Was this the best capeshit cartoon we ever got ?

was this the best capeshit cartoon we ever got ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6dPBkEec-88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>capeshit

It was very good and easily the best Marvel cartoon, but its DC competitor from the same era (BATB) might have still been better.

Spectacular Spider-Man was awesome, and I'm still mad it got cancelled, especially on that cliffhanger.

Spawn

Fuck no

Yep. Fuck Disney.

Yes

Not even close, silly OP.

But how did he survive tho

That isn't JLU.

No. 60s Spider-Man is where its at. Best Spidey cartoon ever

That show was complete trash, the only thing worse is its shitty reboot/spinoff clogging an entire network

60s' Spider-Man is honestly not good, people just think it's good because LOL THE MEMES XD but I actually tried to sit down and watch it and it's not good.

No, that show was just shipper's wet dream

Justice League Unlimited was the best capeshit cartoon we ever got.

here let Luthor slap you about like a little bitch

Best Marvel cartoon. But the Timm DC stuff trumps it.

See, I'm conflicted. On the one hand, it's a very well done show, the writing and animation are great, the characters are believable, the plotting is excellent.

But it's just not as comfy as Spider-Man: TAS. Maybe because Spec focuses more on Peter's school life but it just comes across as him getting dumped on by everyone way too much. Like, he goes to save everyone from the Lizard (as Spider-Man) and now everyone thinks he ran away to get pictures for the Bugle and they all hate him.

It's uncomfortable how much shit he goes through at times. With TAS it was all sci-fi crap - "I'm turning into a mutant!" "My wife is a clone!" etc. which makes it more palatable but Spec makes him so relatable and his problems so real it's not easy to binge watch.

teen titans go is better than shit

TAS is better than Spec

Literally started watching Six Forgotten Soldiers last night.

I like you, user.

It is a good story arc

if you are going to watch JLU, watch the Cadmus Arc, that lasts 2 seasons, the third season isn't good.

It's the best show in the history of Western animation. It's better than Avatar, even.
Actually, I'm still debating that.

>No, that show was just shipper's wet dream

What the fuck does that even mean?

>ustice League Unlimited was the best capeshit cartoon we ever got.

The Cadmus arc had one of the laziest conclusions I've ever witnessed. The third season was also unnecessary and its only redeeming factor was the Flash episodes.

Don't get me started on the shitty retcon to Batman Beyond.

>comfy

Why do you have this delusion that it was good?

>It's the best show in the history of Western animation. It's better than Avatar, even.

>mfw I remember being younger and not understanding that shows could be cancelled
>mfw I remember looking for the next season on the internet, but not being able to find them

that spider man cartoon was good, wish it went to cartoon network instead of disney xd when kids wb shut down.

Yes.

From Marvel, yes.

I don't know about that. It had a better theme song, at least.

>BTAS still exists
Nah. It is probably better than Spiderman TAS though.

KYS. It was ok but seriously overrated. Also ruined Starfire forever.

Spawn, tas, jlu, beyond and batb are better. Sorry

In the context of Spectacular Spider-man Peter really should have told the Connors he was Spider-man.

I still remember waiting and wondering when Super Robot Monkey Team would air its next season on Jetix because it got ended on a cliffhanger, checking the tv schedule about once every two weeks for a while.

I love BATB to death but I have to give the title to SSM purely because of its strong continuity. Are you not American? Because this sort of thing virtually never happens in American cartoons.

no batman is still

It's still hurts that Spectacular was canceled. And with announcement of Marvel's Spider-man all hope is lost for it to get at least one final season to complete the story arcs. What a disappointment...

It has that shit art style though.

>Don't get me started on the shitty retcon to Batman Beyond.
1. it was never a retcon. the only retcon was that they replaced old Selina kate by Wellers, which is a 200%improvement.
2. It wasn't shitty, it was awesome.

spectacular shipping spider man

It's not even the best Spider-Man cartoon.

Spectacular is still way better than SM tas. It's not even up for discussion. Haven't watched Ultimate so can't say anything in that regard.
Also, BB is simply amazing and on the same level with Batman tas for sure.

Beyond

There were a few homages to BTAS in Spectacular Spiderman, actually. Such as a scene in which Spiderman in the black suit alongside Black Cat is drawn frame by frame like one scene of the fourth season of BTAS in which Batman is running side by side with Catwoman.

Best Marvel show, absolutely.

It doesn't touch any of the Timmverse shows, though.

Yeah. That and it's too kid-centric. The best superhero show would have to be one that's uncompromised and not altered in order to appeal to young children.

Yes. They should have brought this show back, not Young Justice.

So the show has to be dark and dead-serious in order to appeal to you? Where is fun in that?

>SHOCKEEEER! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME! I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

The implication was that Batman Beyond is a better Spider-Man cartoon

Take your nostalgia goggles off.

>Follows the comics better than almost any other show
>Shipper's wet dream

Tossing out random phases means nothing user.

Not that user, but Epilogue was complete dogshit. The entire idea of "muh genetic Batman" was fucking stupid. The idea of kindred spirits tied together through a series of events was a lot more interesting than the stupid-as-fuck retcon.

Also yes, it's a retcon, and a stupid one.

I mean I agree that it's kind of stupid that Terry is Bruce's biological son, but the whole point of the episode is that Terry isn't Bruce even though Waller tried as hard as she could to make him like that. And that's okay because Terry is still Batman, and the world needs Batman.

>92328358
is this a motherfuckin jojo reference!?

It's not a retcon. They planned it from the start, but Catwoman's genes were going to be involved too.

The animators made it cartoony so that they could have an easier time animating fight scenes
Which payed off because Spec did have some really good fights
youtu.be/6dPBkEec-88

Your life has a shit art style.

But they are pretty much on the same level if you think of it.

But girls in Spectacular SM are extremely cute I give him that.

Black Cat gave me a boner in every single scene she was in. I fucking love this cartoon.

you're both right, in a way. it's written and animated like something lifted straight out of a comic book from the time - or maybe from a decade earlier. it's hilarious in its quaintness today and was probably wonderful for kids at the time.

it's packed with filler scenes despite being only a 10-minute-episode series, it's set in a single location with a limited cast, and is simply villains with dirty dirty plots versus spiderman. the writing is terrible, especially dialogue, but it's really just the simple tiny text bubbles of a comic book put into episodes the size of a short story in an issue of all-star or whatever at the time.
it's perfectly enjoyable if you're looking for fun without even an attempt at serious commentary or drama, and you can accept the constant reuse of footage and cels.

i say all this while really really really hating spiderman. i don't like his character, powers, and cheesy superman day-to-day scenario, all his movies are laughable, i've barely read his comics, nor am i interested in most marvel stuff anyway. but the 60s cartoon is a blast to get into, and it keeps your interest til the end.

Does anyone have a source for this? I'd love to see this shit.

Conversely, there were a few homages to the MU in BB in Season 1.

There was an episode where Terry fights a celebrity superhero team that's blatantly the Fantastic Four, and "Golem" is basically "What if Peter Parker never stopped being an asshole"