Few seconds of silence as Luke stares out the window

>few seconds of silence as Luke stares out the window
>the lightsabers crashing down together
>"AH AH HA HA HA HA "
>cuts to the desperate battle on Endor

Tell me with a straight face this is not legit kinotography. There is more cinematic merit in these few seconds than the entirety of TFA or TLJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pVWGmQgHDZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ewoks and music
2/10 REEEE THIS ISNT FOR CHILDREN

>There is more cinematic merit in these few seconds than the entirety of TFA or TLJ
Of course there is. Because back then they understood that blockbuster movies could still be filled with tension and emotion, they didn't need to be streamlined, fast-paced theme park rides.

Will Disney ever be able to surpass these 3 minutes of pure cinema?

youtube.com/watch?v=pVWGmQgHDZc

Even Lucas wasn't able to recreate this moment in the prequels

Imagine how great this movie would be if there wasn't so much dicking around with teddy bears and a repeat of the death star.

While I know the general consensus has always been that ROTJ was the weakest of the original trilogy, this is one of, if not these single best scene of the entire OT. Shame the video cuts out the end of it with Sheev's "So be it...Jedi."

Jabba's Palace scene sucks too.

people here mock sheev for memes. his performance in rotj is stunning. he never goes over the top like he did later on. perfect evil character. perfect performance from everyone in the throne room scenes. you can give the ewok scenes a 0, and that still does not alter the pure kino of rotj, the throne room scenes are by far the most emotional, well crafted, best acted of the entire series.

Go fuck yourself

nothing makes sense in the entire sequence
>send Leia in to unfreeze han for some reason, she could have just been killed outright
>R2 had the lightsaber the whole time but also could have just been turned into scrap before that
Jabba also could have just killed Luke outright. As a sequence it's competently directed and 'fun' but it's comically silly and nonsensical..

Anakin vs Obi-Wan would have been better if they used the same vocals from this scene.

The choreography sucks though.

I've always wondered what this was on the emperor's cloak
did George go back and try to black something out?

This scene broke the whole sw-lore.

The choreography is fine, that fight wasn't meant to show off skill with the lightsaber. It was meant to show Luke being fueled by hatred, and Darth Vader unable to keep up with him just going wild on him.

Yeah can some nerd explain to me, isn’t hyperspace like a semi-alternate dimension

Can you hit stuff in light speed or only when entering/exiting

I'd like to let all my fellow anons in on something big I noticed in this scene. Luke struck to kill the emperor. If his blow followed through the emperor would have been slain. Vader blocked it, but he wasn't just protecting his master. He was also stopping Luke from turning to the dark side. You can now go about your days knowing just how kino this scene is.

why nobody thought to use this move before is beyond me
if it's so easy and effective than it's literally fucking plothole

the real problem is that if it were possible it would have been used before. And large space object like the death star or whatever could have been fucked up by just sending a bunch of objects at light speed into them.

i know it should be the worst movie but rotj is my favorite because of this part of the movie

X Wings were capable of warping, Tons died in the death star assault, why not just sacrifice one or two to Admiral Allahu Ackbar them? Or even have a droid pilot it?

Man, what the hell happened to John Williams? This scene would have lost half of its impact without his music, it sets the whole tone of the fight and how desperate Luke is without a single line of dialogue.

Then you have the new Star Wars movies and I can't remember a single piece of the soundtrack at all

No, they just move faster than light. but think of it this way. In order to come out on the other end without their ship being torn apart by space debris, they'd need shields strong enough to protect them from impacts moving at that same speed.

The ship that got rammed would need a shield to keep it safe as well, and given its size, they'd need ones to stop bolder sized meteors from tearing through them yes?

Yet this other ship rams them as if they have no protection. What should have happened was the smaller ship hit the shields, and maybe did some damage, but would have been less effective than just shooting it with heir specially designed weaponed made for space combat.

There are so many layers of nerd rage in this one since it is incredible. You don't fly your jet into the enemy battleship, you drop a bomb on it because the bomb should theoretically do more damage then your jet should do!

if hyperspace is so powerful they are everyone using laser or energy weapon technology, and not using specially designed missiles or shells launched at these speeds?!

Why build a Death Star that fires a big fuck off laser? Why not build some super hyperspace launcher, set it in an asteroid belt and fire country sized rocks at the enemy planets? If a rock hitting Earth sends us into the ice age, imagine it impacting us at the speed of light!

>I can't remember a single piece of the soundtrack at all

Fuck, you're right, just think about how memorable the music was in the PT/OT:

>Duel of Fates
>Anakin/Padmes love theme in AotC
>THAT open ing scene in ROTS
>The entire Order 66 scene
>Lukes theme - staring at the sunset
>the entire soundtrack as Luke hurtles down the Death Star trench
>pretty much everything in ESB
>Pit of Sarlacc, and the big suspense build up to when Luke goes super sayin
>The lightsaber battle right at the end

The only thing I could tell you about TFA and TLJ is that they used Lukes theme for when Rey touches the lightsaber, and Leia's theme plays when she's flying through space. Say what you will about the prequels, they were a damn sight better made than nuStar Wars

in TFA the Millennium Falcon passes through the shields of whatever that thing was called because the shield has a refresh rate or something, which provides a gap a ship moving at light speed can pass through

TFA is retarded. Having a refresh rate on shields is there so when something hits the shields the damage it took is refreshed at that moment. The shields are not blinking on and off like a strobe light!

And even if that is how they want to retcon it to be working, then here is a simple solution that I came up with right now. Have a dual-layered shield, each one with a refresh rate that covers the gaps in the other one.