batman for help, Batman does the blood work, and the situation seems hopeless with Batman himself saying that there probably isn't a way to cure Langstrom this time around. The Man-Bat does something especially heinous, something so bad that Kirk would breakdown the second he turned back.

Damian (who is now around 20) finds Kirk in the aftermath of the atrocity and decides the only way to stop the Man-Bat is to kill him.

Bruce shows up too late with the permanent cure for Langstrom and Batman winds up taking the sword for Man-Bat because something about doing whatever it takes to protect the innocent. From then on Damian swears to stop being a big stabby boy and protects Gotham the way his father would've wanted him too

I like it

Killed by Ras in exchange for allowing Damian to live. Bruce tells them all they were always his sons right before Ras impales him with a sword and to be better. He tells Dick to take care of Damian.

Nightwing takes up the mantle and Damian has to live with the guilt that his father died for him.

Ras Laz pits him and brainwashes him, we see a masked bodyguard at Ras side for about a year, but his love for his boys brings him back in the final battle as he is about to kill Dick, after he has already killed Talia.

Have Clark kill the man who did it in a fit of rage

He dies a grand, heroic death, helping to save the multiverse through his sacrifice.
He becomes the Spectre's new host afterwards.

Bruce would be a perfect Specter

how does Batman deal with shades of grey?
I feel like most of his bad guys are just straight up BAD guys

I'd only do it if Bruce remains dead.

his greatest mistake. Jason Todd kills him.

If it has to be in the cowl, I'd have him die saving a single life in a massive cataclysm.

Otherwise, old age BB style.

severs a arteries taking down some gang but still goes to save a kid's parents in a house in fire

just after impregnating selina ofc

make him disappear for 10 years before he's brought back to life by a crisis of some shit

>Joker takes an orphanage hostage
>Bomb is wired with a timer and a detonator
>Batman saves the kids
>gets the detonator away from the Joker
>blocks all the doors
>Just stares silently at the Joker
>Clock ticks down
>Joker laughs
>boom
And because nobody actually saw them die they can be brought back at leisure.
and it's a call back to Jason Todd's death

Batman should die as Bruce Wayne and it should absolutely be mundane.

And I think it should be longer then two years. Make it enough so that when Bruce comes back it has weight.

>Batman stranded in a dif dimension earlier timeline by mxtzypltk
> sees his young counterpart post zorro film pre senpai murder
>in bat costume gets shot after saving wayne family.
>mom and dad still shot but different and non fatal
>thomas becomes crippled but both saved by bats
>batman after saving and securing the Waynes smiles at his younger self and grapples away, dropping a batarang.
>batman goes to the batcave (which was never used ) and passes with a smile, knowing the jla will take care of everything and that he saved his parents.
>young bruce keeps the batarang and idolized the batman.

This is where he dies and this next part is how to bring him back in a way that would follow the previous death.

>(NO SUPERMAN IN THIS WORLD)
>on a day out to get something for his father, bruce and Martha run upon a young Selina who looks hungry and just stole a wallet.
>the thug who was just robbed confronts Selina but is being protected by Martha and bruce.
>Martha offers money but the thug is high and wants selina.
>knocks bruce and martha to the side and kills selina and after Martha tries to interfere he kills her too and gordon arrives b4 bruce would've been killed.
>thomas tries his hardest to console bruce but bruce realizes he needs to be something.. he needs to be batman.
>years of training bruce comes back to find Alfred sick and Thomas passed. Bruce saddened but serious now begins a crime fighting career.
>mxtzypltk comes back and doesn't like this earth since it doesn't have superman.
>before destroying this dimension he spots batman and decides to throw him back to the og dimension not knowing it's the new batman since time works differently here.
> new bruce batman teams up with his og's batfam- begin rebirth battle for the cowl.

Fluff this shit up with other stuff and boom u got a story.
What do you guys think?

