Dumbing of Age

A man once asked why I continue to read "Dumbing of Age" while having no desire to earnestly do so.
I could only reply, "Because it's there."

Maybe I do it out of spite.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/c8pA7R2.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wills at this point is convinced that everyone in the world is fueled and driven by spite.

The spite engine chugs on tonight, as Billie subtly manipulates Ruth into acting against the person who overtly manipulates her.

Oh, I see what's going on here. This is why Willis Flanderized Howard into being a complete dipstick. With Howard's newfound lack of awareness of the overall situation, Willis can write him as if he truly is completely unaware of Sir Clint's administratively abusive nature, and soon he actually WILL write Howard as being completely unaware of the situation. Why? Because then Willis will write what Billie's saying as the truth: Sir Clint doesn't actually do anything hurtful towards Howard, and IS in fact using him as leverage over Ruth.

Why?

Because for some fucking reason that still hasn't been fucking explained, Sir Clint apparently NEEDS Ruth to have her position as an RA in this specific dormitory, as if his own life depended on her being employed.

Let me guess: If we stay on this scene the next strip will be Ruth marching to Clint saying "how dare you use Howie against me!" or something. I mean what else are the last two panels portraying there other then Ruth thinking Billie is right?

Shrug.

i.imgur.com/c8pA7R2.png

Here's the pron.

If I could post a thumbs-up emoji from a dude wearing sunglasses like all the cool kids know how to do, I'd post one.

just start making the threads yourself

Well all I gotta say to this one is "yawn" and hope we move on soon.

Man, Sir Gramps of Clintley sure is a master manipulator.

But I've seen Speed, I know the solution here. Shoot the hostage.

This is basically the last strip repeated though.

And tonight, panels 2, 4 and 5 are repeated.

Kinda, last strip was Ruth saying she won't gamble with Howard's well-being, this one was about how Clint knows that and is using that against Ruth.

All without ever showing Howard's struggles. I mean, even the bit where she says that Clint could get mad and Howard still stalls implies that he's not worried about Gramps. There's a way to make his reluctance seem like he wants to stay away from Clint as long as possible, but the constant Game of Thrones talk makes him seem more concerned with getting to watch as much as possible than anything else.

This, pretty much. Billie asked Howard about Clint, and he came off as if he hadn't a clue what she was talking about. For all we know, he doesn't, because we've yet to see anything from his point of view other than his desire to see boobies and watch Game of Thrones.

"There's no magic solution"

Unless you're Becky.

Grandpa Clint was pretty much a magic solution for Ruth getting fired from her RA job and maybe expelled after all the stuff she confessed to.

>This isn't Disney

Wait, it's not? I mean Clint pulled off a miracle to keep your job. Also there's a super hero running around and a bunch of dead moms and junk.....

So if Willis is God, and God answers lesbian prayers, then Clint is Ruth's jackass guardian angel.

Willis remains an awful God.

>pepe looks on disapprovingly

Threatening to cut your donations to an organization to get your way is hardly a miracle.