Oh boy, a new Defenders series?

>Oh boy, a new Defenders series?
>Wow, looks pretty cool, Diamondback looks like a real threat!
>Wait a sec, what's thi-
>"Written by Brian Michael Bendis

Has he infected every facet of Marvel by now?

Sadly yes. He's the closest thing they have to a star so they use him to sell books, but his bump is not as large as a true star.

Must be nice to have so many places to take a creative shit on.

I'm willing to put money on the fact that he's on Fantastic Four when they bring them back after Legacy for that MCU synergy.

>Fantastic Four
>MCU synergy
Feige even reiterated today that it's not happening.

>it's a MCU synergy book

Who fucking cares writes it? It would have been shit regardless, Also this is Bendis doing street level work again; isn't that kind of his strength?

Kevin Feige here.

I lied.

>Bendis
>not writing Luke Cage
Do you think h would allow that?

>now
Where have you been for the last almost 20 years?

That's because it's gonna be a TV show.

Hoping, waiting, praying. That's all you can do

>looks pretty cool
>Diamondback looks like a real threat
Shit taste. Literally delete yourself

Well to be fair, BMB, as shit as he's become, is the only reason why Luke Cage is a noteworthy name at Marvel these days and literally JJ's creator.

This is like the one book he probably should write.

That seems like such an awful idea.

I was joking with the post, but now that I think about it, I actually wouldn't say so, outside of the sfx budget.

FF could work well as kind of Star Trek-like I think, with the character relationships developing over time across various adventures.

>diamondback

why isn't that nigga dead?

Since 1973.

He should change his name to "Diedbutisback."

Not with a team book.

This, it works much better than a movie. The FF don't lend themselves as well to big blockbuster adventures like the Avengers.

You need to get to know and love them as a family. The wacky dimension stuff is secondary.

Is this what Bendis is doing instead of Powers?

I don't think he really did anything, ANYTHING, for Luke Cage. Anyone who bothers reading Power Man and Iron Fist would have been reading regardless, and we've seen lately how much good pushing a characters does for him.
As for jessica jones, literally who cares.

>>Male Diamondback

This is going to lead to him killing off the female one.

A family of adventuring scientists could work. I mean it's fucking lost in space, and who doesn't love that. But a family of "powered" scientists. I mean just the price of a few decent Thing suits is already going to cost you. Then what? Supergirl tier Johnny Storm. I'm still holding out hope that promo image is just a place holder for a few things... But look at Gorgon and Medusa's hair, You can't look a Triton because he's not even there.

You say outside the SFX budget, but that's absolutely crucial to a show like this.

I think that could be done extremely well and quickly in a movie though. Just start at the wedding of Reed and Sue, do some character building, and have the wedding be attacked by mole man or something to move the plot along.

Except Incredibles already pulled that trick started at a wedding, Shit.

I can't wait til Sygorney Weaver shows up as the villain!

We can only hope

There should be a black superhero who in his civilian life is one of the safe black people that old white people are comfortable around but in his superhero alter ego he dresses like Luke Cage normally does or in something more thuggish.

>Has he infected every facet of Marvel by now?
He hasn't written the F4 yet.

The movies sorta got it right, except for everything involving Doom. He even could've worked better as a villain if it were closer to the comics.

>movie synergy
>2 characters literally look like their MCU counterparts, costume (or lack of) and all
>half the people on the cover are just floating in space, while the other two are in motion and not floating

It looks like such massive shit.

He literally had Luke Cage as a major part of New Avengers. Not only that, Luke lead the Avengers when the book relaunched post-Civil War.

Say what you will about the quality of the work, but Bendis undeniably single-handedly elevated Cage's status in the universe itself and to casual readers alike. I mean, shit, Luke Cage was put into multiple video games because of that and we're not talking the cheap to make mobile stuff.

In fact, of this blatant syngery book, Iron Fist is pretty much the only one Bendis didn't extensively write.

Luke Cage has been shit ever since that corpulent kike wormed his way into writing him

That's irrelevant though.

Cage likely would still be C-list, forgotten hero at best if it wasn't for Bendis' push in the early 2000s. Same with Spider-Woman.

>street level Marvel is the one corner of the Marvel Universe that isn't subject to to the shitty events, moronic retcons, obnoxious forced tie-in issues, and SJW faggotry that comes with everything else
>writers and artists just make good books and that's literally it
>suddenly street level is getting more attention because of the Netflix shows
>now Bendis is doing a street-level team book

This could go so bad so fucking fast.
All I need is another fucking Shadowland hijacking the only good books that come out of Marvel these days.

>synergy

You seem to be under the impression that Luke Cage is A-list now. He's not.

I guarantee you the public at large has no fucking idea who this dude is, despite his Netflix show. He's a fucking nobody.

>Brian Michael Bendis
thx for the heads up kind user. avoidin it like the plague

Hastings will save us when Marvel starts putting him on big titles.