Jesus fuck, I use Senpai and it fucking autocorrects senpai. to it...
I meant post zorro film and pre senpai death. So pretty much right before his parents murder

>Batman finds out he has a disease that can't be cured, he doesn't want it cured either, but he realizes that Gotham hasn't really changed, so he takes a different approach.
>Over the course of the 2 years his death nears, he embarks on a joruney to actually reform some of his old enemies with the help of Batwoman, Nightwing and Damian.
>Clayface remains good, Dr. Freeze becomes an actual doctor with an entire hospital crew using their spare time to revive Nora, Catwoman retires to spend time with him, Poison Ivy is convinced to go away from the city and live in some jungle, away from people, so on, so forth for 12 months.
>Batman is getting weaker, there's been a strain of killings in Gotham, the enemies who were not converted are shot dead, among them are the joker, Bane, Black Mask and while an attempt on Cobblepot is thwarted by Nightwing and Damian, the killer is revealed as The Wrath of Gotham, killing the unrepentant, he gets away.
>Batman is too weak to fight but he can still do detective work, so he finds out the identity of the Wrath who is of course Elliot Caldwell, he goes to his house to try to convince him to change his ways, Gotham is changing too, Caldwell pulls a gun out but Nightwing and Damian have followed Batman and come through the window.
>A shot is fired, and Batman protects Nightwing as Damian puts Caldwell down.
>Batman dies in their arms.

Cue a short sentence about learning to hope instead of fear.

familia my dude

You do the crime, you do the time. Though he sometimes gives some leeway if you don't actually hurt or steal from anyone.

Jesus fuck, how new are you?

it has to be by a street thug

just on a normal night of patrol

makes that one little mistake and gets caught somewhere vital

Not that new, it's just I haven't seen it b4, but I get it now. Fucking board lol

I was honestly just more high and annoyed when I saw it that I didn't think anything otherwise.
I've had my friends change my phone settings like this before. The last one that comes to mind is everytime I typed dad my phone would change it to faggot. I was just kind of riding the anger of assumption

his preptime finally fucking fails on him

A long mystery that Bats has to solve, or a big fight with a villain -- doesn't matter.

The end result would be Superman slowing dying, with Batman ultimately sacrificing himself to save Supes because he believes the world needs him more.

Legitimately a decent suggestion. Better than anything they'd actually give us.

I can't decide which one I like more. Prob the first or second but idk, the third was good too. I liked Damian being straightened out in the first one, and in the second one I like the crazy shit. Third one seems cool too about his death as bruce.

Go back to lurking

>I KILLED MY DAD!
Damian is pretty edgy already.

It's campy, sappy crap and I'd buy ten copies and beg for it to be made into a film trilogy.

>he gets shot by some mugger, like his parents, then Damien goes all 666batman and starts murdering criminals

I fucking hate Damien and I would support this route.

Heh, fuck off, I don't need to know all the little shit about this board to be on it.

Structural collapse of Wayne Manor.
Whole thing falls into the ground.
Bat-cave cave-in.
All that's left in a sinkhole full of rubble and batmobiles.

Omar ain't comin' no mo'

quick, hopeless, and "anticlimactic"
deprive the audience of batwankers an "epic" death they would expect
have things go the way of beyond bruce before leading up to it
after initial reactions to death by jaded friends and "family" have most people be apathetic except for dick, jason, and barbara
dick trying his best to keep things going on without picking up the mantle
jason being torn between emotions while thinking he never got a chance to confirm how much bruce actually cared him
barbara doing whatever and thinking about how to take care of dick and trying to get along with jason

He swallows a bee by accident right after explaining to everyone he has developed a severe bee allergy.

Meant to put this one as the third, notBeing this new, chill out, only newbies complain about newbies.

This is best.

Joker flies a hijacked plane into the Wayne Foundation tower while Bruce is on the top floor giving some sort of motivational presentation.

Also the Joker's plane unfurls a banner that reads "Aloha Snackbar" shortly before it crashes.

he doesn't get rid of the bomb

while on a date with Selina and Damian. Selina gets shot. Pearls. The whole deal.

Bruce's "last words" are something along the lines of "not like this..."

Falls into a deep crevasse clutching Joker, heroic sacrifice to "End joker once and for all."

returns later as Batman the white

Bat poop fumes are highly toxic so Id kill him that way

...And his mom?

