Batman Year One storytime

It's been shared here plenty of times, but it's been over a year since someone storytimed Year One as originally published, as opposed to the digital recoloring most of the TPBs use.

So here we go.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/91303244/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This credits page says all that needs to be said about that, really... Richmond Lewis' use of reds and blacks in this story is gorgeous.

Still one of the best comics stories ever published.

The art in this is probably what ever superhero comic should look like.

The best part about actual singles' scans? Old letters' pages.

That, and the ads.

This is good too, someone storytimed it the other month, check it out on desuarchive... I mean, later... unless you're reading this on desuarchive, in which case, do whatever.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91303244/

'member Lazertag?

God's work OP.

God's work.

I love Batman doing tedious Solid Snake/Sam Fisher stealth mission shit.

IS THIS REALLY THE END FOR OUR HERO?

HAS THE CAPED CRUSADER PREMATURELY PERISHED, BEFORE HIS CRUSADE COULD TRULY BEGIN?

CAN HE SURVIVE THE WRATH OF THE MOST CROOKED OF COPS?

TO FIND OUT, TUNE IN TOMORROW

SAME THREAD, SAME TIME

Letters pages in old comics are amazing.

PEE'D
HIS
PANTS

I just pretend that never happened.

I hear a lot of complaints with the Absolute scans, but I'm happy with them.
I wish DC still did letters sections.

I think there are legal issues with reprinting letters pages due to the fact that the people in them might not want their names published or that different people might be living at those addresses.

Even in the 80s, they knew.

As someone who loves Year One, what else would you guys recommend reading from Batman? The only thing I felt kept the same tone and was good was Wagner's stuff and Ego.

I don't really care for most of the more typical superhero-y Batman stuff, except Morrison's run.

WEW

BATMAN'S BACK

IN POG FORM

Long Halloween
Killing Joke

are first which comes to my mind. I'm sure, someone would recommended better reading order, but I think both of these are "origin" cases, so harm here.

I hope you're ready to see Batman turn certain defeat into one of his greatest victories, cuz I sure as hell am.

I love Miller's Batman - even when freefalling through a burning building with his shit getting fucked up, the first thing he thinks about is how sorry he is that he can't save this one guy.

>Hans Zimmer intensifies

I really hate the tacky floral pattern they added to the sheets for no reason in the recoloring.

bump
Next issue won't get us anywhere near the image limit.