>Also this is Bendis doing street level work again; isn't that kind of his strength?
Mile is shit

I was legit a excited, until I saw bendis was writing it

You ARE aware these characters wouldn't currently even have Netflix shows or be exposed as they are now without the comics (Daredevil, Alias, New Avengers) Bendis wrote them in 15-18 years ago, right?

>wasting Hastings on big titles
Jesus, I bet you want Ewing on by titles too. Leave them on the b and c listers where they can shine and don't have to deal with editorial meddling.

You have to throw these guys a bone now and then with something that has a lot of fans or they'll never gain the rep that makes keeping them around worthwhile.

Bendis made the choice to make it MCU synery. It wasn't forced on him.

Bendis?

Well, you would think so, but go back and read his Moon Knight so you can see the dumpster fire that was.

It's a series with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
I'd be shocked if Bendis *didn't* have his claws in it.

>>Wow, looks pretty cool, Diamondback looks like a real threat!
How? As far as I know the dude doesn't really have any powers, he's just good at throwing knives. And he doesn't seem to have the same degree of connections and "can't touch this" as Wilson Fisk. How is this guy any more dangerous than the countless other wannabe-Kingpin characters that Bendis has written?

>As far as I know the dude doesn't really have any powers, he's just good at throwing knives
Kingpin doesn't have any powers and Bullseye is only good at throwing things, but they're easily two of Daredevil's most dangerous villains.

>Kingpin doesn't have any powers and Bullseye is only good at throwing things, but they're easily two of Daredevil's most dangerous villains.
Yeah, but Diamondback isn't just facing Daredevil, he's also facing Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones, all of whom are pretty damn powerful.
And Diamondback is not as good at throwing things as Bullseye and not as powerful or connected as the Kingpin.
Unless Diamonback has powerful allies at his command or has somehow managed to buy every judge and cop in New York, I don't see how he could possibly be a threat to the Defenders.

I don't see how a guy with impractically long stilts could be a threat to anyone, but that didn't stop Marvel from creating Stilt-Man.

Stilt-Man has also never been treated like a credible threat and has never had to fight several superheroes at once.

Yeah Bendis wrote one of the best DD run. Created Jessica basically and elevated Cage to what he is today.

This is one title I am not that surprised he took. Add in the fact the defenders will focus on low key street level shit this will all play into his strengths.

Bendis is at his best when he's firmly on street level.

The problem here is that he doesn't know how to handle teams.

Are we all forgetting his horribad Moon Knight run?

>In fact, of this blatant syngery book, Iron Fist is pretty much the only one Bendis didn't extensively write.
Reminder that Bendis "forgot" to have Iron Fist show up at Luke Cage's wedding.

Wow. WOW. I didn't think Bendis could out-stupid himself after Anti-Thanos missiles.

Er...I guess Danny not being at Luke's wedding would have come before the Anti-Thanos missiles.

>wannabe-Kingpin characters
Bendis sure loves these. And every single goddamn time they give the exact same speech

>Rules have changed, Imma gonna do things differently to those other stupid crime lords that came before me and y'all will benefit. And boy howdy do dem' superhero folks suck, they're stupid and I will totally deal with em' because clearly nobody has ever tried that before.

Born Again had Fisk's showboating sadism backfire on him when he found out Matt was Daredevil. That was the closest he's ever gotten to taking out Matt and he completely screwed the fucking pooch. If anything you could make a claim that Fisk makes it a point to kill off any up-and-comers to not only protect his rackets but to also prevent everyone from realizing he's the reason Daredevil is still around and kicking.

>Unless Diamonback has powerful allies at his command or has somehow managed to buy every judge and cop in New York, I don't see how he could possibly be a threat to the Defenders.
But user, he had his underlings shoot rocket launchers at them, he's for real!

>Diamondback looks like a real threat!

Wait, shit, is Bendis bringing Diamondback back from the dead?
Fucking hell, I actually loved that he died immediately and without really giving Luke any resolution to his beef.

>isn't that kind of his strength?

Even as what he's good at, he's still Bendis, and Bendisism are practically unreadable.
And Iron Fist is clearly going to be there for like one page an issue, because Bendis doesn't even give a half a shit about him, and can't just rewrite him into "Generic Buff Ghetto Nigga" like he did with Luke.

But once one of them becomes the New Bendis, they'll pass above the upper limit of Editorial Meddling anyway!

I mean, fuck, do you think Bendis has been edited ever, at all, in the last decade?

Stilt Man isn't a man with impractically long stilts, he's Iron Man with Extendo Legs.

>It's a netflix original content oc series
>no doctor strange
>no hulk
>just 4(four) people
>they are all street level
>luke cage still looks like a poor man

no.

I'm just wondering how Bendis is going to explain him not being dead.

"I got better."

"I'm a ghost, here to haunt you. Oooooh"
New Vegas is a great game

Yes, the Bendis you see is what gets through extensive editing. That's how bad pre-editing Bendis is.