Batman is severely injured during a fight with The Joker. He loses track of Robin and even the Batmobile, wanders into the streets of Gotham wounded, and stumbles, bleeding, down Crime Alley. When he turns the corner, he realizes where he is, and, before he can leave, he hears people coming, then a mugging starts. "The lady hands over the pretty pearls." The struggle starts, and Batman stumbles out, there's a bang, and the mugger run off in the confusion. The victims - a husband, their mother, and their young son - stand over Batman. One of them says the ambulance is coming and they thank him, but all he can say is "I did it, they're safe." Cut to white.

I can dig it, people will be shocked at first but then think "Hey, this guy had serious mental issues that should've been addressed sooner"

I'd start the arc by introducing some new ayylmao, probably a smart doomsday type.
Then i'd have about 3-4 issues of Bats doing his usual best-detective-on-earth-get-out-of-jail-free card.
Then Bats confronts Ayyus L'Maximus and gets thrown into the sun because he got out Batman'd by Ayyus.
the JL respond with a sigh and a "dammit why didn't he just ask for help"
the end

The buttler did it.

Yeah like he'd take Damian with him on a date with Selina.

He'd take Duke instead, who then becomes black Batman

Professor Plum,
in the Library,
with the Candlestick.

He fucks up one of his grapples and hangs himself.

What's the fucking point then? I can't have meaning because he'll be back, it can't be meaningless because it's Batman dying. If he's gonna die, I'd rather he just die, let Dick Grayson take over

Gets shot by someone while walking with Damian. Big ass event "Who shot Batman!?"

He's swinging around Gotham and he misses a shot with his grapple and falls to his death.

He is not able to get the cape open in time.

wow got some haters that want some revenge

yeah but you have two whole years. That's forever in comics

Maybe not so much.
Captain America was dead for longer.
Wolverine too. Professor X. Jean Grey.
And don't even think about how long the original Captain Marvel's been down.
It's truly amazing that Marvel has kept that promotional stunt going this long.

Drugged by the Joker, forced to wear Daffy Duck's suit, raped by the circus freaks and has his neck snapped by a fucking Polka Dot Man.

The suicide one sounded interesting.

Maybe the first panel should be a monologue and him sitting on a chair looking at the sunset then the next page is a black with BANG in red.

> Harley Quinn finds out Batman's identity
> She goes and tells Joker
> Joker kills Harley for telling him Batman's identity, which kinda ruins Jokers and Batman's relationship
> Bruce Wayne is at a public event, and outta nowhere Joker shoots Bruce Wayne in the head from a crowd.
> Joker puts several more rounds in his head before getting away
> His motive is to see if Batman is really Bruce Wayne
> Jason Todd steps up and becomes the new Batman but is a lot more ruthless then Bruce Wayne
> When Todd appears as Batman to The Joker, The Joker smiles.
> As The Joker begins to smile, Todd pulls a handgun from the back of his belt and shoots Joker in the head.

Todd becomes a new ruthless Batman who isn't afraid to kill his enemies which really makes Gotham look at Batman in a different light.

begins to laugh*

I had the opposite idea.

Batman is pursuing the Joker, when Joker pulls out some gadget that badly injures Batman. Batman responds with a stun grenade or something, and flees into a nearby apartment. Nightwing informs him over the radio he'll be there in 10 minutes, if Bruce can just buy enough time. Searching for ideas, Batman opens the door of a drunk woman's bedroom. He strips naked and tosses his Bat-gear out the window, then climbs into bed with the sleeping woman. Shortly after, Joker bursts in. Bruce Wayne pretends he's been with this woman all night, and tries to identify which if his fellow playboys is pranking him with the Joker mask.

Joker seems genuinely hurt. "Oh Batsy, I thought we had an arrangement?" He shoots Bruce in the head.

My nigga

Introduce this vicious maniac into the DCU canon.

This is godtier, I love it

Alfred
in the batcave
with a baterang

Wolverine had old man wolverine quicker