Now that the dust has settled

Which film was better?

The milkshake one

The coin toss one.

The one where the guy says a few words and it ends.

Assassination of Jesse James is galactic brain answer
TWBB is true answer

No country for old men because it's the only one there that isn't pretentious art house shit.

I thought those were the same movies for the longest time, There Will be No Country for Blood.

But I also thought Sherlock Holmes sequel was Sherlock Holmes and the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'm fairly retarded.

they're both desertkino

I prefer TWBB for subjective reasons but I think it's safe to say both of these movies are in the top 10 for that decade.

There Will Be Blood.

I rewatched There Will Be blood not long ago and it didn't hold up. Funny enough I thought the ending was quite good though despite me not being keen on it when I thought it was a great film, it makes sense as a logical conclusion to all the shit before it

>There will be blood
>No Country for Old Men
>The Assassination of Jesse James..

Has there been a better year than 2007 for timeless classics?

1974 and 1976 are pretty close. 1994 is up there too.

1999 had a lot of entertaining movies. Good? YMMV, but entertaining for sure.

TWWB by a lot
TWWB wasn't in the least bit pretentious, it was by far the least pretentious movie by PTA

my nigga, 1994 is my favorite year for music. what do you like moviewise from 1994?

Forgot about 1999. It was a sensational year with a lot of great films that aged really well.

Pulp Fiction, Shawshank, Ed Wood, Quiz Show, Lion King, Chungking Express, The Crow, Reality Bites, Forrest Gump, The Mask, Speed, Interview with the Vampire, Four Weddings and a funeral, Natural Born Killers, Bullets over Broadway

There was a lot of good stuff

I hate Cohen brother films because they act all pretentious in their film making. They deviate from the main story and expect the audience to follow it. They try to be too artsy to the point where it doesn't work for their movies. The only film that was passable for me was Burn After Reading.

Its a coin toss

No Country is the better movie but TWBB has the superior performance.